Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

john302928

@john302928
AFAIK, there is no direct way to open datatable in Nest v 3.14. Only indirect way, one has to first open chart and from there to open datatable.
OR
Your Nest allows to open datatable directly.
Brother, In 3.14 nobodys nest trader will allow to open data table directly. I never said my nest trader opens directly. I was saying i wanted to see how it is programmed in the source code. Because in 3.11 we can open data table directly but not in 3.14 so I was thinking that could be the difference between these 2 versions so that part need to be modified. but in RTD source code it looked like they created a code in such a way that it right clicks and uses couple of key strokes to open data table and that is the same procedure in 3.14 as well so we dont need to modify that part of code.
Now the problem is that RTD doesnt recognize the market watch data I mean it is not recognizing the nesttrader window title or the nest trader window title may be different in 3.14 than rest of the version.and that is why we are getting trading symbol not present though that column is available in market watch. I am not sure if recognising window title is the actual issue or not

josh1

Brother, In 3.14 nobodys nest trader will allow to open data table directly. I never said my nest trader opens directly. I was saying i wanted to see how it is programmed in the source code. Because in 3.11 we can open data table directly but not in 3.14 so I was thinking that could be the difference between these 2 versions so that part need to be modified. but in RTD source code it looked like they created a code in such a way that it right clicks and uses couple of key strokes to open data table and that is the same procedure in 3.14 as well so we dont need to modify that part of code.
Now the problem is that RTD doesnt recognize the market watch data I mean it is not recognizing the nesttrader window title or the nest trader window title may be different in 3.14 than rest of the version.and that is why we are getting trading symbol not present though that column is available in market watch. I am not sure if recognising window title is the actual issue or not
@John,
I can see that you know some programming.
RTD is not able to read the header text of market watch columns in Nest 3.14/15. That is the reason you are getting "trading symbol not present" error though it is present.
Autoit V3 can read header text of listview columns. However, if the columns are created in some unconventional manner, then it cannot. I am not able to find a solution yet.

john302928

Josh
@John,
I can see that you know some programming.
RTD is not able to read the header text of market watch columns in Nest 3.14/15. That is the reason you are getting "trading symbol not present" error though it is present.
Autoit V3 can read header text of listview columns. However, if the columns are created in some unconventional manner, then it cannot. I am not able to find a solution yet.
Josh bro, I am not a programming guy. But I can interpret few logic written in a program (not always but sometimes)and modify it with the help of internet.
I would like to share my views on your point that it is not able to recognise column headers. I was in an opinion that it is not able to recognize window title. I remember when i was using 3.11 nest trader window title included with clock timer like Welcomexxxxxxxxx11:35.52pm. but in version 3.14 i dont see the clock timing it is like WelcomeXXXXXXXXXX. Dont know how it is in 3.16 as i dont have it. I am quite not sure how nest trader window title has been defined in the program. because in the RTD settings window we have a field to enter nest trader window title and we enter only the word "welcome" so I feel it might have programmed to consider the window title that starts with the word "welcome". or may be I am wrong. I was in a opinion that instead of just the word welcome, why dont we take the full title of the windows? I know the window title is difference for everyone since it includes the account id in it.but we can get the window title using autoit code, I have seen one. Not able to recommend this option unless knowing this is the actual issue.

john302928

i would like to hear from the people who are using nest trader version 3.11 and 3.16 on window title. does your window title have marketwatch name at the end of the title. in 3.14, I have. how about in 3.11 and 3.16. can anyone on this note? thanks

josh1

Nest trade
Josh

Josh bro, I am not a programming guy. But I can interpret few logic written in a program (not always but sometimes)and modify it with the help of internet.
I would like to share my views on your point that it is not able to recognise column headers. I was in an opinion that it is not able to recognize window title. I remember when i was using 3.11 nest trader window title included with clock timer like Welcomexxxxxxxxx11:35.52pm. but in version 3.14 i dont see the clock timing it is like WelcomeXXXXXXXXXX. Dont know how it is in 3.16 as i dont have it. I am quite not sure how nest trader window title has been defined in the program. because in the RTD settings window we have a field to enter nest trader window title and we enter only the word "welcome" so I feel it might have programmed to consider the window title that starts with the word "welcome". or may be I am wrong. I was in a opinion that instead of just the word welcome, why dont we take the full title of the windows? I know the window title is difference for everyone since it includes the account id in it.but we can get the window title using autoit code, I have seen one. Not able to recommend this option unless knowing this is the actual issue.
Nest trader is main window. Market watch is a control inside it. RTD can find Nest trader with partial window text. If you enter wrong window text RTD will take you directly to settings and will not start until you correct the text.

aggy

hey josh bro nowdays nest giving problems in data ... and nestplus i guess not working .. can you add another software alphatrader in your utility..

thanks in advance

Hi @josh1,

This is little offbeat and I beseech your help in this regard, since you hold practical knowledge in development of such tools.

I use AmiBroker and so far have been using your NestRTD to feed realtime quotes from Nest to AB. Now-a-days Interactive Brokers is gaining popularity as they have considerably reduced their brokerage. I understand feeding quotes (both real time and backfill) to AB is pretty straightforward as mentioned in How to use AmiBroker with Interactive Brokers TWS.

However, I am interested to pass data from TWS to AmiBroker arrays. For instance, I wonder, whether it would be possible to inject IV% from TWS to an user-defined Array in AB using IB's OpenSource API both realtime and historical. I was going through the below mentioned articles and my curiosity has increased tremendously.
1) For realtime
2) For backfilling
3) AB's ADK Guide

I am a total noob when it comes to DLLs, APIs. My C/C++ knowledge is limited to High School programming basics only (never got time to update it because of job and life). Could you kindly give me some advice or refer me some books, tutorials that will show me a road and a direction by which I could let TWS and AB shake hands with each other.

Thank you very much!

josh1

Hi @josh1,

This is little offbeat and I beseech your help in this regard, since you hold practical knowledge in development of such tools.

I use AmiBroker and so far have been using your NestRTD to feed realtime quotes from Nest to AB. Now-a-days Interactive Brokers is gaining popularity as they have considerably reduced their brokerage. I understand feeding quotes (both real time and backfill) to AB is pretty straightforward as mentioned in How to use AmiBroker with Interactive Brokers TWS.

However, I am interested to pass data from TWS to AmiBroker arrays. For instance, I wonder, whether it would be possible to inject IV% from TWS to an user-defined Array in AB using IB's OpenSource API both realtime and historical. I was going through the below mentioned articles and my curiosity has increased tremendously.
1) For realtime
2) For backfilling
3) AB's ADK Guide

I am a total noob when it comes to DLLs, APIs. My C/C++ knowledge is limited to High School programming basics only (never got time to update it because of job and life). Could you kindly give me some advice or refer me some books, tutorials that will show me a road and a direction by which I could let TWS and AB shake hands with each other.

Thank you very much!
Dude, any data imported by Amibroker goes into its arrays. You can import data from TWS(only whatever data provided by IB) through plugin in realtime as well as backfill. Thereafter it is up to you how to use it. You may develop AFLs for your use.

FYI - Whenever you start Amibroker, it takes the entire database into arrays in memory so that it can show you charts faster.

josh1

hey josh bro nowdays nest giving problems in data ... and nestplus i guess not working .. can you add another software alphatrader in your utility..

thanks in advance
But it is already having realtime charts charts