Volume Spread Analysis

badarivt

From 500+ levels in June to August, TataSteel has tumbled to 200 on 25 Aug, 2015. The descent shows a classic successive lower top lower bottom formation till the end of March, 2015. Also, the volume has been consistently increasing on each dip. After reaching a low of 311 on 27 March, 2015, the prices broke out of 350 level with a considerable volume. But the uptrend did not sustain and went below 350 to touch 200 on 24 and 25 Aug, 2015. The volume since 12 Aug has often been twice the 20 day average volume (14 million vs average of 7 million). It appears that accumulation has once again started. Observing the monthly charts, August candle is a squat candle where the prices did not close near the bottom and volume is very heavy. This gives an indication that the selling trend could pause. Need to observe trends in other sectors / stocks. Positive comments appreciated

Last edited:

badarivt

Algorithmic trading has ensured that 'traditional' VSA signals are few and far in-between. Yet, no programming can erase the imprints of huge volume. Interpreting price in the region of unusually high volume is one of the easiest and most consistent method of trading for small players

Hi guys,

a few years ago I tried to apprend the VSA theory (almost the most basic concepts) but then I gave up. Most recently I've been trading using cycle analysis (as mr Hurst teached... my reference books are his "The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing" and mr.Migliorino "Cicli di borsa" the latter is by an italian retired engineer, I doubt a translated edition exists yet if you understand Italian I recommend its reading) and now I'm wondering if VSA analysis could be matched to cycle analysis successfully.

Please advice.

gabibbo

bunny

All those people who are trying to master VSA, here is my honest opinion about VSA. I have been trying to learn VSA for the last 10 years or so. I have not traded in markets everyday during these 10 years, but have been a consistent observer.

VSA, as presented by Tom Williams and his successors is very much outdated. There are times when VSA seems to works like magic, and there are times where it is a grisly failure.

However, the experience and insights shared by Tom William's is of real great value if you are a person who is creative enough to apply his own experience and knowledge to devise your own trading system. A person who wants to develop a solid understanding of how prices move should read Tom William's book one thousands times. It's a small book for less than 200 pages, available in PDF format freely on the internet, but it gives you knowledge that no other person can give. All others who claim to "tell you secrets" are merely telling you a few phony tactics of market manipulators, nothing more than that. Only Tom Williams tells you the real things.

Those to come to VSA to seek black-and-white signals such as "BUY" or "SELL" shall certainly be disappointed.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

All those people who are trying to master VSA, here is my honest opinion about VSA. I have been trying to learn VSA for the last 10 years or so. I have not traded in markets everyday during these 10 years, but have been a consistent observer.

VSA, as presented by Tom Williams and his successors is very much outdated. There are times when VSA seems to works like magic, and there are times where it is a grisly failure.

However, the experience and insights shared by Tom William's is of real great value if you are a person who is creative enough to apply his own experience and knowledge to devise your own trading system. A person who wants to develop a solid understanding of how prices move should read Tom William's book one thousands times. It's a small book for less than 200 pages, available in PDF format freely on the internet, but it gives you knowledge that no other person can give. All others who claim to "tell you secrets" are merely telling you a few phony tactics of market manipulators, nothing more than that. Only Tom Williams tells you the real things.

Those to come to VSA to seek black-and-white signals such as "BUY" or "SELL" shall certainly be disappointed.
Not just VSA, even most of the popular TA method's and chart patterns are outdated.

Hi Bunny,

I tried searching "Master the markets" by Tom Williams that you recommended but it was failed attempt.
Do you mind sharing the book with me? I can provide my email id in that case.

Thanks.
VD

badarivt

Hi Bunny,

I tried searching "Master the markets" by Tom Williams that you recommended but it was failed attempt.
Do you mind sharing the book with me? I can provide my email id in that case.

Thanks.
VD
The first search result using firefox is the PDF. Site is tradeguider dot com

primitivetrader

vsa at it core is a basic chart reading skill using 2 simple tools price and volume. as long as charts are there, vsa (or call it any other thing) can never be outdated. its the primary language of the market.

i am a full time trader and vsa is what i have been using for 6-7 years. it took me 2 years to master it.

its extremely difficult to learn as when we approach it we already have polluted mind with various methods and try to make kichdi with vsa. second mistake ppl make on the road to learning vsa they deviate and start learning wyckoff as vsa came out of wyckoff. but its different from wyckoff as vsa primary focus only on one law of wyckoff. there is no need to learn wyckoff to master vsa. this is the biggest mistake ppl make.

i am firm believer of paid education and paying for vsa courses is the best investment i have made in my trading career.

everybody is different use what suits your personality. be it vsa or ema crossover or elliott wave or any other thing. just because it does not work for you does not mean its out dated.

regds,

mohan.sic

vsa at it core is a basic chart reading skill using 2 simple tools price and volume. as long as charts are there, vsa (or call it any other thing) can never be outdated. its the primary language of the market.

i am a full time trader and vsa is what i have been using for 6-7 years. it took me 2 years to master it.

its extremely difficult to learn as when we approach it we already have polluted mind with various methods and try to make kichdi with vsa. second mistake ppl make on the road to learning vsa they deviate and start learning wyckoff as vsa came out of wyckoff. but its different from wyckoff as vsa primary focus only on one law of wyckoff. there is no need to learn wyckoff to master vsa. this is the biggest mistake ppl make.

i am firm believer of paid education and paying for vsa courses is the best investment i have made in my trading career.

everybody is different use what suits your personality. be it vsa or ema crossover or elliott wave or any other thing. just because it does not work for you does not mean its out dated.

regds,
since you are using vsa for 6-7 years and having mastered it, requesting your help on understanding how to use vsa for trading.
I can understand the problem that its more subjective in nature and not so easy to explain. You can share some examples of your experience on how you actually took trade decisions based on v&sa study. Please give your opinion on What time frame trading is more flexible and suitable with v&s analysis.