Calling Saji Oommen

Hello Saji,

I have gone thru some of your threads. And found the AFL files uploaded by you are very good. If you do not mind can you please have some more AFL files uploaded. I am also willing to share some of my files that i have currently from Various sources

The main reasn for starting the Thread is all the members can share each other views on diffrent AFL that gets uploaded on the Forum

Thanks
Karan

Hello Karan,

Thanks for your call. The purpose of that thread was to share a few AFL codes i had got from various sources. Before I proceed aren,t you the same karan who was using the RMO Indiacator(Rahul Mohinder owner of viratech india) in Metastock. Just out of curiosity do you use it anymore. I have seen only the demo part of it at Metastock site. Does it work real time?.

So judging from your experience of Trading basis tools you are not finding it very useful. Let me remind you one or two of his tools can be very helpful.

What baffles me is that i am yet to come across a review of Trading basis tools which was negative. So i too had checked it out again and again. The more i check it out i feel a few tools are very useful.

I think one of members in this forum named Yara is using it successfully.

Regarding AFL codes for trading i find only two or three persons sharing it in the forum. There are number of users of Amibroker in this forum. Then karan no serious trader will part with his codes so easily. Because once a strategy or system is made public it looses its effectiveness gradually.And a serious trader will be capable of making necessary changes to his strategy or system.

Anyway here is one code which is very useful for intraday trading .To use it effectively you can use it on 5,3,15 minutes data or which ever time frame you feel comfortable.

Regards

Saji

Last edited:
Hello Saji,

Yes i am the same Karan who use the RMO Indicator But now i have changed my software from Metastock to Amibroker as Metastock Intraday data for Equis costs me 6,500 A month and data from E-Signal costs me just 3,500 Esignal has also come up with Data for Indian Exchnages and i am yet to looking out for a good trading System in Metastock as the one i was using in Metastock i am still Working with the Support to make changes in some files

Hey BTW i agree that no one will be able to share their trading system But my Dear friend i Have had a Very HArd Knocking in this Markets Before i became a Sucessful Day Trader and i am AlWays Willing to Help Other as the Best As i can IF not i would have never Said in my previous Thread about the Amibroker Tools Which i am willing to Share

Anyways have to Visited the www.tradingmarkets.com

Look out at the trading System they have the ALfrez Day trading Program

It Have The code for it in Amibroker As you have some idea about the AFL files Probably we can workout together to get some good trades

Let me know IF we can work over This

Hey BTW in the mean time if you have a good AFL File for daytrading a Robust trading System Let me know PLease

Thanks
Karan

Hello Karan,

Thanks for your reply. I had seen this ALfrez Day trading Program. But it costs 7500/-dollars. Well if you are willing to spend that kind of money i will direct you to a person who is top in AFL coding and charges are reasonable. But you need to give him the program details and need to make payments only when the work is complete. In this case he may take a small advance.

I do like to trade intraday. But due to office work i cannot due much about it. May be i should start again.

May be i can help you with some day trading systems which i had collected from various sources. These are simple systems and can be implemented in Amibroker quickly by you without any outside help.Often i find it is the simple methods that work in stock market especially if used with MM techniques.But i have to search my folders to get the details. PM me. When i find it i will send it to you.

If you already have a good system that works for you why do you have to keep looking for new ones. One of the best advices i have read by a successfull trader is that some time we got to stop looking for or learn a new system or indicator especiallly if you have a successful system that suits your requirements. You should develop more on that system that already works for you and squueze the maximum out of it.

Regards

Saji

SGM

If you already have a good system that works for you why do you have to keep looking for new ones. One of the best advices i have read by a successfull trader is that some time we got to stop looking for or learn a new system or indicator especiallly if you have a successful system that suits your requirements. You should develop more on that system that already works for you and squueze the maximum out of it.
Hello Karan, Saji

Very well said Saji. After doing lots of hard work finding, developing methods/systems do we really give it time to work? When we select a system/method we know that it will work out on average basis. For any averages to emerge we need a relative big sample size (typically 100 trades or more), but some how all this is forgotten after a few adverse trades, maybe our money management is not tight enf, maybe we take bigger risks than we should. So do we stop looking for better ways? Don't have answers, just the questions.

Regards
Sanjay

Hello Saji,

Great But the only problem is as have changed my software and i need to know the AFL that suits Amibroker. Anyways if you Direct me to the preson who takes care of the AFL code wil be a great Help.

I do have a system in Place But that work in Metastock and not Amibroker

BTW i have an Add request pending from you on yahoo msn my email is [email protected]

Thanks
Karan

Hello Sanjay,

Nice to see your post after some time in Amibroker thread. Missing your new ideas and flair for coding in AFL. Good to see you back.

Yes some time we got to stop learning or looking for new system or indicators if we really want to trade successfully and with confidence.But this stop is applicable only if you already have a system or indicators which
helps you to trade successfully. This does not mean we should ignore all new systems or indicators. We must have a look at it but in coparison with our existing successful indicators or systems. Here is what i do

When ever i come across a new indicator code in Amibroker i will compare with my existing indicators. For example i have 2 or 3 indicators which gives me early buy sell signals which i regularly use. Now what i do is i will check if the new indicators are giving me even earlier buy or sell signals than my existing ones i trust. For me to have a serious look at the new indicator it has to give early signals or signals on the same day as my existing indicators.
If so i am alerted and look into the new system.

An even earlier buy or sell signal need not mean it is a good signal. But some times the sell signal given by the new indicator can be useful for early exit strategy. Vice versa for buys. So you can combine the indicators or use it seperately.

This does not mean i will replace the old system with new ones. What i do is i will do a detail check on different scrips with different rates and under different conditions with the new indicators. If the test results are negative i remove it to my trial folder.

But surprisingly i have found after all these years of testing new indicators very few gives positive results. Moreover very few are stable or consistent under different market conditons. Hence my suggestion stick to what works for you especially those ones that gives you good signals under different market conditions consistently.

This does not mean that all the buy or sell signals are valid ones. There are false or even failed ones. To take care of that we may adopt certain filters or even better is money management and position sizing. Then after some experience you will learn to avoid the false signals very easily.

Some indicators work fine, if you trade them consistently. The problem is too many traders give up on something b/c it had a bad day or week.

Regards

Saji

rpc

Hi Saji
thanks for sharing your trading strategies.We all are fortunate to have people like you around.I agree no one will share all the trading strategies one adopts.I remember you had given quite a few useful afls earlier( ichimokku for instance).I wonder whay you have stopped sharing them.As I understand from your post you have quite a good build up of afls.Of course you have spent time and money in gathering them.But at least try to give one a day or week.We all would be very grateful to you for that as we can learn a lot about programming in afl from that.
@ karan
As you have also agreed to share some of your afls when can we expect them ?
with best wishes
rpc

Hello Karan,

Thanks for your call. The purpose of that thread was to share a few AFL codes i had got from various sources. Before I proceed aren,t you the same karan who was using the RMO Indiacator(Rahul Mohinder owner of viratech india) in Metastock. Just out of curiosity do you use it anymore. I have seen only the demo part of it at Metastock site. Does it work real time?.

So judging from your experience of Trading basis tools you are not finding it very useful. Let me remind you one or two of his tools can be very helpful.

What baffles me is that i am yet to come across a review of Trading basis tools which was negative. So i too had checked it out again and again. The more i check it out i feel a few tools are very useful.

I think one of members in this forum named Yara is using it successfully.

Regarding AFL codes for trading i find only two or three persons sharing it in the forum. There are number of users of Amibroker in this forum. Then karan no serious trader will part with his codes so easily. Because once a strategy or system is made public it looses its effectiveness gradually.And a serious trader will be capable of making necessary changes to his strategy or system.

Anyway here is one code which is very useful for intraday trading .To use it effectively you can use it on 5,3,15 minutes data or which ever time frame you feel comfortable.

Regards

Saji
saji,

Thank you for sharing afl on camarilla-pivot-lines, which is use full.
But this alone is not sufficient for trading. Some more indicators are required to tell us when to buy and sell. Your further guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards