Trading challenge - 1 to 2

UberMachine

Hi everybody,
This challenge is to double the money this quarter (OCT 2018 to DEC 2018).
The system is an automated system based on this thread.

Details
  • Starting Capital - 130000
  • Leverage - 5
  • Capital to be compounded weekly
  • Start date: 1st OCT 2018
  • End date: 31st DEC 2018
  • Max drawdown expected: 25%
  • Final expected capital : 260000
I am using a dedicated account for this challenge so that I could post all details. I may change some parameters throughout the challenge.
I would place orders at the start of the day and close by the end of the day. No manual intervention.
Would also provide a public link to the challenge.
The backtesting results would be posted by 10th OCT 2018 and I would update the live results daily or once in 2 days.

All queries are welcome

Last edited:

VJAY

Hi everybody,
This challenge is to double the money this quarter (OCT 2018 to DEC 2018).
The system is an automated system based on this thread.

Details
  • Starting Capital - 130000
  • Leverage - 5
  • Capital to be compounded weekly
  • Start date: 1st OCT 2018
  • End date: 31st DEC 2018
  • Max drawdown expected: 25%
  • Final expected capital : 260000
I am using a dedicated account for this challenge so that I could post all details. I may change some parameters throughout the challenge.
I would place orders at the start of the day and close by the end of the day. No manual intervention.
Would also provide a public link to the challenge.
The backtesting results would be posted by 10th OCT 2018 and I would update the live results daily or once in 2 days.
Great UB........Its reliable challenge .......and am sure its winner :)

manny.here

Thanks. But 100% in 3 months is quite tough. May be some more bearish period would help ;) but would be great if I do it in an uptrend
Market should be too volatile / bearish till Dec mostly except some bounces . There are state elections which mostly will be won by opposition and rest there will be 3 angels ( Vix , Crude , Rupee ) helping your shorting trades. :up::up:

prabhsingh

I would like to contribute as well if you could let us know trade details as well so that if required system can be improved.I dont think you are taking any Moving average or any indicators into consideration.

marimuthu13

I would like to contribute as well if you could let us know trade details as well so that if required system can be improved.I dont think you are taking any Moving average or any indicators into consideration.
he mentioned somewhere about simplicity of system along with rigid rules..

adding more and more filters may lead to discretionary way of trading ........

VJAY

Dear prabhsingh,
He trades on his well tested method though with some his own variation in this challenge...and its not on looking charts...he enters @ 9.15 and exit @ 3.00 :) ...so at start got one loss trade ...thats it only....:)