DownLoading Complete Symbol List From Yahoo Finance Website

murthymsr

Hi,
I am using Amibroker.I have a list of yahoo ticker symbol for NSE[see the attached file].
Can anyone tell me how i can export the symbols with company names ?

I know amibroker lets u enter new symbols as comma separated value, but how to enter the company name along with symbol.
I dont have any live data source I use Yahoo EOD data.

Also if members can contribute afl files it would be great.

Regards,

Prosenjit Kundu

hI I AM NEW I NEED HELP ON META STOCK. i WANT TO SEARCH SECUTITIES FORMING SOME CANDLE STICK PATTERN, HAVING VOLUME CHANGE MORE THA 20 % AND STOCHASTIC ABOVE 80 PL GUIDE

John (who uploaded .txt files)

Firstly, thanks very much! However, i was wondering if you have a similar list for the US stock markets?

How to obtain this list from Yahoo? Is it possible to download an up-to-date list of all ticker symbols on the NYSE (or indian, what is NSE btw?) using the technique
server = 'http://table.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv'; (followed by some arguments)?

im using this in Java programming to get stock data (works well)- but i'd like to get a complete list of ALL stock symbols in the US markets (and indian).

Help much appreciated!
Gvanto

Yahoo now uses the actual scrip code (6 digit numeric code). I use esQuotes to get quotes directly into excel and yahoo won't accept the alpha codes anymore. Does anyone have a list of the numeric codes for all BSE/NSE stocks.

THanks in advance
aj

Hello,

This is Milind, I am looking for the all the symbols in EXCEL format.
It will be nice to have data from you..

Thanks,
Milind

Hi Anil has already sent the same in text files on this thread: Traderji.com - Discussion forum for Indian Stocks & Commodities > TOOLS & RESOURCES > Software & Data.

I have the same data. But in excel format. If some one still wants it in excel file ( one file contains all the data ) please let me know.

Thanks