General Trading Chat

lemondew

St da,

Just looking at these things. They work against holding positions.
Was just checking if the last thrust is strong against our position then its better to close the position. Something like may be if we are closing 60% up from lows or only about 35-40% of our SL level s still pending. Or in other words we havent hit our SL level but closing more towards our SL level than the lows in which it was. Then reopen/evaluate it next day.

Irrespective of even if have taken multiple day carries.

Also sometimes market always have tendency to move against our direction during closing/opening hit stops and then again move in our direction during day. In the day here provides better entries and overnights are generally against direction. Such patterns are also seen manifesting day after day. Such patterns may continue for some period.

If in sideways,trade the boundaries.

ST

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
The Octopus appears to be a person who lives in his own hellucination world with no idea of ground reality....he posts as if God or Gann comes and tells him what is planned for the market date wise...and God shares that only with him and no one else on this planet....:D

Smart_trade
I was also thinking that he is Schizophrenic, he is in a delusional world.

lemondew

In sideways,

The following can also be tried
1. Take no trades.
2. The sideways is broken only if we close above boundaries. (Closing bar your timeframe bar).
3. When sideways breakout fails sideways expands.
4. If sideways becomes too large then try to find a sideways in sideways.
5 Trade the breakout of smaller sideways in sideways

Kindly evaluate for your tf and system. What I have experienced is whatever is stated here generally doesnt work for us. Because it may or may not be meant for our system. The only thing that should be traded is something that is backtested and checked for our system .

HI
I Agree with that.
But I am asking in general..Example, we are inVISUAL down trend, & price breaks last VPH & we are now in visual sideways..From here, we can go to down again & trend can change to up also..but before that , we are higher VPH & LOWER VPL ..so which minor trend shall we trade? up minor trend or down minor trend?
in same way, we are in visual uptrend,Now we breaks latest vpl & makes lower vpl, again we are in visual sideways , where higher vphs but lower VPL, so now till trend changes or resumes to up, which minor trend shall we trade?
Thanks

When Tatamotors was at 250, I heard Prakash Diwan on Awaaz saying "Even if the company is sold today, the share has a value of 220-230, so there is not much downside". Today morning he was recommending avoiding TaMo as far as possible till a turnaround in the business is seen.