Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Hi Karthik and Murthy

I am really thankfull to both of you for helping new users of AMI, like me. I have perfect AMI db now. Is it possible to creat breadth charts like Avance/declines ratio , like you have provided afl for composite charts.

Bye
Raj

So we started a long elaborate process of lists and revisions, arguments and agreements and finally arrived at list of 18 Sectors and corresponding 94 Industries. To tell the truth it was not an easy task.

next came the arduous task of assigning the industry for each stock. Some of the new stocks we had to go to the company web site to check their activity and assign the industry. It was a very time consuming and boring task. Somehow we went through the task and completed it.
That is why the seniors present here are called:
Gems of Traderji.com
Praveen.

well better late than never,
thanks with all my best wishes for duo.a long term search ended.well sorry, if i am becoming a bit greedy.i have combined data folder for bse-nse to facilitate searching my setup.now my bse data is crying for same better treatment.
one more thing regarding cleaning the old data is highly irratic in nature giving a large useless junk while cleaning.is there any way to deal with this. thanks a lot again and a quote to u
PARMARTH KE KARAN SANTAN DHARA SHARIR.OLD HINDI POEM EXTRACT.
RAJNEESH

murthymsr

Hi Karthik and Murthy

I am really thankfull to both of you for helping new users of AMI, like me. I have perfect AMI db now. Is it possible to creat breadth charts like Avance/declines ratio , like you have provided afl for composite charts.

Bye
Raj
dear rajekc,
yes, it is possible, though i have not tried so far.

you may refer the help file, abstract from which is placed below:

The exact AFL formula for AmiBroker's ADLine is:

Difference = ( AdvIssues() - DecIssues() )/ ( UncIssues() + 1 );
DiffSqrt = IIF( Difference > 0, sqrt( Difference ), - sqrt( - Difference ) );
ADLine = Cum( DiffSqrt );
all the best,
murthymsr

murthymsr

dear rajneesh,

i have combined data folder for bse-nse to facilitate searching my setup.now my bse data is crying for same better treatment.
this is an issue, we have no experience with. even in our post, we have adequately cautioned members who have BSE database. but nothing to worry, may be you will come out with some solutuin and help other BSE / combined users too.

basically, if you think of adopting the same sectors and industries to BSE database also, the solution may be simpler. you may assign each of the BSE stock to an industry (sector assignment is automatic once industry is selected) and append to the stockindustry.csv file. you may have to run the afl's again.

this is just a thought, without any experience. you may take back-up of the database before any attempt, so that you may restore the old database if the need arises.

but, if you have both BSE & NSE in the same database, your sector/industry aggregates may not be realistic. please make a note.

one more thing regarding cleaning the old data is highly irratic in nature giving a large useless junk while cleaning.is there any way to deal with this. RAJNEESH
you may elaborate on this issue if it cannot be attributed to the combining BSE stocks also in the database.

i know this answer may not be of much help to you, but i have nothing more to add on this.

all the best.
murthymsr

Last edited:

ragsid

Hi Murthy/Karthik,

I was wondering if you could post a note on the profiles/template/layouts for AB (the ones that you use most for analysis and you find useful and even the colorful one that you posted for the sector) ones that you use fand may be if possible attach them for the boarders. oh! and how about a post on scanning the stocks using AFL (Ah! now, I know I am asking bit too much ;)).

Thanks, keep up the great work,

- Rags

murthymsr

hi all.

the 'OI' (open interest) information can be viewed in the price data tool tips.

if you have assigned sector/industries in your AB as suggested, you might have noticed that:

the 'OPEN INTEREST' field for the industry/sector shows a small number. this number indicates the total stocks traded on that day in that industry/sector.

if there is a sudden jump up or down in the sector/industry composite price chart, the number of traded stocks shown in OI field will be useful in understanding that the jump UP/DOWN could be because of some stock/stocks being quoted or not being quoted on that day as compared to the previous day.

hope this information will be useful.

all the best.
murthymsr

Last edited:
Hi karthik, murthysir,
i loaded the sector dta and my observation would be
a)Kalp power, ptc kec should be in Power/Others rather than in Textiles
B) emkay AND gEOJIT SHOULD be in Financial/Others(presently in Pharma and diversified resp)
if yes pl tell me how to make corrections in my database
regards

karthikmarar

ragh-ash, rakekc,rajneesh,ragsid.

We really appreciate your kind words and encouragement.

Strange coincidence ... all names starting with R... :)

warm regards

R.karthik & murthy msR