A view on commodities

Dax Devil

Just noticed
In Crude
Break of 3040 will be an open invitation for bears.
And then a good fall is anticipated.
I am short since yesterday from 3130 level. Booked half 10 minutes ago and rest with a TSL that bulls will have to work very hard to touch. Zinc and silver are positionally short and still running toward my target. Amen. Will see them tommorow evening. Now I am shutting the terminal down. Good night to commo trading. :)

Dax Devil

Zinc covered at 108.90. Around one rupee above my intended target. Crude covered also at 3001. About 25 rs above my target. Silver too at 35426, around 500 rs above the target. No worries, profit is profit even if a bit short of expectation. I may do a trade or two in crude intraday. On monday I intend to close the commo account as I did the FnO a week before dushera. 3 odd years in trading, I think I had enough.

DSM

DD,

Good bye to trading? Wish you well in all your endeavors. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Zinc covered at 108.90. Around one rupee above my intended target. Crude covered also at 3001. About 25 rs above my target. Silver too at 35426, around 500 rs above the target. No worries, profit is profit even if a bit short of expectation. I may do a trade or two in crude intraday. On monday I intend to close the commo account as I did the FnO a week before dushera. 3 odd years in trading, I think I had enough.

Dax Devil

DD,

Good bye to trading? Wish you well in all your endeavors. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Yes, the NSE derivatives trading is over for me. It was already getting very distressing to positionally trade the market that lately has been needing gaps to move 1 or 2 irregular steps on regular basis (thanks to now-bursting bubble of Modi euphoria). Besides I ran trade simulations on 3 x lot size even before it came into play, and given the market's present ugly moves my system's risk maths wouldn't come up with 'go ahead' light, unless I opt to blindly gamble instead of speculating intelligently. Still I have Dmat account, and I am keeping an eye on 3-4 small/medium caps which are being consolidated and have potential to be multibaggers in coming years. I may buy into them if only this govt stops wasting time on ridiculous issues like beef eating or temples and start thinking of nation's welfare. A tall order, I know, but hope is an eternal addiction you know.
Commodities I love to trade really. And I guess I should not close the account, at least not before I make NG pay my money back that it took a year or so ago on an inventory day. It wiped 1/3rd of my account in minutes, I was novice in commo trading then. Not anymore. I will make it cough up the amount with interest before I say goodbye to it. Revenge trading? Well, it won't be the first time. My whole trading career so far has been based on bending or breaking the known rules of trading. That is my edge. ;)

BTW, crude hit my intended target of 2974 a while ago, and silver is approaching. :D

Take care friend. Will see you.

DSM

DD,

Will miss your presence - if you were not to be on the forum... You have quite strong opinions on issues and put it across quite clearly....

NSE Derivatives - We have to learn to adjust to changing realities whatever they be.... As the saying goes, the only constant in the world is change.

Good luck on making back in commodity trades. And do post when when the revenge is taken :):):)

Yes, the NSE derivatives trading is over for me. It was already getting very distressing to positionally trade the market that lately has been needing gaps to move 1 or 2 irregular steps on regular basis (thanks to now-bursting bubble of Modi euphoria). Besides I ran trade simulations on 3 x lot size even before it came into play, and given the market's present ugly moves my system's risk maths wouldn't come up with 'go ahead' light, unless I opt to blindly gamble instead of speculating intelligently. Still I have Dmat account, and I am keeping an eye on 3-4 small/medium caps which are being consolidated and have potential to be multibaggers in coming years. I may buy into them if only this govt stops wasting time on ridiculous issues like beef eating or temples and start thinking of nation's welfare. A tall order, I know, but hope is an eternal addiction you know.
Commodities I love to trade really. And I guess I should not close the account, at least not before I make NG pay my money back that it took a year or so ago on an inventory day. It wiped 1/3rd of my account in minutes, I was novice in commo trading then. Not anymore. I will make it cough up the amount with interest before I say goodbye to it. Revenge trading? Well, it won't be the first time. My whole trading career so far has been based on bending or breaking the known rules of trading. That is my edge. ;)

BTW, crude hit my intended target of 2974 a while ago, and silver is approaching. :D

Just noticed
In Crude
Break of 3040 will be an open invitation for bears.
And then a good fall is anticipated.
Hope the crude traders has enjoyed the fall
IMO, the fall seems over or may be a few more points

But looking for an upmove to 2980/5, in next 90 mins or so OR may be by close of the session.

Njoy

Sad to know that you are leaving NSE derivatives trading.Have you tried changing the timeframe ?

Wish you the very best in whatever you do in your career.

Smart_trade

Dax Devil

DD,

Will miss your presence - if you were not to be on the forum... You have quite strong opinions on issues and put it across quite clearly....

NSE Derivatives - We have to learn to adjust to changing realities whatever they be.... As the saying goes, the only constant in the world is change.

Good luck on making back in commodity trades. And do post when when the revenge is taken :):):)
That's very kind of you to say so. BTW, around 60% revenge has already been taken in the recent head-first dive of NG from 164-130. :D

Sad to know that you are leaving NSE derivatives trading.Have you tried changing the timeframe ?

Wish you the very best in whatever you do in your career.

Smart_trade
Thanks, smart trade. It is not the timeframe problem - fortunately I am quite proficient in trading all timeframes. I prefer to trade minimum 4 hourly to weekly as both my time and money management remain in sync with them, but as per my system simulations, time frame to sucessfully trade NSE market in present situation must not exceed 5-10 min. Beyond 15 min the risk factor would move with geometric progression. And the fact is, smaller the time frame, less risk, moderate profits but more screen time, eventually more trades. Mentally I can't afford the last two anymore, particularly the screen time. But the good thing is, NSE markets had been extremely kind to me over the years. I am leaving it with gratitude in my heart.

Catch22

Its a relief to know you will continue with commodity trading .You would have been missed for the varied interests and thought provoking sentiments you would express ,of which when one gets aquainted ,one cannot but agree .

I feel the same about commodity trading and yes NG did the same with me too.. Even so ,it still is my favourite ..
Hope you will continue to be around here ,' even after NG coughs up with interest and more the amount it owes .. adding zest and pep' with your messages and remarks..Take Care bro and wish you all the very best.:thumb:

Dax Devil

Hope the crude traders has enjoyed the fall
IMO, the fall seems over or may be a few more points

But looking for an upmove to 2980/5, in next 90 mins or so OR may be by close of the session.

Njoy
You know, when it comes to trading crude, before I do calculations on the chart to figure out where it might be ending from CMP, I check on the net first the latest antics of the mediveal princes from the land of 1001 Arabian nights. Believe me, these guys are so duff that they don't know that their family fighting for the throne may eventully bring the prices to all time low of 1600. Rest of the world will be happy if that ever happened, but the next generation of these princes may end up on camel backs, metaphorically speaking. :D