Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrates..ZERODHA

"Zerodha clock an average daily turnover of Rs 1,000 crore within a year of its launch" Thats Great !!!

Now once again we are waiting for reduce in NSE Chrges (Regulatory charges), Zerodha promise that turnover increase and charges will reduce...so now time comes.. Please reduce in Option Rs 8000 to 6000 per Crore and In Future Rs 540 to 350 Thanks in Advance...
I second that :)

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you and this forum. First milestone for us, we are featured on economic times today, page 11 in the physical paper and page 9 on the epaper.

Link for the same: http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RVRLTS8yMDExLzA5LzA1I0FyMDA3MDA=

Looking forward to keep all of you happy and hopefully keep surprising you with great offers!!!

Cheers and thanks to everyone!!!
Hi Zerodha,

Read abt u guys in ET. Mighty impressed....to an extent that I am writing this post at 1 am :lol: Needless to say, I have downloaded the form and will be sending it across soo. Want to open a trading account only. Couple (+2) of clarifications needed:-
1) Have downloaded the form. Do I need to send a cheque of 600 or 200 ? Read some posts above that it's 200 and the form says its 600.. :confused:
2) Also, I read somewhere that we can trade FnO for 40% margin on intraday basis. Eg. Nifty Lot for 11,000 bucks. Lets say, I have 60,000 in my account...Means I can trade with 5 lots to begin with and 4 will get squared off automatically arnd 3:30 (Assuming 32,000 as overnight margin...or whatever it's called). Plz correct me if I am wrong.
3)Lets say, I trade X (a STOCK Future) which has specification margin of 50,000. As per above 40% criteria, it means I can trade 2 Lots till 3:10 pm. please confirm. Also, can I get a list of Stocks with respective Overnight margins and Intraday margins(40% et al.) on Zerodha
4) HOW fast can I get my account activated. (I am gonna send the docs tomorrow)

Cheers
LastLap

Zerodha,

The article in ET also says something about margin funding. What you have to say on that? And can we expect to trade with you in BSE in future? Any such plan? I sorely miss some very promising BSE stocks which unfortunately are not listed on NSE.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Praddy, the only guys who tried to launch something similar, actually not similar.. ;) was reliance money, you had to pay 3000 upfront for every 6cr and still pay 15Rs, so definitely not similar...

These people decided to work at lower margins, but they went ahead setup 200 branches, hired 1000 people and so on!!! A low cost business can't be run like that!!!

We are a profitable business and are looking at different ways to keep you surprising!!! :)...
You responded to this very quickly and accurately to the point :thumb:.

Zerodha

Zerodha,

The article in ET also says something about margin funding. What you have to say on that? And can we expect to trade with you in BSE in future? Any such plan? I sorely miss some very promising BSE stocks which unfortunately are not listed on NSE.

Thanks
Hi Punter,

By margin funding they meant margin funding on stocks...If you have 1 lk, you can buy stocks for 3 lks and keep it for as long as you want... You are charged an interest rate for the same...

What the newspaper didn't say was, today we do it, but we do it through ILFS. We don't like doing this inhouse. The reason being, this is where brokers take the biggest risk. When mid cap stocks fall, this part of the business creates havoc for the brokers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.