5paisa.com switches their users to "Trader Terminal 2005"

Indiabulls,

Firstly sorry for the late reply. As per your post, I must say that your ID contradicts your loyalty! I'm made to believe that you would prefer any broker other than Indiabulls. Well, coming to some claims that you make about the latter, I'm new to Indiabulls and have done only a few trades so far, therefore I may be wrong and moreover I'm not "urging" anybody to switch to Indiabulls, theres nothing personal I have with 5paisa, Its just that I felt that others should be aware of how good the old TT was. I'm just crying away on this thread, so please bear with me OK ! Anyways, coming back to your reply. Could you please clarify “SHARES NOT HAVING INDIABULLS" as I fail to find this option at all and the only thing I need to put into power indiabulls while going short is Sell price, Quantity, Select Intra-settlement and Stop price, thats it. Any other option selected means some advanced technique I'm not aware of, so kindly enlighten me on that please. The other thing you say is a "10 seconds delay !" Pal, sue your ISP, its probably your connection that is slow. Indiabulls is fastest only next to odin and TT5 is way behind in the league of order execution speed, if you still think TT5 is faster, please convince the other IndiaBulls users on this forum and this guy too: http://sitaram16.tripod.com/

Ok, you are right about EOD charting, IndiaBulls doesn't provide it on Power Indiabulls. Frankly, I wouldn't need it as I churn my portfolio by the day. I can't say, in which stocks I'll be trading the next day, Although it would be useful for some delivery based technical research. However, All the technical indicators Power Indiabulls provides can also be found for EOD with a years data I think, for every scrip on NSE at this site http://www.contentlinks.asiancerc.com/kotakstreet/TechnicalSelect.asp

As you've stated that every chart opens in a new window in Power Indiabulls. Frankly speaking it is really very inconvenient. Good point, Indiabulls. But on the brighter side i can mark support & resistance levels on each chart that I'm looking at and conveniently switch to the chart windows as and when required. But having every chart open in the same window and the software "remembering" all the markings and indicators for each scrip would enhance the trading experience. Indiabulls Team, if you ever come across this thread, please take note of some valuable customer feedback.

Also, top 5 bids & offers i.e. market depth needs a key press (F3) to open up. Having the chart and market depth open when the scrip is selected in the list would be very convenient.

News in TT5 is as good as the news in Aaj Tak, good for nothing! If you want market news during trading hours, have www.moneycontrol.com opened, u'll get all the news you want and more, but in TT5 that would be troublesome as it (TT5) occupies the whole screen hiding the windows taskbar, however, i found it helpful in power indiabulls as I can switch to other windows easily and the bandwidth isn't affected too!

TT5 doesn't charge for the software initially but they charge monthly commitment. Indiabulls charges initial Rs. 750 for software but no charge at all monthly and the brokerage they're offering me is 3 paise, which I'm more than happy with. Which do you prefer, now!

".... the software automatically works after mid night 12 am". Mr. Indiabulls please elaborate, I didn't get that part.

Why top 20 gainers & losers, you can have all scrips sorted by the percent change in the market watch window, just double-click the heading. Similarly double-click the Volume heading to find which are trading with large/least volumes.

Phew! I seriously feel you were right about "Little knowledge being dangerous..." Anyways, have a nice day.

Regards.

Last edited:
pagenotfound said:
From the close of the market on 30th Nov 2005, 5paisa.com moved all their users from the existing Trader Terminal "TT" (an awesome trading tool) to a supposedly upgraded version called "Trader Terminal 2005" or "TT5". If we compare the two, TT5 has only a subset of features of TT. Here are some things I miss in TT5:.....

Does any broker in India care for quality ??

Comments Please !
Hi! pnf,

Looks like they care after all, I mean 5paisa. Got a mail from them today as below. Looks like your shout has been heard by them after all. Hope this makes you happy once again. Happy trading friend.

"Dear 5paisa customer,

A number of customers who trade only on NSE, have given us feedback that they would prefer old Trader Terminal. The old Trader Terminal does not have BSE trading facility but is preferred platform by most customers for its features, stability and performance.

We are glad to inform you that you can choose either of the Trading Platforms, Trader Terminal (TT) or Trader Terminal 2005 (TT5). However for risk management reasons, we can not allow both the terminals.

If you predominantly trade only in National Stock Exchange, NSE, we recommend you shift to Old Trader Terminal (TT).

For express and hassle free change,

1. Login to http://www.5paisa.com/download/login.asp with your user id. Download the software (if you already do not have it) from there.

2. Send a mail at [email protected] informing your decision to change the Trading platform. Send a mail at the same email id if you need any clarification.

3. Logon to the Trader Terminal (TT) using your existing Trader Terminal 2005 (TT5) id LoginID, Password and PIN and start trading.

Warm Regards

Manjiri Sathe

Head Customer Service

5paisa.com"

Rockin News Jaideep :)

But I'm happy & Sad at the same time cuz I've taken the leap, started liking power indiabulls, particularly the order execution speed.

I had received the mail from 5paisa.com, it was lying in my mailbox. I just checked it a while ago. I'm not certain though whether it was my cry that was heard but I'm sure that it contibuted to the woes exclaimed by many other old TT users and collectively brought it to notice.

This post, however has achieved its purpose and I can thankfully say to traderji.com, that you provided the opportunity.

Thanks to All !

pagenotfound said:
Rockin News Jaideep :).....

This post, however has achieved its purpose and I can thankfully say to traderji.com, that you provided the opportunity.

Thanks to All !
Methinks the same pnf. Traderji.com must have done the trick 'coz I'm pretty sure that these on-line brokerage/trading houses keep a hawk's eye on the Net & what's going to hit them.:)

About you going to Ind Bulls now, what do I say pnf? Perhaps this.... "One man's meat is another man's poison". Don't take it to hard pnf 'coz all the on-line brokerage/trading houses are scoundrels in their own right, one way or another. They don't satisfy all their clients all the time, perhaps they really can't.:cool:

Happy trading friend & a Merry Xmas to you.

vince

Jaideep is right about the meat and poison stuff. Its a choice between the devil and the deep sea, Take your pick of a broker and stick around. If you dont let them push you around they wont especially once they realise you know what you are doing.

indiabulls said:
[HELLO ALL MEMBERS OF FORUM A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL OF MY SINCEAR FRIENDS
As my dear friend has told us that TT5 software is not good and we should switch to INDIABULLS I would like to tell all of u that I am using all three software TT5, POWER INDIABULLS, AND ODIN DIET as per my knowledge tt is the best software I have seen I tell u the facts that others do not know.

INDIABULLS is the software which is most inconvenient software there is no fast order entry in it while selling short it needs to be filled first SHARES NOT HAVING INDIABULLS then u may proceed as soon as u enter the order it takes some times to execute it is 6-10 seconds late in comparison of odin diet and tt5 u have to search orders by pressing search which takes a lot of time and if some one trades in reliance capital and titan he can understand what is the importance of 10 seconds delay while executing orders
Some times after entering order when u search it does not show pending and indiabulls does not provide end of the day stock charting feature which is available in TT5
Indiabulls provides end of the day charting on its site through meta stock which is version 2.5 how old it is u can see bonus and stock spilts are not adjusted and its size is not more than postcard and its another charting software end of the day on site is passport photo size in which one cannot see one month data too .if u arrange charts in power indiabulls opens each charts in new window that takes time there is no one click zoom facility for charts and for last five best bids are not available on one click.

Indiabulls does not provide any kind of news free of cost it takes 500 per month for the news that are free on other software like odin and tt5 and all other softwares if there is any bad news in the market the indiabulls investors will be the biggest looser because he will not come to know about the bad news without paying 500 per month .
This is not enough more is this that there is no one click square off position facility
In power indiabulls which is most important at the time of bad news attacks and political events in the market
There is no facility of changing colour in background no customized sysytem can be applied which is necessary for all. When ever other softwares have this facility.

It provides metastock for intraday charting which is out dated version 2.5 and the latest versipon is 9 so u can imagine what we get in indiabulls . it charges 750 for software whether others do not charge for software like tt5 and diet of fortis securities
Power indiabulls does not show top gainers top loosers market volumes in f&o bse and nse and ad ratio which is most important part of intra day trading. It does not provide bse online . though tt5 and diet has such facility. in one single window.
Tt5 provides full screen chart in intra day.tt5 provides circular free for its clients and daily market strategy free which costs more than 5000 to others who are not their clients
Indiabulls also provides fundamental analysis called equity analysis at the cost of 1000 per year specially for the clients but amazing and really disastrous that there is no updates of companies in reports they have an automated software that shows todays date on all old reports and it seems that the report has been prepared today if u see an company for example bhel @ 9 am in the morning u see the report in todays date if u open @ night after 12 am or @ 12.05 am u will find that thae have prepared reports @ 12 am specially for the clients it means the software automatically works after mid night 12 am
HAI NA GAJAB KA MAZAK CLIENTS KE SAATH WHO BHI INDIABULLS KE CLIENTS KUDH KE CLIENTS KO TO MAAF KAR DENA CHAHEEYE HAI KI NAHI ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
there is only show in powerindiabulls no reality thats why it is having a lot of retail investors but not the market percentage in online trading other firms like 5 paisa and sharekhan has only 10 percent of total online investors and market shaes of 20% each it means both control 40 % of online market with 10% intelligent and serious, technically sound investors .whether the firms like indiabulls even having a lot more client than other big firms does not have big percent. Because only retail investor which generally has no perfect knowledge of market like to join the firms like indiabulls if we really technically and fundamentally sound we need right charting full screen charting end of the day charting top gainers and looser top 20 traded shares of the day and abnormal volume news we can not get all in indiabulls only tt5 can provide this all features.
So guys have the perfect knowledge of the market because little knowledge is much more dangerious thing.

Thanks and regards
indiabulls[/SIZE][/SIZE]
ODIT DIET is best from order entry point of view.But then hardly few brokers provide it for retail traders.If someone can provide the details of various brokers providing it , will be helpful.

Thank you Jaideep & Vince for the sound advice. As of now, I'm ok with Indiabulls. Their charges are pretty transparent, i.e. no hidden costs (see next para). So is 5paisa.com, no hidden charges there too, but the latter turned out to be a little expensive. The intra-day contract notes generated by both brokers are very clear about their charges. However, 5paisa's Trader Terminal, would be much slower and at times disconnect or have some problems with their servers. Two weeks now with Indiabulls and no interruption at all apart for the time that the entire NSE was down some days back.

Indiabulls Charges (Intra-day):
1) Brokerage: As agreed upon with the relationship manager. In my case 0.03% (1 Leg of trade).
2) Service Tax: 0.0102% on Total Traded Value.
3) Transaction Tax: 0.018% on Total Traded Value.
4) Turnover Tax: 0.01% on Total Traded Value.
5) Stamp Duty: 0.0022% on Total Traded Value.

Jaideep, I agree with you. A forum like this is a boon to us. These trading houses should keep an eye on it for feedback, if they want to stay competitive that is, moreover letting the trader decide who the beguilers are.

trader31339, Odin diet is provided by 5paisa.com but not by itself, u have to use either of these TT, TT5 or the web trading and then you can ask them for Odin, which is complementary then.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and happy winter trading !!

Last edited:
butta_trader,

I'd recommend Trader Terminal (TT), because the tools it provides are very useful for day trading. Once you are a TT user, u can ask your relationship manager for ODIN DIET. No extra charges for that.

Wish You A Merry Christmas !