AMIBROKER IEOD Database (01 Sep 08 to 15 Dec 09)

findvikas

Yes you need to change the format of the file.
Go to File Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->View

=> Scroll down and uncheck hide extensions for known file types
=> Change extension and revert the setting

or open the File in notepad and save as "NSE_IEOD.format" with double quotes.

Regarding the DB opening... check if you have any subfolder inside the folder that you are selecting... if there is another folder with same name then choose that one.

Yes you need to change the format of the file.
Go to File Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->View

=> Scroll down and uncheck hide extensions for known file types
=> Change extension and revert the setting

or open the File in notepad and save as "NSE_IEOD.format" with double quotes.

Regarding the DB opening... check if you have any subfolder inside the folder that you are selecting... if there is another folder with same name then choose that one.
Thanks, that worked!!:D Everything is fine now:D

Updating the database
1) Download the zip file and extract to some location
2) Start AmiBroker and go to File->Import Ascii
3) Choose "NSE_IEOD" as file format (see above for this format file)
4) Browse to that folder where you extracted it all, and select all files.
5) Hit OK and you are done for that day.
6) Repeat it daily in the evening and you should be good.
Hi

I have chart data from 01 Sep 08 to 15 Dec 09, which i imported using Vikas' IEOD database.
I downloaded rest of the data from 16th Dec 2009 to 17th March 2010 using the downloader.
Now, if i want to update the database till March 17th, do i need to pick up the daily data and import it one by one? or is there a way by which i can import data from 16 Dec 09 to 17 Mar 2010 at one go?

sub2501

hi, findvikas,
thanks for the software,

I analyze only 30 stocks. Now after downloading the data, i need to delete the unwanted scrips manually everyday and is one of the most boring work, Is there any way to download only the required scrips (like i will select the the scrips and whenever i download only the selected scrips are downloaded)

thanks.

shanki99

hi, findvikas,
thanks for the software,

I analyze only 30 stocks. Now after downloading the data, i need to delete the unwanted scrips manually everyday and is one of the most boring work, Is there any way to download only the required scrips (like i will select the the scrips and whenever i download only the selected scrips are downloaded)

thanks.
Suba

I assume that u use Import Wizard in Ami to import data into ur database.

In that case while importing data, un-check the "Automatically Add Symbols" check box in the Import wizard window. This will prevent from importing data for which there are no symbols present. U shud also delete those unwamted symbols before the import process.

Hope i understood ur question correctly and this helps :thumb:

vssoma

Dear,
is it necessary to download all the historical data, when i need to use ami for intrady chart reading. i downloaded and install the amibroker, please, can you tell me the process to import data of nse for intraday chats.
thank you,

Dear all,
please, clear my doubt.
thank you,

shanki99

Dear all,
please, clear my doubt.
thank you,
Its easy to read the help files first and then ask ur doubts here...ur doubt is more general and can be found everywhere

here is the link...have a look and then come back here if u still have questions

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/w_impwizard.html

and reg historical data, ami requires atleast 3 bars data to display the bars. Whether u want all historical data depends on ur requirement....