LONE WOLF's Trading Diary

LoneWolf

Date : 09 Sep 2016

A normal profit day in NSE, 3 trades, One profit trade in TATASTEEL and 2 scratch trades in SBIN and NIFTY respectively. Managed to close the day in green.

But had a very good session in SILVER mini (MCX). SIlver started a new intermediate downtrend, and just took part in that by shorting the minor downtrend.

The above pic also shows my morning SHORT in silver with a minor downtrend continuation by complex pullback.. Holding 50% short with a TSL @ 46580.

LoneWolf

@LoneWolf
How do you set you target and SL ?
Is their fixed about risk:reward ?
SL at price extreme before I take the trade, these are mostly the minor pivots on the opposite sides of the trades, sometimes based on the candle size, I add filter to them.. for target exit half at 1:1 RR, this secures the trade and protects from sudden move against the trade even when the trade has moved in favor. Rest half is trailed for as long as price can go..

LoneWolf

How many hours do you sit in front of computer to find probable trade setups?

Also, you didn't tell me whose End Of Day quotes do you use!?
I am a full time trader, so i sit all the time before my PC. once I sense a range, i put alert on the scrip for price range and do my own things..:D

Right now not using any EOD data.. but searching for them since 3 days since I want to extend my hobby to Positional trade/Investment..

Have tried ABCD, but it downloads all the bhavcopy which also holds BE type data along with EQ, and that clusters the Amibroker DB. Also it has many sysmbols which are no more being actively traded..I want something where I can EOD data for a specific time of the specified stock.. Do you know any such utility, then please mention..

TracerBullet

I am a full time trader, so i sit all the time before my PC. once I sense a range, i put alert on the scrip for price range and do my own things..:D

Right now not using any EOD data.. but searching for them since 3 days since I want to extend my hobby to Positional trade/Investment..

Have tried ABCD, but it downloads all the bhavcopy which also holds BE type data along with EQ, and that clusters the Amibroker DB. Also it has many sysmbols which are no more being actively traded..I want something where I can EOD data for a specific time of the specified stock.. Do you know any such utility, then please mention..
If you find something that does that let us know too. Esp need for MCX as ABCD does not support it yet.

If willing to write some code -
For filtering scrips, you can use grep. Date filtering will need some extra logic, but still should be able to take out as daily files have date in name.

Very basic Example code here in ahk (with scrip filtering only). Dont need ahk, can use anything else too with grep binary, or directly integrate in ABCD with rebol.

I use above with ABCD and import into AB directly on close of ABCD.

extremist

just try Getbhavcopy.
it may serve ur pourpose.
http://www.getbhavcopy.com/

LoneWolf

just try Getbhavcopy.
it may serve ur pourpose.
http://www.getbhavcopy.com/
Thanks extremist for the help.. I tried it and It comes close to what I needed as it does not download other data than EQ only. But I wanted to have a stock specific options which is not there, and its downloading rate is very slow. For a demo I started downloading from Sep 1 to Sep 13, and the log file shows start time as 17:12 PM and ends at 17:29 PM, nearly 17 minutes for 9 trading sessions.

I am thinking how much time will it take to download the bhavcopies from 2005 or earlier years?? :D :D Lol.. And again they might contain many symbols which are no more listed in NSE. But still this is okay to continue with till I find what I need or I develop something of my own.

Edit
It is giving error and not downloading while attempting to download data from 2005..
"Could not find file 'C:\Users\****\Getbhavcopy\temp\NSEbhav.gbc'

Last edited: