Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

karthikmarar

Hi rpc

Thanks. But we have a long way to go before we catch with all the listings. More updates will follow...

Company : Shivam Autotech Ltd
Nature of Business: Transmission Shafts and Gears
Symbol: SHIVAMAUTO
Sector : Auto
Industry : Ancillaries

Note : The company was incorporated after the demerger of the Binola Unit of Munjal Auto Industries Ltd (MAIL), which is engaged in manufacturing gearbox components involving forging and machining. Post the demerger, the company had allotted one equity share of Rs 10 each for every 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each, held in MAIL

Regards

Karthik

Last edited:

karthikmarar

Hi All

Next Update

Company : Bharat Bijlee Ltd
Nature of Business: manufacturing and Export of Motors, Pumps, transformers
Symbol: BBL
Sector : Engineering
Industry : Electrical Equipment

Regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

Hi All

Industry Sector update for New Listings.

Company : Parekh Aluminex Ltd
Nature of Business: Aluminum Foil Containers
Symbol: PARAL
Sector : Metals
Industry : Non ferrous

Though the products cater to Food Industry, since the raw material used is Aluminum I have put it in the metal sector. Yes, a little debatable since the growth of the food industry would have effects on this company. But the price of aluminum too would have adverse impact on the profitability. Also we have only a industry called Food products..

Regards

Karthik

rpc

hi karthik
I am simply amazed by your devotion to this forum.The way prolifically you have been posting on this forum.All the postings by you are simply "value" addition to this forum.
May you live thousand years and keep benefiting newbeis and learned seniors alike.
May God Bless you with more health, wealth and wisdom
with best wishes
rpc

karthikmarar

Hi All

New Listing Sector and Industry Assignment

Company : Arrvee Denim & Exports ltd
Nature of business: Denim/cotton fabrics and garments
Symbol : ARRVEEDEN
Sector : Textiles
Industry: garments Readymade

Regards

Karthik

hi all,

if may be annoyingly repeated, but database purity is very important to any FRUITFUL Technical analysis.

in NSE, securities are traded in different series. EQ & BE series must be enough for most of the people. so we would base our discussion based on this assumption. after downloading the EOD list from NSE, the EOD converter may use the logic that all series except EQ & BE are deleted before convertion. the EOD converter developed by pkjha of this forum has this facility to select EQ & BE series only. may be others also have this facility. for the differerent EOD converters & other software available at this forum, you may visit the link:

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

the next issue is symbols that have changed since the first day of your database. due to change in symbols, chart for each symbol is shown partially against the old symbol & the rest against the new symbol.

to know all the symbols presently in your database, you may run the AllMySymbols.AFL attached to this post. it will display all the symbols found inyour database. i have done this exercise on my database & the symbols found in my database are also attached as AllMySymbols.txt. a typical NSE symbol database of EQ & series will contain about 994 symbols as on date. (this number was amtching with karthik's database also, hense you may count on this number.)

HOW to run the AFL?

rename the AllMysymbolsafl.txt file to AllMySymbols.afl
Place the file AllMySymbols.afl in ...\Amibroker\Formulas\custom
Go to ANALYSIS >> Automatic Analysis
click on 'Pick' & select AllMysymbols.afl
select Apply to 'All symbols'
select Range 'All quotations

Press 'SCAN'
you will get the list of ALL symbols in your database, with the total number in the STATUS bar. you may export the list into a file & save if you like.

this number of total stocks in the database will give a rough idea of symbol changes & other imperfections in the database.

hope this write is useful. if you have any comments / suggestions, please post.

the procedure for incorporating changed symbols into Amibroker will be brought out in the next post.

all the best.
murthymsr
Hellow murtymsr,
I recently have read about the Amibroker being a very feature reach software and is very good for beginners as well as advanced users. In addition I also read about this thread dedicated for Amibroker started by you and karthikmarar.
As you have rightly mentioned the success of any software paid or free depends to a great extent on the availability of reliable and consistent data source and again the simplicity and ease of procedure required to import the data from the data source into the software in a firmat compatible with software. There are many softwares on the market but the source and importig procedure of data is to tedious, that the user is put off in the first few daya or weeks.
In this connection I would request both of you to please desin or develope the importing procedure in such a way that if for some reason the user is not able to download the data for a few days. he should be, when he resumes downloading operation, to import the entire missing data with one or two steps in one go instead of importing data day by day.
I am in the midst of downloading trial version and will be thankful to let me know the source and procedure to import the historical data of BSE,NSE and NSE futures(EOD) in to the software
With best regards and good luck in your new thread
sharantaka

murthymsr

Hellow murtymsr,
In this connection I would request both of you to please desin or develope the importing procedure in such a way that if for some reason the user is not able to download the data for a few days. he should be, when he resumes downloading operation, to import the entire missing data with one or two steps in one go instead of importing data day by day.
I am in the midst of downloading trial version and will be thankful to let me know the source and procedure to import the historical data of BSE,NSE and NSE futures(EOD) in to the software
With best regards and good luck in your new thread
sharantaka
dear sharantaka,

thanks for the interest in this thread and in TA SW.

a lot has already been said and many SW are available for 'putting' data into TA SW. a very interesting feature of most of them is that they are developed by members of this forum and they are free.

for the post which provides the links to most of the within the forum developed software, you may visit:

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

while on the subject, i would like to add that already lot of information is available in this forum on many matters concerning SW, trading and other related issues. you may take some pain to go through various posts at your leisure, so that you would not be asking for something which is already there.

all the best.
murthymsr

Hi murthymsr,
thanks for your prompt reply informing me about the softwares available in this group which have been devloped by the group members themselves. I have been trying to understand their working for sometime now, and find that unfortunately their operational instructions are for those who have a reasonable degree of expertise with the computer operation especially the software part of it.
I am neither a computer professional or an expert operator so i find that a bit over my head, can you please suggest a software which can be operated even by less previleged in computer knowledge department
thanks
sharantaka