My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge. Trading is like tossing a coin ;) we can have five wins in a row or five losses; we could win one lose one.

Every moment in the market is unique. No matter how many times we have traded an edge the outcome can be different this time and no matter how perfectly matched this pattern is with the last one
, this one is truly unique if for no other reason than in this market the participants are not the same as in the last one.

Last edited:

XRAY27

After spending lots time in various forums , internet source, trading books , came to the conclusion ,which are three bullet points mentioned below,also removed recent additions which almost causing delayed entries
,and returned to my old school ,additions of new points are only to avoid some whipsaw losses ,but in words of Ed Seykota (first bullet point)..,from this OCT series ,i will not run after any new ideas in quest for out performance

1. To avoid whipsaw losses, stop trading :woot::depressed::shy:

2. Risk can change shape or form but it never really goes away.

3. No Trading strategy can outperform at all times

XRAY27

Multiple study of same thing is the cause of late entry
!!! i'm a follower of VPA,VA, with MP with D and S....with in it self addressing volume side of BO and adding OBV has caused some late entry ,so scraping out this OBV :rolleyes:

"A complete Guide to volume price analysis - Anna coulling"
is the excellent guide,its a bit complex in practical application ,i have done this long ago,but laziness and short cut in brain are main cause
,but for people who are feeling difficulty in VPA ,OBV is the best answer !!!!:smug:

Last edited:

XRAY27

BUYING AND SELLING CLIMAX

BS.png

Source :"A complete Guide to volume price analysis - Anna coulling"

Last edited:

XRAY27

Think of this below situation ...which indicator will help you to read this to get a trade?? answer is non ,only VPA will help you ,
Lesson (self ):-When you are able to crack some thing ,then don't run after short cuts

eeeeee.png

Source :"A complete Guide to volume price analysis - Anna coulling"

Last edited:

XRAY27

"Never be a born bear or born bull.....as traders we are not permanant bulls nor permanant bears, this thought is dangerous....we just want to be on the right side of the market and if we are on the wrong side, get out fast....and be in tune with the market."

Smart_trade

"It is always a double effect on our ledgers that if in the bull market you short and lose money of say X amount, then it makes a difference of 2X to our ledgers because X is the amount we lost and another X is the opportunity cost of making X in a upmove which we lost...so the total effect is not X but it is minimum 2 X....think about it..."

Smart_trade

Last edited:

XRAY27

Consistence in trading starts when emotional struggle ends

Nifty showing sell setup positional at a level ( not mentioning it) as per RF, holding bank nifty long as per then setup to buy,previously i used to exit on this contra signals at market open (3years back),but now following the setup..as my emotional struggle has ended in trading !!!

Last edited:

XRAY27

Todays discussion in forum !!! brought down 4 points which many traders are suffering with

1. Don't have a plan,trading system/method/setup etc

2. Having a plan ,but cannot back test it,as arguments are confusing

3. Proven plan is there with Back test ,but suffering at executional level

4. Searching new funda in case of draw down period of current proven plan

Problem among "PRO" oh !!! i cannot use that for me :rolleyes: experienced is the correct word, Just want to scraw the method to prevent whipsaw
,end result super late entry
, just have to remember !!!chaos in one time is just order in another time

Last edited: