Analysts calling to subscribe

sumantra

Now-a-days, i am getting numerous calls from several stock analysis firms to enlist with them to get trading calls. They charge for it 7000-15000 rupees monthly. Whenever i execute a trade with my online broker,they usually call me after that. Giving me the dreams of assured returns. Anyone have any idea about them ?
Actually i am a swing trader. Take position for 15-30 days in a selected stock after doing my own research/analysis. This brings me nearly 10-15 thousand monthly average return. I am a small investor and i do trade keeping in mind my own risk appetite. Am i right with my strategy? Or, getting registered with any of them might be helpful/disastrous ? :confused:

mohan.sic

Now-a-days, i am getting numerous calls from several stock analysis firms to enlist with them to get trading calls. They charge for it 7000-15000 rupees monthly. Whenever i execute a trade with my online broker,they usually call me after that. Giving me the dreams of assured returns. Anyone have any idea about them ?
Actually i am a swing trader. Take position for 15-30 days in a selected stock after doing my own research/analysis. This brings me nearly 10-15 thousand monthly average return. I am a small investor and i do trade keeping in mind my own risk appetite. Am i right with my strategy? Or, getting registered with any of them might be helpful/disastrous ? :confused:
My opinion 95% of them are simply bogus.
90% of people who has spent few years in market and lost some amount thinks that they understood market. Few donkeys will turn out to be tips providers.

mastermind007

You are on right track. Stay away from them.

All such prank calls come from a woman and she always starts with "Do you trade in markets?" and my reply is "Why do you ask?". Most tele-sellers are not prepared to handle this and conversation quickly degenerates to the point of disconnection.

Saying No would be lying (without a good reason and why Sin when you don't have to).

Saying Yes would mean that you have to endure her sales pitch or be rude to turn the phone down.

Answering question with a question is the best middle ground and as a bonus you do not have to hear her sales pitch that could excite your inherent greed and thereby entrap you.

oilman5

thank u(sumantra) as a successful trader. In my novice journey path,due to access and search for holy grail myth, i meet and subcribed a lot of them in pre 2000 era in Delhi-mumbai-calcutta. none has accuracy level 50% , later the socalled big TV entertainers ,i have seen and off the record i can say -they dont earn even bank interest rate by trade,but runs profit in lakhs/crore by selling tips/news letter.Yes i lead a different life, and some of them still stands up in person ,to show respect.
At the same time i have seen many a trader(highly skilled) has accuracy of >70% own calls ,but they trade and not for public.
If u r interested just follow good thread here on price action. read ST,Xray27, Saint to explain logic behind a trade.
my fno has some logic approach to sector rotation, and strengen u with knowledge on overall economic effect.
But dont throw what u r doing, maxm u add leverage.
Infact u know how to trade, for swing read free logic given at trading academy .

comm4300

Saying No would be lying (without a good reason and why Sin when you don't have to).

Saying Yes would mean that you have to endure her sales pitch or be rude to turn the phone down.

Answering question with a question is the best middle ground and as a bonus you do not have to hear her sales pitch that could excite your inherent greed and thereby entrap you.
:thumb: no thanks button..hence THANKS!

fxgood

You are on right track. Stay away from them.

All such prank calls come from a woman and she always starts with "Do you trade in markets?" and my reply is "Why do you ask?". Most tele-sellers are not prepared to handle this and conversation quickly degenerates to the point of disconnection.

Any way you do end up in making sin of not allowing to do their profession professionally :d

mastermind007

Any way you do end up in making sin of not allowing to do their profession professionally :d
hmm.

It is actually testing their professionalism. In most cases, counter-question forces them out of their parroted script and are forced to think on their feet. For the record, not one of them has crossed that hurdle thus far.

fxgood

hmm.

It is actually testing their professionalism. In most cases, counter-question forces them out of their parroted script and are forced to think on their feet. For the record, not one of them has crossed that hurdle thus far.
Then they required quality HR to appoint better guys/gals :D