New Robot Trading

Hi
It is not personal. For Algo trading you need to have nfcm certification.
What course u have completed to be eligible for this.
If it is ok, kindly brief me.
SRJC
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives

This certification NSE needs for giving dealers terminal. This should be the exam for algo .

Smart_trade

Cubt

Algo Trader
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives

This certification NSE needs for giving dealers terminal. This should be the exam for algo .

Smart_trade
Smart ji,

I have a question, the backtest report I posted above is for Nifty spot, so when we start trading live in Nifty futures there will be difference in results due to premium and roll over right, so how do we handle this? Or how many points should I exclude from backtest result to get a clear picture? ?

Would be really helpful if u could provide some inputs on this??

jagankris

Smart ji,

I have a question, the backtest report I posted above is for Nifty spot, so when we start trading live in Nifty futures there will be difference in results due to premium and roll over right, so how do we handle this? Or how many points should I exclude from backtest result to get a clear picture? ?

Also pls consider the tax to be detected from the points.

jagankris

Smart ji,

Do the Backtesting Month on month on Index futures.
Premium shrinking - expanding happens some times - while Nifty spot proceeds as usual.

Stock futures have the abnormal risk of huge gaps -- > or < 10% during results period or abnormal sanctions,court decisions,govt decisions.
Ranbaxy Gap.Keep that in mind too.

I have a question - when the algo is executed from a Broker's sever.
Does this mean that one can keep the ami open days together with out any human intervention.
How to ensure GDFL or data providers data doesn't have bad data affecting the charts.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Do the Backtesting Month on month on Index futures.
Premium shrinking - expanding happens some times - while Nifty spot proceeds as usual.

Stock futures have the abnormal risk of huge gaps -- > or < 10% during results period or abnormal sanctions,court decisions,govt decisions.
Ranbaxy Gap.Keep that in mind too.

I have a question - when the algo is executed from a Broker's sever.
Does this mean that one can keep the ami open days together with out any human intervention.
How to ensure GDFL or data providers data doesn't have bad data affecting the charts.
Yes Jagan, I shall backtest month on month in index futures. And am not gonna trade on stock futures using this sytem.

We need to opt for authorized data vendors like gdfl or e signal, so that we can ensure quality of data is good.

Gaur_Krishna

Nice Initiative Cubt & JaganKris :thumb:
Few queries: Who is the broker for such Algo Trades? I mean , what about the brokerage amount? And like Zerodha/RKSV do they have nice offers such as 'per trade' or 'per month' offers?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

jagankris

Nice Initiative Cubt & JaganKris :thumb:
Few queries: Who is the broker for such Algo Trades? I mean , what about the brokerage amount? And like Zerodha/RKSV do they have nice offers such as 'per trade' or 'per month' offers?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Symphony is having tie ups with many brokers including Sharekhan, CompositeEdge, PhilipCapital and many others.
So broker's choice is our's and since brokerage plan is negotiable according our turnover or strategy or 'per trade'.
CompositeEdge is more or less like Zerodha offering Per Trade basis.

Smart ji,

Yes, there will be difference but over a long period of 1 year or so it will even out. In some months you will carry forward long positions by paying premiums and in some months you will carryover short positions by gaining premiums...so it will even out.

Smart_trade

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yes, there will be difference but over a long period of 1 year or so it will even out. In some months you will carry forward long positions by paying premiums and in some months you will carryover short positions by gaining premiums...so it will even out.

Smart_trade
Thanks for ur input, when I backtested nifty futures for the same 6 year period, almost there is a difference of 6000 points. There r some days where nifty futures gives Buy signal where as spot does not give any change in signal, its bcoz of premium decay or change in premium during the trading hours.

So am confused, whether to use the same parameters that I used for nifty spot??? Bcoz of this my auto trade is on hold now.

Pls suggest ur inputs Smart ji.