Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh05

Re: Saint's Intraday Miniflow - live discussion

Couldn't join you friends today... Hope all traded well...reading ypur trades(posts) one by one...
Haribhai we r waiting fr u tomorrow :) what is ajax ? I have seen some sort of message while browsing saint sir's site how to solve the problem?

myvineet

saint sir quote:-

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs.trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

although saint sir quoted that" if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."
but now here 12:00 , 12:30 , 13:00 and 13:30 are strong 4 up bars but 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar
so in my view i place my SAR at 12:30 bar low-sf .

---------------

vineet, avijit please look at the today post of kapil 123(in Nifty Futures MiniFlow Part -II at tradersaint.com)
regarding todays NF trades. where he did mention SAR 12:30 low acc to 2 bar method .
acc to kapil SAR is12:30 bar low-sf acc to 2 bar method but acc to vineet, avijit ,harsh and Lvgandhi SAR is13:00 bar low-sf
acc to 2 bar method .
so i think today we had different opinion about SAR.
Saint sir please throw some light regarding SAR.

Regards
Hemant
hemant , what i did is acc to rule i know & i am still stand on that ..kapil is far ahead in trading from me & he must have a reason for having sar at 12.30 bar low ....

but you tell me why you kept sar there ?...you didn't know at that time what kapil do at his terminal...

regarding 2.00 bar not a strong bar : it crosses 1.30 bar high at 1.31, we shifted SAR immediately...we not waited for another 29 min to see close of that bar...

rules are always there but we use them differently...

vineet

I was reading the proceedings of the day on my laptop from my hotel room and I see that there is some confusion about 2 bars method and its application. Let me try to explain with upmove example.

2 bars rule require minimum set of 4 consecutive bars in which bar 1 is a reference bar,bar 2 high is greater than bar 1 high,bar 3 high is greater than bar 2 high and bar 4 high greater than bar 3 high..... on completion of bar 4 close,and assuming 1-2 bars in this sequence are large bars,2 bars rule is applicable.We move our SAR to low of bar 2 ie low of 2 bars ago ( hence this name of 2 bars rule....) From bar 5 onwards we need not wait for the bar to close before we shift SAR and the moment bar 5 makes a higher high than bar 4high,we can shift SAR to bar 3 low ( ie 2 bars back low) .....so on and so forth.......mirror image for downmove....)

Here be careful to see that atleast 1-2 bars are large or atleast normal size bars.It is wrong to apply 2 bars rule on a limping move giving small bars....also see to it that when new high is made in 5th bar onwards it has to be a really distinct a new high and not a mere limp break of the earlier bars high.In case of limping breaks it is better not to shift the SAR too close to the market action.....

Go by the spirit of the rule and not by its strict defination.

I am supposed to be away from the markets....but find it difficult not to view the action atleast EOD.:)

Best wishes to all.....trade well....

Smart_trade

myvineet

thanx a lot ST da...

but what give me more surity in THAT SAR is pivot low in 15 min chart at 2.00 ..

at that time both 30 & 60 min bars are bearish means TFA agrees..so i stick with that SAR ..

Am i right there da ?

sorry to disturb you in vacation da...

regards

vineet

In addition to what is said in the above post,if the high of 5 th bar just limpingly broke high of 4 th bar but if the bars 4 and 3 are large bars,it is correct to move SAR to low of 3rd bar even in limping break of high.But if 4th and 3rd bars are small bars.....dont be in a hurry to to shift sar imediately to low of 3rd bar...let it remain at low of 2nd bar without any shift......

Some will say it is subjective...but it is not...it is reading the market action in correct perspective....

Smart_trade

thanx a lot ST da...

but what give me more surity in THAT SAR is pivot low in 15 min chart at 2.00 ..

at that time both 30 & 60 min bars are bearish means TFA agrees..so i stick with that SAR ..

Am i right there da ?

sorry to disturb you in vacation da...

regards

vineet
You are absolutely right Vineet,I have not seen the market action today even EOD,my post is a general information post after reading some wrong understanding of 2 bars rule and not pertaining to todays mkt action....and if the mkt action is as per what is described by you, you are absolutely right....well done my friend....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

ST ,Thank you very much for that nice explantion of 2 & 4 bar rules. now understood very well. :clapping:

Hemant

hemant , what i did is acc to rule i know & i am still stand on that ..kapil is far ahead in trading from me & he must have a reason for having sar at 12.30 bar low ....

but you tell me why you kept sar there ?...you didn't know at that time what kapil do at his terminal...

regarding 2.00 bar not a strong bar : it crosses 1.30 bar high at 1.31, we shifted SAR immediately...we not waited for another 29 min to see close of that bar...

rules are always there but we use them differently...

vineet
I kept my SAR acc to 2 bar rule.
vineet i have already told in my post 6993(page-700). but i had done mistake in interpretation of 2& 4 bar rule regarding SAR in my post 6993.sorry it was 2 bar rule not 4 bar rule.
so in my view SAR was acc to 2 bar rule 12:30 bar low -sf because 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar and 5 th bar (14:00 bar)breaks 4th bar(13:30 bar) with very low margin or very limpingly so 4 bar rule was not in play.

Last edited:

In addition to what is said in the above post,if the high of 5 th bar just limpingly broke high of 4 th bar but if the bars 4 and 3 are large bars,it is correct to move SAR to low of 3rd bar even in limping break of high.But if 4th and 3rd bars are small bars.....dont be in a hurry to to shift sar imediately to low of 3rd bar...let it remain at low of 2nd bar without any shift......

Some will say it is subjective...but it is not...it is reading the market action in correct perspective....

Smart_trade
thanks a lot ST sir 4 your valuable input,in vacation also you are in close touch in mkt and with us, grt sir it seems nt only we, you are also missing mkt and us a lot:)

and regarding 2 days trade , though it was just a limping brk of the previous bar high, we moved our sar bcz of the 15 mnt pivot low and with the agreement of 30/60 both the time frame acc to me.

Bt now i am happy that we have raised this small confusion today, otherwise we would have nt recevied this detailed input, now no confusion:)

p.s -- That is why i love this thread and all my frnds here, (vineet, hitesh, harsh, manoj,hemant.... allllll) , they r ready to ask, ready to help and ready to solve confusion/doubts

avijit

Status
Not open for further replies.