Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgandhi

Re: Saint's Intraday Miniflow - live discussion

well hemant as per my understanding abt 4 bar rule if the 5 th bar breaks the high of last bar(if WE long) we can immidiately place our sar below the 3rd bar low (todays case it is 1 pm bar low -sf) irrespective of the closing or low of the running bar means 5 th bar.

i may be wrong pls correct me
as per my understanding also, you are correct. But Saint has kept SAR at 14:20 also at 11:30 bar low. That was wondering me. I am waiting for his reply to my post.

exactly ...then why we didn't shift SAR to 13.00 when 14.00 broke high of 13.30 bar ??

vineet
saint sir quote:-

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs…….trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

although saint sir quoted that if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth.
but now here 12:00 , 12:30 , 13:00 and 13:30 are strong 4 bars up but 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar
so i place my SAR at 12:30 bar low-sf.

well hemant as per my understanding abt 4 bar rule if the 5 th bar breaks the high of last bar(if WE long) we can immidiately place our sar below the 3rd bar low (todays case it is 1 pm bar low -sf) irrespective of the closing or low of the running bar means 5 th bar.

i may be wrong pls correct me

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs…….trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

although saint sir quoted that if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth.
but now here 12:00 , 12:30 , 13:00 and 13:30 are strong 4 bars up but 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar

jamit_05

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs.trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

If you are following the 4 bar rule then today was the day to do so. 5th bar did make a new high, hence 4 bar rule was in play.

sry to disagree Hem.

jamit_05

today quite upset with my trade as most of my profit is gone :mad:
In that is the key to real learning my friend.

If this state of mind is left on autopilot, 'I' will not let you trade properly tom.

Sit back and reflect where the problem was. In your system or execution?Identify it, device a solution and implement that solution strictly (possible only if you keep 'I' out). That solution might be a little different from the rules, thats okay (try not to make it too drastic :)

If you let this upsetting feeling go unattended then 'I' will be trading in your place tomorrow.

Just my experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.