Challenge of Trading crudeM with 4k for 30 trading days!!

What happened to this Challenge Sirji?
Kahi Josh me Hosh to nahi Udd gaya naa(meaning-Account Blow) :lol:
He is having some problem with charts (as mentioned in Zerodha thread). Maybe that's why trading is on hold.

About Prince UTTARAKUMĀR Virāta
n the epic Mahabharata, Uttar or Uttara (उत्तर), the prince of Matsya Kingdom and the son of King Virata, at whose court the Pandavas spent a year in concealment during their exile. He was the brother of Uttarā, who marriedArjuna's son Abhimanyu. Towards the end of the year that the Pandavas spent at the Matsya kingdom, Duryodhana attacked Matsya and brought the army of Hastinapura to their borders. King Virata had already taken his entire army to another battle, so Uttar alone went to confront Duryodhana's army with Arjuna (disguised as the eunuch danseuseBrihannala) as his charioteer. While initially Uttar was confident of his abilities, he panicked upon seeing the congregation of renowned warriors at the head of Duryodhana's forces, particularly Bhishma, Drona, Kripa,Karna, and Asvatthama. Uttar dismounted the chariot and ran for his life, but Arjun gave chase and caught him, telling him off for such a show of cowardice unbecoming .

Thanks vijkris for starting this thread. I am also trying to be disciplined in trading from long time. Got inspiration from your thread and set an internal target for myself for 30 days :) .

Hi, this thread is to challenge myself to be disciplined and consistant.

For this I will challenge myself to focus on 1 scrip i.e CrudeOil, irrespective of new highs made in Nifty !!

Next task is to trade only this scrip with rs.4k as capital.

I will keep this challenge for 30 "trading days". Not necessarily consecutive as there are some outside commitments.

There are so many methods and I am yet to decide which method/rules I ll follow.

Will post realtime charts, hope its not against the rules of the forum.

will not post any ledgers/tradebook snapshots as it is childish/signs of arrogance.

Risk mgmt: Well thats the tough part here, as the capital is too low and minimum risk is 10 pts in crudeM, so it comes out as 120 rs including brokerage.
thats 3% per trade.
Margin required is around 2800 per lot, so i will have around 10 consecutive sl hits as the point where further trades cant be taken.

So the challenge will end either at end of 30 trading days or 10 consecutive sl hits. :D

If i come out in profits, no issues, if i loose this challenge, then max loss should be approx 1200-1400 Rs.

Hopefully thats not a huge amount to gain discipline.
!!!
All are negative thoughts.....suppose you learnt lesson with such small loss....it will never help you when you play with big amount....:thumb:

ha ha
itna gussa, not good for health, will raise BP :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I too have attempted it. Started with 5K about 1.5 months back with strict discipline. Account grew to 12K. But, the issue is we get bored and get tempted to adopt new strategy. So, I lost 2K. Realized my mistake. Have gone back to old strategy. Let me see, how it goes.

Anyway.....Good Luck to you :thumb:

mark8tune

Hi,

I too have attempted it. Started with 5K about 1.5 months back with strict discipline. Account grew to 12K. But, the issue is we get bored and get tempted to adopt new strategy. So, I lost 2K. Realized my mistake. Have gone back to old strategy. Let me see, how it goes.

Anyway.....Good Luck to you :thumb:

That's true..............

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I was out of station.
In the first post itself I told that it won't be consecutive days of trading for me in this month, as i have personal commitments.
btw, Have decided to stop browsing tj during market hours.

So will post anything after closing the terminal or after market hours, i.e night eleven pm.