Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Hi guys,

Sorry to interrupt.

I am a newbee, I want to use amibroker for stocks ( Nifty ) and commodities ( MCX ) as my 1st trading software.
Ami users pls let me know whats the cost of the software and its updates.
and any other information I need to know before buying it.

Thanx.

hi all,

if may be annoyingly repeated, but database purity is very important to any FRUITFUL Technical analysis.

in NSE, securities are traded in different series. EQ & BE series must be enough for most of the people. so we would base our discussion based on this assumption. after downloading the EOD list from NSE, the EOD converter may use the logic that all series except EQ & BE are deleted before convertion. the EOD converter developed by pkjha of this forum has this facility to select EQ & BE series only. may be others also have this facility. for the differerent EOD converters & other software available at this forum, you may visit the link:

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

the next issue is symbols that have changed since the first day of your database. due to change in symbols, chart for each symbol is shown partially against the old symbol & the rest against the new symbol.

to know all the symbols presently in your database, you may run the AllMySymbols.AFL attached to this post. it will display all the symbols found inyour database. i have done this exercise on my database & the symbols found in my database are also attached as AllMySymbols.txt. a typical NSE symbol database of EQ & series will contain about 994 symbols as on date. (this number was amtching with karthik's database also, hense you may count on this number.)

HOW to run the AFL?

rename the AllMysymbolsafl.txt file to AllMySymbols.afl
Place the file AllMySymbols.afl in ...\Amibroker\Formulas\custom
Go to ANALYSIS >> Automatic Analysis
click on 'Pick' & select AllMysymbols.afl
select Apply to 'All symbols'
select Range 'All quotations

Press 'SCAN'
you will get the list of ALL symbols in your database, with the total number in the STATUS bar. you may export the list into a file & save if you like.

this number of total stocks in the database will give a rough idea of symbol changes & other imperfections in the database.

hope this write is useful. if you have any comments / suggestions, please post.

the procedure for incorporating changed symbols into Amibroker will be brought out in the next post.

all the best.
murthymsr
Where is the attached file AllMySymbols.AFL .I would like to test my database.
Thank you for the post.

Finally I managed to update the sector and Industry categories for the NSE stock.

I am enclosing the stockindustry.txt file. Follow the same procedure explained before.

When I did the update I felt the need to refine the sector and industries categories. We need to add few more industrys in ao that we get proper sectoral charts. I plan to do it soon and will post the details.

For the time being the current will suffice.

Please do report errors if any

regards
eventhough I am not new to this forum, I try to find the stockindustry.txt but fail, please upload the file again
thank you