Building Up A Portfolio At A 7000 Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narendra,

I think if you are not a high risk trader - avoid Educomp Sol. I have tracked it since 300. The company's business model is good and growing at a 68% CAGR.
Although everything is fine, I personally do not like a high priced script with a high PE which my first cut-off for selecting a script. You do not know whether they can keep up this performance.
Dont look at an opportunity lost because it defies our investment strategy.
It is my personal view.

I think you can relook at NIIT - which we have recommended at 400 levels.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

What's your call on Hotel sector, this is summer and book time for hotel industry .... Can u suggest a good one in Hotel sector .. how about Hotel Leela ?

Mejo - I will get back on that one.

Hi All,

Our short term target on Shasun Drugs and Chemicals has reached the target price of 150. Please book profits.

The next ‘Heard On The Streets’ call is on Financial Technologies. CMP 2810. Target 3000+.

Note: Please avoid heavy positions.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hi All,

fyi

Verdict Fallout: RIL drops 1%, RNRL zooms 4%

BS Reporter / Mumbai June 22, 2007

While the shares of India’s largest private sector company Reliance Industries (RIL) fell 1% during early trading, shares of Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Natural Resources (RNRL) and public sector power giant National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) appreciated by 4% and nearly 2%, respectively.

Reason - The Bombay High Court’s decision that RIL can’t sell gas from its wells in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin to any other party except RNRL and NTPC in the first eight years of production.

I expect a sharp fall in RIL. Your views are appreciable.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hi All,

fyi

Verdict Fallout: RIL drops 1%, RNRL zooms 4%

BS Reporter / Mumbai June 22, 2007

While the shares of Indias largest private sector company Reliance Industries (RIL) fell 1% during early trading, shares of Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Natural Resources (RNRL) and public sector power giant National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) appreciated by 4% and nearly 2%, respectively.

Reason - The Bombay High Courts decision that RIL cant sell gas from its wells in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin to any other party except RNRL and NTPC in the first eight years of production.

I expect a sharp fall in RIL. Your views are appreciable.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Hi Supratik,

Opto circuits has been making new highs lately. What's ur take on it? Is it worth entering at CMP?

Also, Gayatri Projects is buzzing as it bagged some 500cr order. Any idea on this one?

regards
vizzie

Vizzie,

I have tracked Opto Circuits. It is a beautiful counter and is a definite in everyone's portfolio. Infact I thought of recommending it but there wasm;t much of an activity.

Gayatri Projects - I have not tracked but I think it has bagged some big order (not sure though)

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hi All,

We have reduced our positions and sitting on cash. Meanwhile we are looking forward to short term counters. After our success in 2 counters – Shasun Chemicals and Financial Tech, we are moving with our 3rd counter - HINDUSTAN OIL EXPLORATION.
CMP 121.3 Target 132 and above.

Note: These counters are merely from sources and broker’s recommendation. So please look at your risk tolerance.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hi Supratik,

I have'nt been around for a while. Have couple of things to share though. One a query and other a stock pick.

a) Financial Technologies..a brokerage has come with a Target of ~3800 on back of likely value unlocking once MCX is listed..wud like your views on whether this cud be accumulated at current levels

b) Mold Teck (bse 526 263) ..This is more of a fundamental pick..hv been holding on to it from 45 odd levels..is tradin at 120 odd. Should be good enuff to test 180+ levels. Is an excellent play on Structural Engg-KPO. Revenue mix is stil skewed towards its Mfg biz (mfg of pails for pharma co's) but the KPO div is expanding at a terrific pace. Is failry cheap at ongoing PE. Recently the stock has featured in the research universe of a brokerage....a target of around ~200 as been recommended. Cud be bote with a > 6 month holding period.

Regards
Gaurav.

Thanks Gaurav,

Would definitely look into those.

Hi All,

Review on some of our calls

Entertainment Networks recommended at 350 - hold
Deccan Chronicle recommended at 500-600 (pre-split) - hold
IPCA Lab recommended at 615 target 900
Jupiter Org recommended at 155-170 hold
Electrotherm India recommended at 500 hold
Titan - recommended at 650, 850 and 900 - 1279 - hold

Will come back with the detailed portfolio in a few days.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.