General Trading Chat

I would suggest following avenues for investing your family's capital :

1) If there is any senior citizen in the family, go for Senior Citizen Saving Scheme...this is a scheme of Govt of India and the money is secured.This is the best scheme and most secured for your mother who I guess must be a senior citizen ( above 60 years age ) You can put Rs 15 L max in this and it pays 8.7 % as of now.
2) Look for short term liquid funds or bond funds of some good mutual funds...they have no equity risk.The returns after tax are better than bank FDs. Spread the amount in 2-3 funds.
3) Invest small amounts of 2-3 L each in Non Convertible Debentures of some good companies...currently Shriram Transport Finance is having a NCD issue open.
4) Invest in some good companies FDs ...like Bajaj Finance, Shriram Transport Finance etc...put small amount 2-3 L in each , dont put big amount so that the risk is spread....they are safe and they pay 9.25-9.5 % pa
5) Govt bonds are also good but they will have low returns....I have invested only in Capital Gains Tax saving bonds which pay only 6 % pa....other bonds I have never invested.

Smart_trade
7.8%T
Thanks a lot for detailed reply.I will look into those options.
What about Post office saving schemes? I have seen 5 year TERM DEPOSIT GIVES SOME 7.8% return..I want to know the deposits with post office time deposits Are safe? I mean is our principal amount is safe & who gives gurantee of principal & intrest in post office schemes?I am more intrested in saving of capital than return of capital..Protection of capital is more important , even supreme
thanks

Last edited:
Dear St DA
Nowadays most of the days, BNF is in sideways..Can you please suggest how to trade VISUAL SIDEWAYS TREND IN intraday through pivot method?
what should be our setups to trade VISUAL SIDEWAYS?
thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Dear St DA
Nowadays most of the days, BNF is in sideways..Can you please suggest how to trade VISUAL SIDEWAYS TREND IN intraday through pivot method?
thanks
Bhai
Before you get reprimanded by ST sir, I will remind you that pivots are for trending markets, for sideways you have to fade the range in small trading quantities ( than usual trading size), by selling at resistance and buying at support, also you can use Pratap's sir's VWAP bands in sideways. More of a scalping mindset is needed with quick entry and exits.
Best is to stay out.....and wait for trends to set in again.

Vivek

Bhai
Before you get reprimanded by ST sir, I will remind you that pivots are for trending markets, for sideways you have to fade the range in small trading quantities ( than usual trading size), by selling at resistance and buying at support, also you can use Pratap's sir's VWAP bands in sideways. More of a scalping mindset is needed with quick entry and exits.
Best is to stay out.....and wait for trends to set in again.

Vivek
HI
Thanks Vivek bro for your help.Its helpful.
I trade in 3 min..& in that time frame , visual trend is usually sideways.I am refering to conditions where oppsite sides pivot break..Example- we are in VIsual uptrend in 3 min , making higher vph & higher Vpl & then we break latest vpl & now we are in visual sideways, here trend can resume to previous trend of up or can change trend to visual down.
My query is how to trade those period when we get VISUAL SIDEWAYS, Because here also we will get minor trends..& in 3 min, those clear minor trends are tradable..so, how to trade those?
thanks

7.8%T
Thanks a lot for detailed reply.I will look into those options.
What about Post office saving schemes? I have seen 5 year TERM DEPOSIT GIVES SOME 7.8% return..I want to know the deposits with post office time deposits Are safe? I mean is our principal amount is safe & who gives gurantee of principal & intrest in post office schemes?I am more intrested in saving of capital than return of capital..Protection of capital is more important , even supreme
thanks
Post office savings scheme are small savings schemes guaranteed by Govt of India so they are very safe as far as principal amount is concerned. Govt changes the interest rates from time to time but they are safe.So you can invest in them without any risk.

ST

Dear St DA
thanks
On smaller timeframe BNF is trending down and it is giving 1-2 good trades every day.

ST

HI
I Agree with that.
But I am asking in general..Example, we are inVISUAL down trend, & price breaks last VPH & we are now in visual sideways..From here, we can go to down again & trend can change to up also..but before that , we are higher VPH & LOWER VPL ..so which minor trend shall we trade? up minor trend or down minor trend?
in same way, we are in visual uptrend,Now we breaks latest vpl & makes lower vpl, again we are in visual sideways , where higher vphs but lower VPL, so now till trend changes or resumes to up, which minor trend shall we trade?
Thanks

Could you please suggest few fund names for 2)
and I would like to know what benefits do we get in investng in 5)capital gains tax saving bonds over NSC in post office
Every fund house has liquid or short term bond funds.I had mentioned a few funds here but you can google search and find a fund that you like.I use Franklin Templeton and Reliance funds to park my excess liquidity for a few months till there is an opportunity to deploy those funds.

Capital gain bonds and Post office saving schemes are different products used for different purposes.. capital gain bonds one invests when there is LT capital gains by sale of land,house property etc to save capital gains tax.

ST

Last edited: