Volume Spread Analysis

bunny

There are people who are genuinely interested in learning the concepts, and then there are people who are merely looking AFL and back-testing. Some of the latter kind of people are simply looking for a "system" that gives buy and sell signals. People looking to understand and bet on VSA are very few.

I trade using only VSA. No fundamental, no news, no moving averages, nothing at all. I have started to be profitable only in the recent times. I first made an attempt to learn VSA in 2009 but lost badly. After a gap of almost 3 years, I started again in the month of May. Initially won some, but eventually lost. Then I started studying VSA concepts again, and this time from a different book named "Trading in the shadow of smart money" by Gavin Holmes of Tradeguider(founded by Tom Williams, the master himself). This is a wonderful book, far better than Tom's first book(The undelclared secrets that drive the stock markets). In this book, Gavin Holmes has nicely illustrated the various circumstances in which trades are setting up.

If you want to "discuss" any chart on basis of VSa concepts, I am always there. (but desperate people who are looking for mere advice on what to buy/sell will not be entertained)

And to not allow the news affect my trading, I am trading in something which is hardly reported or talked in the media!

The interest in VSA seems to be lower probably because it is not as easy as it seems to promise. It requires lot of patience and control over your emotions. Further, since there are few takers for this system, there is no "ecosystem" in which beginners can learn and grow. You have to do it all by yourself here!

Even though there is a central place called VSA club managed by Tradeguider, the fees are simply too expensive to encourage beginners.

Last edited:

Tlahuicole

Hi Bunny, I was totally not aware about VSA, thanks for throwing light on some overlooked concept that can improve trading performance in a better way. :clap:

bunny

Hi Bunny, I was totally not aware about VSA, thanks for throwing light on some overlooked concept that can improve trading performance in a better way. :clap:
VSA can work wonders, but the learning curve is too steep. It has costed me lot of time and money to come here. And even today, I cannot tell whether my recent winning trades(big winners) were because of my improved skill or luck. So do not be excited just because I said so.

maneverfix

There are people who are genuinely interested in learning the concepts, and then there are people who are merely looking AFL and back-testing. Some of the latter kind of people are simply looking for a "system" that gives buy and sell signals. People looking to understand and bet on VSA are very few.

I trade using only VSA. No fundamental, no news, no moving averages, nothing at all. I have started to be profitable only in the recent times. I first made an attempt to learn VSA in 2009 but lost badly. After a gap of almost 3 years, I started again in the month of May. Initially won some, but eventually lost. Then I started studying VSA concepts again, and this time from a different book named "Trading in the shadow of smart money" by Gavin Holmes of Tradeguider(founded by Tom Williams, the master himself). This is a wonderful book, far better than Tom's first book(The undelclared secrets that drive the stock markets). In this book, Gavin Holmes has nicely illustrated the various circumstances in which trades are setting up.

If you want to "discuss" any chart on basis of VSa concepts, I am always there. (but desperate people who are looking for mere advice on what to buy/sell will not be entertained)

And to not allow the news affect my trading, I am trading in something which is hardly reported or talked in the media!

The interest in VSA seems to be lower probably because it is not as easy as it seems to promise. It requires lot of patience and control over your emotions. Further, since there are few takers for this system, there is no "ecosystem" in which beginners can learn and grow. You have to do it all by yourself here!

Even though there is a central place called VSA club managed by Tradeguider, the fees are simply too expensive to encourage beginners.
Hi, thanks for post, do you have pdf of "Trading in the shadow of smart money", please post link.

maneverfix

Friends

I have covered the basic elements in Volume Spread Analysis.

When I started the thread I was hoping for an active discussion which would eventually lead to a better understanding of Volume spread Analysis. But then the thread turned out to be a disappointing monologue.

There could be many reasons for this. VSA as a concept has not caught the imagination among our members. Or is it that most of our members have not crossed the Indicator stage. Or is it that the concept is a bit far fetched for our members.

On the positive side this thread did attract many from different parts of the world. Since this was a restricted thread they could not post and many conveyed their views by PMs and I did learn a few things from them.

Then the time has come to wrap up this long monologue. I do hope this did help at least a few of our members..

Warm regards

Karthik
Sir,

it was an unbeaten path on which you decided to travel, hence not may companions, but I am highly grateful for your detailed posts.:rofl:

bunny

So, how is it going guys? Still pursuing VSA? The current phase of Indian stock markets is a nice demonstration of VSA principles playing out nicely in live.

Mr.G

So, how is it going guys? Still pursuing VSA? The current phase of Indian stock markets is a nice demonstration of VSA principles playing out nicely in live.
VSA was part of my general studies about the market. I read the book it seemed more like a commercial for tradeguider than actual VSA. It really put me off so I didnt pick it up again. Otherwise there are not much info on VSA anywhere on the net.