Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

40% of the stipulated margin is for intra-day trading. Since the trades are
squared off by 03:30 pm, margins need not be maintained overnight.

In carry-over positions, the normal margins as stipulated by the exchange will
anyway apply.
As Murthy said, doesn't really effect the way we do our business... Would not effect our clients or us, as we anyways adhere to the rule...

We sent the message as NSE wanted us to let all our clients know about the rule, I suppose you would have gotten the same from all your existing brokers!!!...

At what time postions are squared off for both equities and futures if we used leverages (ie for intraday trades) and 40% of margin for futures . I mean at what exact time positions should be squared off ?? Are the zerodha guys do if clients didnt do till markets closes ??

During my position holding time due to MTM my account come to margin short. In the mean time i am holding 1lakh worth of A group share in my Cash holding. Due to this cash holding my position will be safe from short fall of margin or Cash holding will not consider ?
Please clarify...

Regards,
Saravanan

Hii..

I have downloaded the application form,
I will only trade in FnO segments (Intraday & positional) & no equity so I need to open an trading account for which i have to send two cheques 1. Cancelled cheque & other for Rs.200/-(as i have downloaded the application form). I have account with SBI.
Please correct me if Iam wrong.

Zerodha

Hii..

I have downloaded the application form,
I will only trade in FnO segments (Intraday & positional) & no equity so I need to open an trading account for which i have to send two cheques 1. Cancelled cheque & other for Rs.200/-(as i have downloaded the application form). I have account with SBI.
Please correct me if Iam wrong.
Santosh you are correct!!

Zerodha

At what time postions are squared off for both equities and futures if we used leverages (ie for intraday trades) and 40% of margin for futures . I mean at what exact time positions should be squared off ?? Are the zerodha guys do if clients didnt do till markets closes ??
@praddy, by 3.10pm, yes we will square it off , if you don't do it!!!

Zerodha

During my position holding time due to MTM my account come to margin short. In the mean time i am holding 1lakh worth of A group share in my Cash holding. Due to this cash holding my position will be safe from short fall of margin or Cash holding will not consider ?
Please clarify...

Regards,
Saravanan
Hi Saravanan,

Today we consider your stock holding only for your intraday trades and nothing else...

For intraday, we will consider but not for overnight positions!!!

Is the NSE mobile app working well for android users now?. Its not working for me since i upgraded my firmware from froyo to gingerbread. Force closes every time, tried unistalling and installing. Not working, it was the only medium for me to trade in office.

Zerodha

Congrats ZERODHA for recognisation and featuring on Economic times .

But last in article says "In the past, some leading retail brokers had launched versions of online discount broking, but had to wind up as the business was not viable because of higher overhead costs, including real estate, research and staff. "

Is ut happening to u guys?? I mean r u in profiting business or in losses expecting huge turnovers in future and there by making profits in future. In which state u r in presently ???

Status
Not open for further replies.