Thomas DeMark Sequential System

sanjosedesi

still struggling to find 5th CD bar...
Still struggling?

I do not want to spend too much time on this, but shall we do one thing ...

I think following just one scrip is good, but when you are looking for demark signals, it is bad since the signals are so rare. I do not have my countdown tracking organized and I would rather spend time there rather than publishing and discussing ... same might be the situation for others. But we can definitely publish the SETUP for scrips we follow as and when the setup is complete. Beyond that if others want to manually follow these - they have a starting point.

What say you (and others)?

murthyavr

Still struggling?

I think following just one scrip is good, but when you are looking for demark signals, it is bad since the signals are so rare. I do not have my countdown tracking organized and I would rather spend time there rather than publishing and discussing ... same might be the situation for others. But we can definitely publish the SETUP for scrips we follow as and when the setup is complete. Beyond that if others want to manually follow these - they have a starting point.

You have a point there.

But following one scrip or few scrips may not be very encouraging, as you are
also aware that the signals are rarely obtained.

To avoid such monotony, I automated the whole process in Excel for obtaining
TD Combo signals based on candles on daily TF, and used to post in some
other fourm. Unfortunately, during that period, very insignificant stocks surfaced
and members around did not show much interest in my labour.. :)

Eventually, I lost that application in one of those PC crashes.. :(

The whole point is - all good scrips need to be watched. If some of you can
join together, you can share the scrips among yourselves and share the results.

Still struggling?

i am definitely in... :thumb:

sanjosedesi

Just FYI - I commented out the following lines to improve the color scheme. Tried to parameterize it but it was giving null TDST values so I did not fully finish it.

//if(StrToNum(NumToStr(BuySignal)))
//bgColor = ColorRGB(0,66, 2);
//else
//bgColor = ColorRGB(66,2, 0);
//SetChartBkGradientFill( colorBlack, bgColor);

I do not see the line 5 above in the AFL on previous page, but otherwise I have the same code, weird!

sanjosedesi

Nov 21, 2012 - TD Setup Completion

Bharti Airtel - Sell Setup Complete
ICICI Bank - Buy Setup Complete
L&T - Buy Setup Complete

ICICI chart looks weird due to the bounce back (no time to analyze today), although other 2 seem to be ok.
[Best tradable seems to be Airtel (short) since the setup failed to breach the TDST Resistance - in case we want to trade without a count down.]

Nov 21, 2012 - TD Setup Completion

Bharti Airtel - Sell Setup Complete
ICICI Bank - Buy Setup Complete
L&T - Buy Setup Complete

ICICI chart looks weird due to the bounce back (no time to analyze today), although other 2 seem to be ok.
[Best tradable seems to be Airtel (short) since the setup failed to breach the TDST Resistance - in case we want to trade without a count down.]
please also mention the TF used...

thanks for the start

updates on BATA india... no further developments...

sanjosedesi

Missed - Hero Motors (daily) also completed a buy setup yesterday.

I believe in trading setups also. Have not tried it for long, but out of 10 odd trades over the past month, 8 have been successful. I picked it from another site, don't want to link, (plus jason perl) - but the idea is to take a position after a "thrust bar" - when after a setup is complete - you take a position after a bar has taken out the high/low of previous couple of bars. For buy setup, that means prices have stopped falling and are going upwards. For sell setup, that means prices have stopped rising and are going downwards. In all situations, I try to add the additional check of price not having crossed TDST support / resistance.

Condition 1 - Setup complete
Condition 2 - Setup completes near support / resistance. If the whole move is 100 points, and close within 5-6 points (on either side) will count as satisfying condition 2
Condition 3 - Reversal as seen by thrust bar (close higher than earlier high for buy, close lower than earlier low for sell)

Sorry I have mixed up the story and the rules - and I think they could be clearer - will do in a subsequent post if I get time. Anyway, Hero Motors fits the first 2 conditions - when we get the reversal is TBD.