My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Trading is the hardest way to earn easy money
, plan to get that easy money should be robust ,but in this journey ,we travel from many mediocre plans/methods

Main content of this jhand plans are (as per my opinion ,people can disagree)

1. Divergence (Hidden or regular) of indicator,

2. Cross over of MA,EMA,

3.Experiments with indicators ,in such a way that we change value at the best or its another way of curve fitting

Some contents which many still not using & being watched by some of the legendary traders

1. Triple divergence of indicator

2. 45 degree angle study of Ema/MA

3. Concentrating on High power areas of price through D&S /MP ,VWAP,TWAP

4. Order flow

5. Pure price action methods, need lot of skill ,very few will get to that expert level

Last edited:

XRAY27

Professional traders keep their eyes on the bigger picture and there are least bothered about outcome of a trade

That bigger picture is the fact that if they execute their method flawlessly, over and over, over a long enough period of time / series of trades, they will come out profitable.

They don't compare there trading result with some other ones.

i'm comparing the results at last ,which is not good :mad::mad:

Last edited:

XRAY27

Things that should be avoided:

Flipping through time frames and markets, hunting signals without doing your preparation

Following your trades tick by tick

Arguing with traders on social media

Micro-managing trades and being glued to the screen

You may have a bias, but this does not automatically mean that you should be in a trade. (unknown)

XRAY27

Every body knows that there are 3 styles of entry with respect to qty , there is general belief that addon ( 2nd in below picture) is the best one :couchpotato:,but for me intra/positional type 1 proved best and swing 2 :woot::woot:..never used 3 rd one as my system does not use any fixed levels for entry

1369133.png

Last edited:

XRAY27

Bernard Baruch

Bernard Mannes Baruch lived from 1870 to 1965 and was known as “The Lone Wolf of Wall Street.” He was a stockbroker who made his fortune before the age of thirty years and went on to become an economic adviser to U.S. Presidents Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Quotes :-

“Don’t try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can’t be done except by liars.”

“I made my money by selling too soon.”

“I never lost money by turning a profit.”

XRAY27

Explanation by madan sir on my post scaling in vs all in :couchpotato::couchpotato:

Logging into TJ after a long time. Whole outlook has changed for better :)

Scaling in vs All-in is a vast topic by itself but based on my understanding - there is no real advantage in scaling-in except for the mental satisfaction of losing less(purportedly losing less) but law of averages would infamously catch up with scaling-in as well. But, if one goes to the bottom-line to understand the parameters, it all comes down to how much we can earn from a strategy(in terms of returns) and how much we are willing to lose (max DD) to attain that average returns.

Without going into further details, i can assure you that all-in is much better in terms of returns(w.r.t risk) but if one needs psychological comfort, scaling-in would suit them. So, it all boils down to individual's preference (maximum retruns w.r.t risk vs psychological comfort). There is nothing right or wrong but there is no empirical evidence favoring scaling-in except for the mental comfort. If we talk about returns/utilising our capital optimally, then all-in is much better.

There was a post that talks about scaling-out vs all-out(exit MM is more important that entry MM in my opinion). Thought of posting it here again.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/general-trading-chat.96368/page-4408#post-1175135

Last edited:

XRAY27

A speculator must concern himself with making money out of the market and not with insisting that the tape must agree with him. Never argue with it or ask it for reasons or explanations. Stock-market post-mortems don’t pay dividends.--Jesse Livermore

Last edited:

XRAY27

Now i'm able to withstanding with qty bias in swing/positional passed out 20 lots in each style...intra is 10 all in...now what is the difference between 2007 and 2017,2007 beginners luck:couchpotato:, now entry on bases of "EDGE" :pompus::rolleyes:..from qty to entry style..i can say

i'm going to withstand any trend and get the result,which is "VITAMIN M"

XRAY27

Time is the important factor and VA gaps shown its strength with D and S, got highest pts in BNF in intraday

11111.png