A view on commodities

hi all , NG weekly bar is pin bar , can we expect some green candles now on, this counter is hammered very badly.
also crude is hovering around 46 after hitiing 42.6 low.
Yes, you are right. Green candles are likely to appear on Monday
I am looking for a good bullish momentum in NG to around 165 and then 175/80 and may be more in time to come :D
Should hold line of caution at 140 and line of emergency exit at 130

BTW, if reaches 160-65 as gap open or after open then likely of a pullback at those levels (as anticipated by DSM)

For Crude MCX

There are 2 scenarios as per Crude chart

1. a pullback to 3050/45 (line of caution 3030) and if broken downside then looking for 3000 (2990, the line of emergency exit) or even lower.
2. no pullback and a jump to 3100 and above 3125 and then 3150 (if holds line of EE)

But finally, whether there is a pullback or not, I am looking for a jump till it holds 3000/2990. :D

Hi TR

Did you make use of this post, posted on 29.10 afternoon
Lekin lagta to nahin :D

Shorters in crude oil
Just double check your analysis :D
Crude made a jump of about 100 points on that day

TraderRavi

low risk profile
For Crude MCX

1. a pullback to 3050/45 (line of caution 3030) and if broken downside then looking for 3000 (2990, the line of emergency exit) or even lower.
2. no pullback and a jump to 3100 and above 3125 and then 3150 (if holds line of EE)

But finally, whether there is a pullback or not, I am looking for a jump till it holds 3000/2990. :D
I do not look at MCX chart , their levels keep changing based on USDINR etc ,
I see charts on investing .com , present value is 46.4 support is at 45.2/45.6 resistance at 46.4/46.8 and I buy/sell based on these values not on MCX values.

DSM

TR,

Just posting my views and charts on crude. Notes are made on the chart and are self explanatory.... I was looking at the fundamental news to understand the cause of the spike.... It seems lower rig count of 15% over the last 9 weeks has led to the bullish run in crude. But this argument seems weak in my view, as it will take time for the cut in rig to impact supply..... and OPEC can open the oil valves and make up for any short fall in the demand. Already the Gulf states finances are in a mess.... and they need funds to support their welfare economy (add to that their opulent lifestyle)

An untold reason though for the run up in crude can be the turmoil in the house of Saud, which is split, with a majority wanting to replace the current ruler and crown prince. If that was to happen, oil prices can go to uncharted territory. The below link (next post) is insightful - though it states that prices can go lower, but the uncertanity of politics in the land of one of the largest oil producer/exporter can move markets (and is what is happening in my view)

Ofcourse, we day traders cannot trade on basis of belief.... And only PA can be the tool for gauging entry, SL and exits..... So we revert to charts.

DSM thanks for detailed post , if you get time for crude oil chart analysis /present scenario , that would be great.

DSM

Saudi Arabia's 'game of thrones' could derail global oil markets - MIKE BIRD0OCT 30, 2015

http://www.businessinsider.in/Saudi...erail-global-oil-markets/articleshow/49602083

Financial analysts play close attention to politics in the countries they monitor - it's crucial that they keep track of potential policy changes coming down the pipe. When the country you're looking at is Saudi Arabia, that's a different sort of challenge. There aren't any elections to keep track of, but there's constant turmoil in the country's monarchical system, which often looks more like medieval Europe than anything else.

Right now, there's a surge of interest in Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman - the 30-year old son of the current King - who has at least one team of analysts talking about Riyadh's "game of thrones."

Royal Bank of Canada's global head of commodity strategy, Helima Croft and her team lay out their concerns in a note published Friday: Since Salman ascended to the throne in January, the outsized influence of his favorite son, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MBS), has reportedly been a primary driver of discontent within the royal family. The young prince, who is thought to be between the ages of 29 and 32, controls some of the most prized political real estate in the country despite having a shorter resume than many of his older relatives. Not only is MBS in the immediate line of succession as Deputy Crown Prince, he is the world's youngest defense minister, Chair of the Council on Economic and Development Affairs, and Head of the Supreme Council for Saudi Aramco.

Croft is keen to note that a dramatic power struggle isn't RBC's base case, but tensions have risen to such a level that they're no longer able to rule it out. Mohammad bin Salman (referred to as MBS) has ruffled a lot of feathers during his sudden climb to the top. As defence minister, he also has significant responsibilities over the country's war in Yemen.

He's not next in line to the throne officially. Muhammad bin Nayef, the 79-year-old King's nephew, is Crown Prince, and the designated successor. A grandson of Ibn Saud, who founded the Kingdom had a series of letters published recently calling for all three of them to be replaced.

Croft notes that Saudi Kings have been assassinated as recently as the 1970s, so a violent succession isn't out of the question. Under normal times, discontent in the enormous royal family might be dismissed as gossip.

But that any regime change or instability could bring about a tremendous change in the global order when it comes to oil. The oil price plunge that began in the second half of 2014 is a major economic event for Saudi Arabia - the International Monetary Fund has suggested that the country has about six years of fiscal buffers left if oil prices stay near where they are now.

The country is enormously reliant on oil for tax revenues. The fiscal buffer refers to the country's enormous currency reserves, which will quickly dwindle if prices don't rise again. That's not just an issue for the public finances - two-thirds of the country's men are employed by the government, and social stability is maintained in part through the generosity of the state.

But that's partly a conscious decision made in the Saudi corridors of power. OPEC, the cartel of oil-producing nations, agreed not to cut production in the face of slumping oil prices, and the overproduction has cut prices to less than half of what they were in the middle of last year.

That had a clear knock-on effect on the world's advanced economies, sending inflation to zero and below in the US, UK and the eurozone. The strategy's intention is to cripple the US oil boom, which has been gaining an increasing market share, to the extent that the country is now practically self-sufficient in terms of energy.

Here's what the RBC note says: Depending on his path to power, a new monarch might feel the need to quickly generate additional revenue to fund popular infrastructure projects and social welfare programs, as well as boost the overall mood of the populace and the private sector, which depends heavily on government largesse. Market share might therefore take a back seat to maintaining public support in a power shift scenario.

That would be an enormous shift not just for Saudi Arabia or the region, but the world. The country produces about a third of OPEC's 30 million barrels per day, and other countries tend to fall in line when decisions are made in Riyadh.

For Crude MCX

lagta hai the time for jump to 3100 and above has come :D
keep EE.

Crude breached line of caution at 3030, but line of EE still safe.
Check in next session, for a reversal at/around the line of caution

DSM

Are SL - Market orders visible?

Yesterday had gone short in Zinc with a SL of 112.10 I was quite sure of the downtrend, and confident of my SL being safe.

Zinc went down almost 9K from my short entry, but not before triggering my SL @ 112.10 (which was the highest it went before the down move began)

Hence the question I have : Is the SL - Market order visible in the order book? As this order is conditional, I believe that it cannot be seen, but now am having doubts. Can anybody clarify? Thanks