Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. glad to know that my calculation is correct :)

However , I dont understand what is Leverage here ? I see it does not have any role in calculation part. How it can benefit me?

Scrip :ABAN:EQ
Margin Percentage: 21.15
Leverage: 5

Zerodha, can you please explain how I can be benefited with Leverage: 5 ? I dont understand this part.
Margin Percentage and Leverage are same thing for a scrip.

5 times leverage means that for every rupee you have in your trading account you can buy stock worth 5 rupees.

20 % margin percentage means that you need to have only 20 rupees in your account for every 100 rs stock you want to purchase.

megapixel

Margin Percentage and Leverage are same thing for a scrip.
5 times leverage means that for every rupee you have in your trading account you can buy stock worth 5 rupees.

20 % margin percentage means that you need to have only 20 rupees in your account for every 100 rs stock you want to purchase.
Ok. Thanks. That was very much helpful.

What happens if I order more than the leverage in NOW ?

For example, say I have 2500 Rs in my trading account at present. I wish to purchase ABAN shares. By the power of Zerodha's ABAN scrip leverage this money virtually grows to 2500 x 5 = 12,500 Rs.

So I can now purchase 12,500 / 351.35 = 35.57 = 35 shares approx. ....right ?

(assume 351.35 is the current market price of ABAN)

now suppose accidentally Instead of putting quantity of share = 35 in the BUY window of NOW.exe , I put quantity of share = 95 ...what happens ?

Will this order be executed OR NOW.exe will reject order automatically instantly because it crossed leverage upper cut off ?

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks. That was very much helpful.

What happens if I order more than the leverage in NOW ?

For example, say I have 2500 Rs in my trading account at present. I wish to purchase ABAN shares. By the power of Zerodha's ABAN scrip leverage this money virtually grows to 2500 x 5 = 12,500 Rs.

So I can now purchase 12,500 / 351.35 = 35.57 = 35 shares approx. ....right ?

(assume 351.35 is the current market price of ABAN)

now suppose accidentally Instead of putting quantity of share = 35 in the BUY window of NOW.exe , I put quantity of share = 95 ...what happens ?

Will this order be executed OR NOW.exe will reject order automatically instantly because it crossed leverage upper cut off ?
It will be rejected automatically.

If you login to the bo, you can see a dashboard called portfolio summary.....

Small issue with this summary, should be fixed in the next few hours...
I'm delighted to see online the details of the shares that has been pledged as margin with you. Until now, i have troubled you to send the above details through email for record keeping purpose. You guys never once complained about it. Thank you.

Thank you Zerodha for the efforts taken to improve the backoffice. I'm looking forward to see a fully functional Dashboard.

I'm delighted to see online the details of the shares that has been pledged as margin with you. Until now, i have troubled you to send the above details through email for record keeping purpose. You guys never once complained about it. Thank you.

Thank you Zerodha for the efforts taken to improve the backoffice. I'm looking forward to see a fully functional Dashboard.
Sorry Zerodha did not visit the forum laltely but since when have you started providing margin against stocks

Are you providing margin like a regular broker or are you still asking for 30 % money as cash as told to me

If you have started it its gr8 news :clapping:,if not no worries i had already given up opening an account with you guys

Zerodha

This is being postponed by you indefinitely.. We are postponing trading in commodities to avoid the bother of having two separate accounts..
We are bothered about it more than anyone else, lesser trading means lesser business for us... :) .. As I said, NSE approvals are pending, they just seem to take forever for small issues... As I said, we are hoping it will be up latest by this month end...

Zerodha

Sorry Zerodha did not visit the forum laltely but since when have you started providing margin against stocks

Are you providing margin like a regular broker or are you still asking for 30 % money as cash as told to me

If you have started it its gr8 news :clapping:,if not no worries i had already given up opening an account with you guys
We are on the verge of giving margin against collateral, this would be available as soon as we me move to the new platform... 30% cash,hmmm We haven't yet finalized on the workings, will keep you posted..

Status
Not open for further replies.