DownLoading Complete Symbol List From Yahoo Finance Website

Here is how I obtained complete nse symbol list from Yahoo finance.

1. Go to Finance.yahoo.com
2. Search for **.ns in the symbol lookup page choosing world markets as the option
3. All the symbols ending with .ns will be displayed with 50 symbols on each page. Names may not be available for all the symbols.
4. Copy and paste them all in an excel sheet. Choose "paste special" and "unicode text" when asked while pasting
5. Discard the columns other than the symbol and name columns.
6. Go to Edit => Replace. Type **_a.ns in Find What box and leave the Replace box empty. Choose Replace all.
7. Repeat Step 6 to replace **.nz with blank.
8. Sort the symbol and name columns in ascending order.
9. Select all the rows whose symbol boxes are either empty or contain the word "add" and delete those rows.
10.There may still be a few symols of other exchanges left in the list. Just change the alignment of the symbol column to align right and scroll down the list to find any deviations. Delete the rows containing these symbols.
11.Save the final list as the nsesymbol list.

I am unable to attach the list in excel format as it is exceeding the upload limit. However the attached txt file can be converted to excel format after download. This list was created on 10.12.2006.

murthymsr

Here is how I obtained complete nse symbol list from Yahoo finance.

1. Go to Finance.yahoo.com
2. Search for **.ns in the symbol lookup page choosing world markets as the option
However the attached txt file can be converted to excel format after download. This list was created on 10.12.2006.
hi r6dy,

thanks. the procedure and the list will be useful to many.
link added to "Links To Posted Software"

murthymsr

:confused:can any one provide me the server name of yahoo finance,reason is that i want to connect with the RET software provided on the elliottician .com

Can a compete list of stock codes of rediff.com be provided? rediff stock codes means the stock code that appears on the address bar on searching for a share's data?