5paisa.com switches their users to "Trader Terminal 2005"

pagenotfound said:
Jaideep,

It will be great if you can paste that mail right here, do us all a favour.

Thank you.
Right pnf, here it is.....

This was my mail to them.........

CASE :- 1742452

User ID: XXXXXXX

This is to inform you that I will not be trading regularly for the next two months as I will be travelling on business. If at all I trade, it may be very infrequently. Kindly therefore shift me to a suitable plan where I do not have to commit any monthly brokerage. I will pay brokerage as I trade & if I trade. Please also let me know details of the brokerage rates that I will have to pay in the changed plan.

Thank you,

Jaideep

Reply from [email protected]..........

Dear Sir,

With reference to your mail, please go through the below mentioned details of the products and let us know which product you would like to shift to.

The Online Terminals are Investor Terminal(NSE/BSE/F&O/Commodities), TT(soon to be phased out), TT5(NSE/BSE/F&O), and ODIN Diet(NSE/BSE(view only)/F&O/Commodities).

Clients can opt for an SLF(Software Licence Fee) scheme or Non- SLF scheme.

Below mentioned schemes are available incase you wish to opt for TT5/IT/TT with Software Licence fee (SLF):
Rs.1000 Monthly basis
Rs.3000 Quaterly basis
Rs.8000 Yearly basis.

The brokerage that is generated(depending on the scheme) would be credited to your account at the end of the expiry or once the amount is utilised whichever is first since the calculations would be done on daily basis.The total reversal will be maximum to the extent of the amount of SLF charged.

Kindly note the brokerage structure for the above mentioned schemes:

With SLF (Monthly/ Quarterly/ Yearly):

Trading brokerage- 0.05%
Min Per Share (MPS) - Trading - 5 paisa
Delivery Brokerage- 0.25%
Min Per Share (MPS) - Delivery - 5 Paisa
F&O - 0.05%

The MPS (trading) - for customers opting for quartely and yearly scheme will be 1 paisa (only for Intraday)

Without SLF.

Trading brokerage- 0.10%
MPS- Trading - 5 paisa
Delivery Brokerage- 0.50%
MPS- Delivery - 5 Paisa
F&O - 0.10%

Note that the service tax ,regulatory and STT will be charged separately.

The Regulatory charges -

NSE CASH - DELIVERY 0.014% on Turnover
NSE CASH - TRADING 0.006% on Turnover
NSE F&O 0.008% on Turnover
BSE CASH - DELIVERY 0.014% on Turnover
BSE CASH - TRADING 0.006% on Turnover

Therefore -
For SLF schemes:
Intra-day - 0.05% (Brokerage)+ 0.006% (Regulatory)
Delivery - 0.25% (Brokerage)+ 0.014% (Regulatory)
F&O - 0.06% (Brokerage)+ 0.008% (Regulatory)
MPS remains unchanged

For Non-SLF schemes:
Intra-day - 0.10% (Brokerage)+ 0.006% (Regulatory)
Delivery - 0.50% (Brokerage)+ 0.014% (Regulatory)
F&O - 0.10% (Brokerage)+ 0.008% (Regulatory)
MPS remains the same

STT -
Cash
Trading - 0.02 %, charged only on Sell
Delivery - 0.10 %, charged both on Buy and Sell

F & O - 0.0133 %, charged only on Sell.

Service Tax - 10.20%

Assuring you of the best of our services at all times. Please get back to us for any clarifications.

Warm Regards,

Kavita Choughule

Hope this info will be useful to all interested.

pagenotfound said:
Indiabulls,

Firstly sorry for the late reply. As per your post, I must say that your ID contradicts your loyalty! I'm made to believe that you would prefer any broker other than Indiabulls. Well, coming to some claims that you make about the latter, I'm new to Indiabulls and have done only a few trades so far, therefore I may be wrong and moreover I'm not "urging" anybody to switch to Indiabulls, theres nothing personal I have with 5paisa, Its just that I felt that others should be aware of how good the old TT was. I'm just crying away on this thread, so please bear with me OK ! Anyways, coming back to your reply. Could you please clarify SHARES NOT HAVING INDIABULLS" as I fail to find this option at all and the only thing I need to put into power indiabulls while going short is Sell price, Quantity, Select Intra-settlement and Stop price, thats it. Any other option selected means some advanced technique I'm not aware of, so kindly enlighten me on that please. The other thing you say is a "10 seconds delay !" Pal, sue your ISP, its probably your connection that is slow. Indiabulls is fastest only next to odin and TT5 is way behind in the league of order execution speed, if you still think TT5 is faster, please convince the other IndiaBulls users on this forum and this guy too: http://sitaram16.tripod.com/

Ok, you are right about EOD charting, IndiaBulls doesn't provide it on Power Indiabulls. Frankly, I wouldn't need it as I churn my portfolio by the day. I can't say, in which stocks I'll be trading the next day, Although it would be useful for some delivery based technical research. However, All the technical indicators Power Indiabulls provides can also be found for EOD with a years data I think, for every scrip on NSE at this site http://www.contentlinks.asiancerc.com/kotakstreet/TechnicalSelect.asp

As you've stated that every chart opens in a new window in Power Indiabulls. Frankly speaking it is really very inconvenient. Good point, Indiabulls. But on the brighter side i can mark support & resistance levels on each chart that I'm looking at and conveniently switch to the chart windows as and when required. But having every chart open in the same window and the software "remembering" all the markings and indicators for each scrip would enhance the trading experience. Indiabulls Team, if you ever come across this thread, please take note of some valuable customer feedback.

Also, top 5 bids & offers i.e. market depth needs a key press (F3) to open up. Having the chart and market depth open when the scrip is selected in the list would be very convenient.

News in TT5 is as good as the news in Aaj Tak, good for nothing! If you want market news during trading hours, have www.moneycontrol.com opened, u'll get all the news you want and more, but in TT5 that would be troublesome as it (TT5) occupies the whole screen hiding the windows taskbar, however, i found it helpful in power indiabulls as I can switch to other windows easily and the bandwidth isn't affected too!

TT5 doesn't charge for the software initially but they charge monthly commitment. Indiabulls charges initial Rs. 750 for software but no charge at all monthly and the brokerage they're offering me is 3 paise, which I'm more than happy with. Which do you prefer, now!

".... the software automatically works after mid night 12 am". Mr. Indiabulls please elaborate, I didn't get that part.

Why top 20 gainers & losers, you can have all scrips sorted by the percent change in the market watch window, just double-click the heading. Similarly double-click the Volume heading to find which are trading with large/least volumes.

Phew! I seriously feel you were right about "Little knowledge being dangerous..." Anyways, have a nice day.

Regards.

pagenotfound,

the link that you gave in the post ,other links by same guy.
http://geocities.com/sitaram555/
http://geocities.com/sitaram555/brokerage.htm
http://geocities.com/sitaram555/RM.htm

pagenotfound,I m yoo using IndiaBulls.I would like to know how to sort out scrips based on volume as well as price please tell.

Since I have recently opened the account with them so request you to tell me your exp abt their payouts.I was with 5paisa earlier and their payout was horrible atleast to me.I had to do lot maska palish :( give reasons to my RM why I am withdrawing funds.......u cant imagine how did I withdraw my 5lakhs rs with them feel like crying whenever I recollect it

jaideep said:
Hi! Usha,

Looks like you are all riled up. Don't waste your time on Indiabulls. Looks like he is having a tough time carrying that heavy burden of PG in Eng Litt. That's what this great forum does; brings people down to earth & cuts them down to size if the need arises. Anyway, it's really good for all of us in this forum that you posted this reply in anger or else we would have never known that you are a lawyer, that too a hot-shot law graduate at that. Congrats!! Am glad I am in the midst of wiz professionals.:)

Happy New Year & Happy Trading in 2006.

Jaideep,

A cool reply from a senior like you has really cooled me.
1. Thanks to you for that. (But dear friend I WAS a lawyer for a short period, but right now just taking good care of my little one)
2. Point noted sir, as to how to deal with HO directly(But doesn't the whole system of stock market runs mainly on mutual trust in the first place?!!)

Anyway, let this first post of mine on the NEW YEAR 2006 bring a lot of good luck to you and to all those who see this post :D :p

A very happy and meaningful New Year 2006
usha

Trader31339,

Thank you for those links, although I had tumbled upon them some time back. Indiabulls is no different from 5paisa when it comes to payouts. Like somebody said in an earlier post, Its like choosing between the devil and the deep sea. All these brokerage houses are the same, Its upto you to not let them get the better of you. Well, only ICICI Direct is different in these matters as your bank a/c is linked to your trading a/c so one has complete control over the funds. Ok, As per my experience A Pay-in or Fund Transfer happens just with a few mouse clicks but when it comes to getting your hard earned money out of 5paisa or Indiabulls, it takes much more than mouse clicks, 24 hrs and ofcourse a phone call in the case of Indiabulls.

Your episode of the pay-out with 5paisa made funny reading though, or atleast the way you've put it... "maska palish"... lol.. :)

I've made a market watch window in power indiabulls and added all the A category (Indiabulls A Category) stocks to it. During market hours I double click the "Volume" column to sort it in descending order. The stock on top of the grid would be the most voluming scrip. However, I was interested in getting the stock with the most traded value, but there is no column like that in PIB ver. 3.17 5paisa trader terminal does have it. Incase the volume column doesn't show in the market watch window, right-click any heading and select Insert Column. Check the volume column to have it added.

Hope I've answered your question.

Best Regards & happy new year 2006

Last edited:
So,pagenotfound , we can say that wherever we go the dog of hutch will follow:) whether it may be 5p or IB all are same when it ocmes to payout.

whats worst is that we dont have any option over them.ICICI doesnt provides live quotes.www.utisel.com do provide 3in 1 like icic but then if you are a frequent trader they also want a running account:((

anyways, I just came across this word,VPN, which means virtual private network, anybody trading through VPN? please provide your exp.Is it favourable over internet trading???? charges???

usha said:
Jaideep,

A cool reply from a senior like you has really cooled me.
1. Thanks to you for that. (But dear friend I WAS a lawyer for a short period, but right now just taking good care of my little one)
2. Point noted sir, as to how to deal with HO directly(But doesn't the whole system of stock market runs mainly on mutual trust in the first place?!!)

Anyway, let this first post of mine on the NEW YEAR 2006 bring a lot of good luck to you and to all those who see this post :D :p

A very happy and meaningful New Year 2006
usha
Thanks for your good wishes Usha. They are warmly reciprocated manifold to you & your family (your little one first). Take good care of your little one because that's what life is mostly about. I have a little one too right now tugging at my keyboard. She's all of 2 years old now & the light of our lives at the moment. Am talking about my grand-daughter.:)

Looks like the judicial fraternity's loss is the maternal fraternity's gain. As long as there is no pain anywhere all's well I suppose. Happy Parenting & bye-bye Advocating law, for now at least.

Regarding the markets running on mutual trust, I am very skeptical there Usha. Trust per se is an almost extinct commodity these days, be it in the markets or elsewhere. If it's mutual trust, it's only got to be between ME & ME. That too very warily.:cool:

Re: 5paisa.com login problems

Hi Everyone,
I have just opened an account with 5paisa.com and have not been able to use my investor terminal till now.Whenever i try n log-in it give me a error(attached word document) and have been trying to contact their customer care since 7 days and everytime they take my number but there is no reply from their technical deptt.....if anyone had faced the same problem pls suggest me a solution.

I belive it's related to Internet settings ,please suggest the IE version i shld use for this,currently am using IE VEr 6.0 service Pack 1...

If anyone can help me with the number or the person in mumbai office who can solve this issue,i will be grateful.

Thanks alot....

TT5 version 2.00.12 of 5paisa.com has certain drawbacks which needs to be
looked into:

The program does not provide "Save settings on exit" which means you have
to manually configure each window settings - i.e the message box, the
market watch window and the graphing box everytime you log in. Even if
you have created a new market watch window with some scips that is traded
regularly by you, this will not open when you log in. You have to go through
the whole process of selecting the user defined market watch window from
the menu each you log in. Even if you change the font size, it cannot be
saved, it will be valid only for that session. There is no provision to alter the
sequence of columns like Bid, offer, Qty etc except disable or enable them.
Strangely, the help file of the package says

quote "can arrange the positions of windows in desired form (vertical,
horizontal) by clicking on Tile Vertically and Tile Horizontally in Layout
menu. You can save these new settings, load these settings, return to the
default Window positions by clicking Save Window Position, Load Window
Positions, Load Default Window Positions respectively" unquote

but the Layout option in the Pull down menu only shows Tile and Default, but
no save option. There is no way to check actively traded shares for the day
say, NSE or top gainers or losers of the day. Can anyone furnish feedback of their experience in this matter? Because of above mentioned issue, it appears to me that ODIN is more convenient and user friendly than TT5 although ODIN trails behind in display of intra-day technical charts.