BSNL Broadband Speed increased to 2mbps.

Blackhole

my present plan is Upto 1 Mbps till 6 GB, 512 Kbps beyond 6 GB.
lets see whats in new plan.
how do u mange with such low speed......i use couple of 3g sticks (for trading that too above 10gb)...?........have many optic fib provider but all face the issue of frequent disconnections(u know city corporations digging holes and cutting fiber )

much better if they cud have increased 512 kbps mini to 768 kbps or 1 mbps. in every plan. 512 era sud have gone. actually this increase is a kind of face saver bcose in a recent report internet speed in india was among lowest in asia. in china it is 3.7 mbps. south korea at top with 24 mbps just 10 mbps lesser than mr modi uses.just to feel good :)

Relish

Till now digital India is in only paper.. There is no up-gradation of existing exchanges of BSNL... In my area they give only main city Internet facility but even in 7km range of this main city they totally refused "we had no responsibility will it work or not " :( .

To make digital existing as well new exchanges needed to upgrade not just digging road side & doing some patch work...

ocil

I have chat with DGM BSNL on Monday. As per MODI Govt now broadband minimum speed is 2MBPS. Company will not sell broadband less then 2 MBPS. BSNL is going to change all the plans in near future. They have to upgrade there infra to handle the same. no plan will offer less then 2MBPS. I think private operator also force to give minimum 2MBPS to customer. Waiting for deadline to announce by Modi Govt. Also
Reliance Jio will push FTTH big way and tariff will drop.

spiritunit

I am using ACT Fibernet (Chennai), service is also good, if its available in your area get it and the speed is