Status
Not open for further replies.

megapixel

Originally Posted by megapixel
I want to do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN.

I want to take advantage of Zerodha's margin policy. Zerodha has a margin policy for ABAN as follow :

Scrip :ABAN:EQ
Margin Percentage: 21.15
Leverage: 5

current market price for ABAN is Rs 351.35

How much MINIMUM amount I need to deposit in my trading a/c so that I can do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN ?

Rs 710 ? How did you come up to this figure? Can you please post the calculation part ?

as per my calculation I get this .. (10 x 351.35) x 21.15% = (10 x 351.35)x21.15 / 100 = 743.10
my applied formula = (number of share x current market price of share ) x Margin percentage

What was your formula ? How did you get Rs 710 ?

Last edited:
Hi Zerodha,

I can see cover order option in Zerodha Trader but it is not active. How do we place a cover order?

Is it purposely disabled? If yes, when do you plan to activate this feature?

Zerodha

Rs 710 ? How did you come up to this figure? Can you please post the calculation part ?

as per my calculation I get this .. (10 x 351.35) x 21.15% = (10 x 351.35)x21.15 / 100 = 743.10
my applied formula = (number of share x current market price of share ) x Margin percentage

What you have mentioned is correct...

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I can see cover order option in Zerodha Trader but it is not active. How do we place a cover order?

Is it purposely disabled? If yes, when do you plan to activate this feature?
It will be enabled once we have equity on Zerodha Trader as well.. Should be in a few weeks from now...

megapixel

Originally Posted by megapixel

What you have mentioned is correct...
Thanks. glad to know that my calculation is correct :)

However , I dont understand what is Leverage here ? I see it does not have any role in calculation part. How it can benefit me?

Scrip :ABAN:EQ
Margin Percentage: 21.15
Leverage: 5

Zerodha, can you please explain how I can be benefited with Leverage: 5 ? I dont understand this part.

mrkanitkar

If you are using NEST Pulse, you will have option of running own scripts for semi automated trades. The reason I mean semi is it gives pop up with button "Act on alert" or "Ignore". One need to click on "Act on alert" NEST Pulse is here. https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/
We all install NEST PLUS in NOW and Zerodha Trader.
NEST Pulse is small feature which allows automated trades. You don't need to install anything to use NEST Pulse. You need to subscribe for service to enable feature. It costs 125/- per month. It's product of Omnesys (same company who makes NOW and NEST/ Zerodha trader).

Now coming to automated TL, In NEST script, you have
1. Your Buy alert expression
2. Your Buy exit alert expression
3. Your Sell /Short alert expression
4. Your Sell/ Short exit alert expression

Now you can write own scripts and define TF as well.
I have written
-------
REF(CLOSE,1) - Close >10
-----------
This script continuously checks if close price of last bar is greater than closing price of current bar by 10. This means if prices are coming down by 10 points in one 1 bar, I will auto exit.
Now take an example,
Today morning I was long on Nifty on gapup.
My TL script found at 10:55, 4902, the condition matched. (In my case my TL was around 5 points). It given a pop up and I just clicked on "Act on alert". My profit got booked. I also put other OR conditions for safe exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.