Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEM

Trader
Re: Saint's Intraday Miniflow - live discussion

If you are following the 4 bar rule then today was the day to do so. 5th bar did make a new high, hence 4 bar rule was in play.

sry to disagree Hem.

amit please no sorry for disagree because as L.V.Gandhi very well said that We can certainly agree to disagree. :)

Hemant

jamit_05

Pretty rough day for BankNifty in miniflow I guess. Two stop hits in a day, well the 2nd missed only by a little. Hope u r doing okay Kinkhab

hitesh05

In that is the key to real learning my friend.

If this state of mind is left on autopilot, 'I' will not let you trade properly tom.

Sit back and reflect where the problem was. In your system or execution?Identify it, device a solution and implement that solution strictly (possible only if you keep 'I' out). That solution might be a little different from the rules, thats okay (try not to make it too drastic :)

If you let this upsetting feeling go unattended then 'I' will be trading in your place tomorrow.

Just my experience. :)
Thanks amit for the nice advice I think still the core rule is the best but like today where we come to the same place from where we started, the profit booking system fails but in trending days we rewarded by the same system.I will try some method to get maximum profit from trading days like today.Thanks again...

jamit_05

Thanks amit for the nice advice I think still the core rule is the best but like today where we come to the same place from where we started, the profit booking system fails but in trending days we rewarded by the same system.I will try some method to get maximum profit from trading days like today.Thanks again...
We have two options
1) Make peace with the fact that in days like today we will miss out and on big days we will earn, if we book EOD

2) Book profit at intervals.

Make a choice... one cannot have both.

I prefer the first option. However, for days when the market is starkly reversing, like after 3.00 or after 30 min and 60 min is tailing, I am working on an exit strategy. I will make a choice and will stick to it...

regards,
Amit.

HEM

Trader

well hemant as per my understanding abt 4 bar rule if the 5 th bar breaks the high of last bar(if WE long) we can immidiately place our sar below the 3rd bar low (todays case it is 1 pm bar low -sf) irrespective of the closing or low of the running bar means 5 th bar.

i may be wrong pls correct me
saint sir quote:-

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs.trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

although saint sir quoted that" if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."
but now here 12:00 , 12:30 , 13:00 and 13:30 are strong 4 up bars but 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar
so in my view i place my SAR at 12:30 bar low-sf .

----------------------

vineet, avijit please look at the today post of kapil 123(in Nifty Futures MiniFlow Part -II at tradersaint.com)
regarding todays NF trades. where he did mention SAR 12:30 low acc to 2 bar method .
acc to kapil SAR is12:30 bar low-sf acc to 2 bar method but acc to vineet, avijit ,harsh and Lvgandhi SAR is13:00 bar low-sf
acc to 2 bar method .
so i think today we had different opinion about SAR.
Saint sir please throw some light regarding SAR.

Regards
Hemant

Last edited:

HEM

Trader

exactly ...then why we didn't shift SAR to 13.00 when 14.00 broke high of 13.30 bar ??

vineet

saint sir quote:-

"Trail stops only on higher pivot lows in longs.trail stops to lower pivot highs in shorts.If you get strong 4 bars up on the 30 or more,move the stop to the low of 2 bars back.Same as the 2 bar method we employ in the 60min Flow.Only difference is use this only after we get 4 bars up.And if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."

although saint sir quoted that" if the 5th bar makes a new high,then trail stop to 3rd bar low,so on so forth."
but now here 12:00 , 12:30 , 13:00 and 13:30 are strong 4 up bars but 5 th bar14:00 bar is not strong up bar
so in my view i place my SAR at 12:30 bar low-sf .

---------------

vineet, avijit please look at the today post of kapil 123(in Nifty Futures MiniFlow Part -II at tradersaint.com)
regarding todays NF trades. where he did mention SAR 12:30 low acc to 2 bar method .
acc to kapil SAR is12:30 bar low-sf acc to 2 bar method but acc to vineet, avijit ,harsh and Lvgandhi SAR is13:00 bar low-sf
acc to 2 bar method .
so i think today we had different opinion about SAR.
Saint sir please throw some light regarding SAR.

Regards
Hemant

Last edited:

TFL

Dear Haribird
where do we have EOD discussion....is it on rakesh luthra's thread?
Dear jatayoo,

As from your posts we all can understand that you are not trading the Intraday Mini-Flow method. We opened this thread to discuss the matters with in the boundaries of this method.

Also EOD/Library and other threads are strictly discussing only this method. So posting here and those threads will only create hurdles in between the flow of these discussions.

Its strongly recommended to start a new thread and post your trades, questions, suggestions, advices and all there. We will be joining there too.

Hope we will soon see your thread with your custom method/variant there.

Not to disappoint you but...:(

Thank you,

TFL

Couldn't join you friends today... Hope all traded well...reading ypur trades(posts) one by one...

TFL

Java Runtime Environment. Most of these modern sited need it.
JRE have no role with the said issue. It uses AJAX...need only a browser which can run JavaScript and not Java Runtime Environment. So no need to install JRE for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broker Special Offers