Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

ocil

Hi Ravi pls find below the link for the requested file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15QY233abn8IUW1E9z3Q0yohNyE1Gb33e/view?usp=sharing

@ocil Only one issue, after removing that folder, even re-installing 3.11 not helping.
I can get 3.11 to start in Full screen, it opens in smaller size and stays that way, can you share the User.ini file.
Location appdata\Roaming\Omnesys\NestTrader\<Some Random Number>\UserSetting.ini

I saw some Rows in my file but deleted folder accidentally. Unable to reproduce it. It doesn't have any confidential info, still check once.

john302928

Does anyone know how to reset nestplus password on our own? its bit urgent.thanks

lvgandhi

Hello

A follow-up on my previous feedback on RTD 1.4,

Yesterday tried the multi-day back fill and it worked :up:
Today again tested it and it still worked :up:

No, changes to any of the config files etc.

Followed the sequence as per guidance/tips given by others here.

1) Opened a nest plus chart
2) Closed it
3) Did back fill for that ticker

It worked

4) Then did a back fill for second ticker, it also worked without opening its chart

My conclusion is that we need to open any one Nest Plus chart for the back fill to work,
will try out few more variation and give a feed back here.

Please note all the above is with RTD 1.4

Thanks

Happy :)
Thanks Happy.
I tried with nest 3.16 of TSO with both RTD1.4 and RTD 1.5.
But in my case, slight modification required from your process.
After doing your step 1 open a nest plus chart, I had to open nest plus data table for that scrip. Then close both table and chart.
Now I can do backfill for any number of scrips. Table auto opens.

john302928

Thanks Happy.
After doing your step 1 open a nest plus chart, I had to open nest plus data table for that scrip. Then close both table and chart.
I am trying with 3.14 with RTD1.4
but when i try to select Nest plus or VWAP in backfill quote window it says trading symbol must be present in the market watch. i run both RTD and nest trader in admin mode only. are you guys checking it in 3.14 and above?Any help would be really appreciated thanks
1537467324922.png

john302928

josh bro, Could you please let me know which one is the exact source file for RTD1.4.exe file?
1537468086328.png

josh1

josh1

Thanks Happy.
Yes. That's the correct method. If you want to back fill index, open plus chart for one index. Rest will be automatically opened.

Rtd_1.50 works well with zerodha nest trader 3.16. except for vwap backfill.

but when i try to select Nest plus or VWAP in backfill quote window it says trading symbol must be present in the market watch. i run both RTD and nest trader in admin mode only. are you guys checking it in 3.14 and above?Any help would be really appreciated thanks
View attachment 28603
same thing happens with mine also. someone kindly throw some light on this where i go wrong

Let us know on Monday if you are getting realtime quotes.

By the way, is Zerodha PI fast enough like Nest Trader? Anybody used it?

Sorry didn't reply ealier.
Yes, I am getting realtime quotes in Z nest 3.16.
Had to do a bit of a setup for it as I wasn't using rtd earlier.
I first followed the rtd instructions from the included tutorial to the T.
Removed all columns from marketwatch and then arranged them according to the help file.
For Vwap I didn't delete any columns but rearranged them.
VWAP data windows has to be opened once in nest 3.16.

You'll notice time interval box is set to "0". That prevents backfill and realtime data. I set it to "1" minute.

Now for the first start I had to start RTD and NEST as admin but Ami as normal user. If I start Ami as admin it creates a copy of the Ami folder in the \Program files (x64) bit folder and destroys my Ami installation (32 bit) for some reason.

After opening RTD I first had to use the "select" button, select all my scrips from market watch and then hit "start rtd" in the Backfill window. That gave me realtime feeds for the first time.

from the second instance onwards, all i had to do was start all 3 - rtd, ami and nest without admin privileges. Just hit "Start RTD" in maind rtd windows and it started. Following any other sequence doesn't help at all.

For backfill, in Nest 3.16, nest plus backfill doesn't work at all. I can only get current day data from VWAP stats and that too if done before 12.00 am or else it shows the previous day's data under the next day.

I also can use "link to excel" feature on office 2016 using a funny workaround.
I first installed office 2007 (excel) only, then I installed office 2016 (all useable components including excel 2016) and now i have link to excel working in office 2016 as well ( 32 bit only). I have no idea if this info might be of help.

As far as Pi goes, I have found its fast, nest is faster but nest takes like 5 minutes to login. Also rtd used to bring my system to a halt for 50 scrips unlike pi, so I used to prefer pi rtd but it didn't have any backfill utility. was quite fast using pirtd. Pi also indices under a separate segment "indices" which could be a boon for us to get index cash market data live. Its under NSE - EQ -Indices.
Finally I solved the speed issue by creating a 500mb ramdisk and installing rtd, nest an pi to it. I'm happy to say rtd doesn't slow my system down on most occasions. On random occasions it does.

I'd like to try rtd with pi as pi has this superb chart export facility which doesn't give after market hours quotes unlike nest. Also we can extract ieod datat for upto 6 months using it. If we can get it to do a backfill then using pi with rtd for data would be my default setting, using nest in vm would be required to place orders as I feel order matching via nest or now i way faster and reliable than pi. pi is just slow in fulfilling orders.

Pi has only one issue, it doesn't update cash in your account live. the last few updates have not been aimed at anything other than compliance.
But it is fast nonetheless. As long as you have only MW open within a ramdisk, and not too many chart windows, its super fast.

I'll give the nest 3.11 from the links here a try for backfill. Hope it works.

View attachment 28603

Had the same issue but on 3.16. till you get realtime data working, open nest then rtd both in admin mode. rearrange all colums in mw then try playing with vwap radio button, it will work.