Calling Saji Oommen

chintan786

Hello Chintan,

Read through the AFL code and see how various inputs like B1 up and B1dn and then TOTAL is defined or initialised by the author. For example B1 is initialised as follows by the author

B1 = NOT upswing AND zz <= ftr + PriceZone AND zz >= ftr;

in the above line of code he has seperately initialised ZZ, ftr , pricezone etc. For example ZZ=zz = Zig( Close, Change ); Here Zig is a function in AFL synthax.

Another example is

// find last and previous Peak/Trough values
// and bars where they occur
pk = Peak( Close, Change );
tr = Trough( Close, Change );
pkbars = PeakBars( Close, Change );
trbars = TroughBars( Close, Change );

Here the explanation of what author wants through his code is masked out by //. here he wants to find last and previous Peak/Trough values
and bars where they occur. Peak and tough bars are also AFL functions.

Similarly he has defined or initialised all other variables in his code.Total is nothing but the cumulative total of all up and down counts.

This is the reason why i mentioned earlier you use this code to learn or understand how to code in AFL. You also need to study through the helpfile in Amibroker. Often i find majority of the users do not know the real functioning of the codes they use. It is just depending on buy or sell arrows shown by the code.

you must take pain to study each and every AFL code you come across by taking a printout and analysing in detail what it does.

In this forum there are some persons with good AFL knowledge like Praveen , Karthik and sanjay to name a few.You may also contact them to learn more.

Regards

Saji

thank u saji thank u very very much for replying.

chintan786

hi Saji,

I need ur help in one more thing.

I have excelsheet with the help of which i get real time data from yahoo.

Now I want to connect this with AmiBrokerso tht I can able to get real time data in AmiBroker and can do real time analysis. but don't know how to do this.

If u have any idea on how to do this than it will be great help for me.

thanks in advance

Hello Chintan,

If using excel i remember one created by cooltera which imports yahoo quotes into Amibroker. It can be downloaded from traderji software section. He has detailed the process. I have not used it.

For excel you need the DDE data plugin for using with amibroker. You can download the latest version form the Amibroker registered members menu at amibroker.com.

I would suggest you try out CEM utility from http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CEMCOMPUSOFT/. It is free and very good. He is a member of traderji and very helpful. But you need India bulls PIB to use it.

Other paid options are from www.datafetchers.com and www.investbulls.com.

Regards

Saji

Hello spiderman,
I do not use metastock. It is certainly possible to import RT data into MS. You may try www.investbulls.com or contact its owner Satya who also is a member of this forum and a very helpful person. Or try data fetcher another helpful and knowledgable person.

Recently i read in one of the traderji messages a utlity which will import RT data into MS from PIB. You got to search for it

Try this link
http://www.traderji.com/software/11643-realtime-data-thru-pib.html

or else contact uasish another member who has good knowledge of MS.

regards

Saji

chintan786

Hello spiderman,
I do not use metastock. It is certainly possible to import RT data into MS. You may try www.investbulls.com or contact its owner Satya who also is a member of this forum and a very helpful person. Or try data fetcher another helpful and knowledgable person.

Recently i read in one of the traderji messages a utlity which will import RT data into MS from PIB. You got to search for it

Try this link
http://www.traderji.com/software/11643-realtime-data-thru-pib.html

or else contact uasish another member who has good knowledge of MS.

regards

Saji
Hi saji thank u very very much.

One more thing , I recently comeacross a newthing. I don't know wht it is.

Here i am uploading this. one more file is there. but it is more than 100kb so not possible to upload.

this was shown to me by a member in AmiBroker.

Last edited: