DownLoading Complete Symbol List From Yahoo Finance Website

comple list of BSE yahoo google symbols list

1. The symbols on yahoo site are same as on BSE, with the exception that yahoo symbol contains suffix '.BO' and google symbols contian suffix "BOM:"

2. you can directly get list from BSE, here is a cheat for that

All companies listed in exchange are limited and text 'LTD' appear in their name except few banks. So on BSE site perform two search.

In getquotes sarch field enter the query 'LTD'. It will generate list of maximum companies except few banks. alternatively you can put this url in your web browser to get list from BSE. (replace http://www.bseindia.com/scripsearch/scrips_2.aspx?myscrip=ltd&flag=sr

1. in Sheet 1: copy and paste this lists from BSE site to excel. This will fill the data in columns A:E and then select the column A:E. go to edit > clear > formats. This will remove any formatting. expand the corners of columsn to see the contents.

2. perform next search on BSE for symbol 'Bank'. it will give you list of 4-5 banks that start with word 'Bank' e.g. 'BANK of India' but not those banks in which Bank is not first word but something in middle or last (e.g. state bank of India). At the end of table click on 'more'
it will give lists of all banks. alternativly you can put this address in ur web browser to get list of all banks.

in sheet 2: copy, paste the table as for sheet 1 and clear the formatting. remove the header row and combine the content of sheet 2 at the end of content of sheet 1.

Now this list contains some of duplicate entries for ltd banks.

Time to sort out duplicate entries. in excel goto Data > filter > advanced filter. click on checkbox 'unique records only'(ensure defulat action, 'filter the list, in place' is selected). Click ok. It will hide the duplicate entries. while this list is selected go to edit and copy.

go to sheet 3 and paste the content. Your list of BSE scrips is ready.

applying the suffix or prefix for yahoo or google.
place the cursor in first cell of column F. click the formula function button(fx). select category 'TEXT' and function concatenate (to join two texts) and click ok. for text 1 click on D1 and for text 2 type .BO. this will generate symbol for yahoo for that security. Now click on this cell and then double click the Black handle of this cell two fill down the entire column. This is list for yahoo symbols. similarly you can produce symbol list for google. Delete the column D which is of no use. this list still contain hperlinks from the BSE site. clicking on any security will take to bsesite. to remove hyperlinks save file in csv format and reopn in excel.

I hope this helps. I am attaching a list of 4939 stocks produced as described here. if you want to delete the securities which suspended as evident from # or @ in column C. sort out the securities by column C and delete those securities.

Hi,
I am using Amibroker.I have a list of yahoo ticker symbol for NSE[see the attached file].
Can anyone tell me how i can export the symbols with company names ?

I know amibroker lets u enter new symbols as comma separated value, but how to enter the company name along with symbol.
I dont have any live data source I use Yahoo EOD data.

Also if members can contribute afl files it would be great.

Regards,

Prosenjit Kundu
How can i download a list of all symbols from yahooo finance?

Hi,

I know this question is very basic, but bear with me. In the yahoo finance site and also in data bulls, there are some company names with au attached. What does this au signify ? like there is INFY.NS and INFYau.ns .

Can anyone please clarify ?

Thanks and regards,
Snowy
au means stocks listed in Australia.
: :)Fairy