ALL IS WELL in Trading - Toshi's Trading Diary

TraderRavi

low risk profile
At this moment, I don't feel that there is any particular advantage in using Zerodha, specially since the others are charging Transaction charges significantly less than Zerodha. Both RKSV & VNS charge Rs. 200 (or is it 230??) per crore, while Zerodha charges Rs. 490/-.

All three are equally very professional, prompt and polite where service is concerned.
what is this all fuss about transaction charges........does it affects small volume players..........say 1-2 lot per trade ,3-4 trades per day........20 trading days........kitna farak padega 230/490 ka ....? max. 800 - 1600 rs per month.....

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
^ What??? Difference in transaction charges???

I don't think so, are you guys sure?
what not sure ?.....it is 200/250 vs 490 per crore.........so difference of 250 per crore say.........for 1 crore turnover u need 18 lots per day....250 x 20 = 5000 per month......so if u trade total 18 lots per day , 5k per month is the difference.........

nac

I always find difference between my and my broker's calculation of net p/l. I thought it's because of rounding off. Now it may be because of higher transaction charges. I started doubting... I gotta check it with my broker about this...

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I always find difference between my and my broker's calculation of net p/l. I thought it's because of rounding off. Now it may be because of higher transaction charges. I started doubting... I gotta check it with my broker about this...
who's ur broker.......

toshiaki

I am not using the Ztrader terminal. I am using NOW. For Zerodha I use the browser based HTML5 version.

If you have 2-3 trades per day then VNS Finance (Smarttradeonline) is pretty good @0.7paisa per lot. With Zerodha it will come to Rs. 40 (Buy + sell) for even 1 lot. If you are dealing in more than 3 lots in a trade, then Zerodha is ok, but here again, VNS has a Rs. 15 per trade advantage (Rs. 30 for Buy + sell).

Zerodha was the first discount broker on this forum and thus has a larger client base. Also, they were very responsive to the members here initially.

Lately both RKSV and VNS have developed a good name here. Both of them are Mumbai based. Zerodha is Bangalore based. Another broker, Achiievers Equities (Kolkata based), has a few satisfied clients on this forum and they have an astounding Rs. 500 per month scheme (Rs. 1499 for 3 months).

At this moment, I don't feel that there is any particular advantage in using Zerodha, specially since the others are charging Transaction charges significantly less than Zerodha. Both RKSV & VNS charge Rs. 200 (or is it 230??) per crore, while Zerodha charges Rs. 490/-.

All three are equally very professional, prompt and polite where service is concerned.
Thanks TP,
As i compared more among Zerodha/RKSV/SmartTrade, right now RKSV and Smart Trade are out of competition as I am looking for Equity and Commodity segment and they have service only in Equity. So here Zerodha is the winner.

And about NOW terminal, i keep on hearing that it gets hang most often, and disconnected problem..thats why i asked about zerodha terminal..

what is this all fuss about transaction charges........does it affects small volume players..........say 1-2 lot per trade ,3-4 trades per day........20 trading days........kitna farak padega 230/490 ka ....? max. 800 - 1600 rs per month.....
And yes Ravi Bhai, you are right. I calculated this last night taking an approximation of 4 trades per day (2 in Fut and 2 in Opt), and assuming all the days were good for trading, which rarely happens, it was only a difference of 1000-1500 rupees.

Ravi bhai, can you give your experience on zerodha terminal?? does its charting tool are good??

TraderRavi

low risk profile
And yes Ravi Bhai, you are right. I calculated this last night taking an approximation of 4 trades per day (2 in Fut and 2 in Opt), and assuming all the days were good for trading, which rarely happens, it was only a difference of 1000-1500 rupees.

Ravi bhai, can you give your experience on zerodha terminal?? does its charting tool are good??
I use NOW, but ZT is also same.....for charting nest pulse is there in it , its ok type....

ajeetsingh

no, which broker provides demo account ?
Only Foreign Forex Brokers:

Okay, Is zerodha providing any demo account to get the taste ?? before opening the account ??
I too tried to open account with them but then preferred to open account with broker within my city although brokerage is same i.e 1p per Rs.100 for equity, Rs.7 per lot for futures n Options & Rs.10 per lot commodity with NOW terminal for NSE and ODIN for commodity. The both terminals are best to extract live quotes to excel which I badly need.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
V Metals 0