Explore Enhanced Options Strategy Analysis- Backtest Expired Options W/O Downloading From NSE

newtrader101

Greetings Traders!

Many of you would have thought about backtesting option trading with your strategies and stop losses because stop hunting is most rampant in options. Well, I struggled long with this, trying to download historical data from NSE and getting the charts using Excel sheets! Cumbersome, if not impossible. Atleast for non-programmers.

Now, I'm excited to share a valuable discovery that could significantly benefit our community's options trading endeavors. It's called Gocharting.com, a platform that simplifies the process of backtesting past expired option contracts of NSE, eliminating the need for extensive historical data downloads.

As traders, we understand the importance of backtesting in refining our strategies. The site streamlines this process by providing an intuitive platform for comprehensive option backtesting, without the complexity of managing data.

It has a user-friendly interface, making it accessible to traders of all experience levels. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, you can explore various options strategies and scenarios with ease.

While I'm mindful of the forum's guidelines regarding promotions, I believe this site offers genuine value to our trading community. It's not about endorsing a product but rather sharing a resource that could potentially enhance our trading strategies.

If you're interested in exploring new avenues for optimizing your options trading strategies, I encourage you to view the video below. And as always, feel free to share your thoughts or experiences with the platform here on the forum.

Here's to continued learning and growth in our trading journey.

Last edited:

newtrader101

Tradingview did not use to provide option charts. However, yesterday I found they are providing now.

However the cost differential is almost 3x. Trading view basic is 1700 p.m. Gocharting lite is 600 p.m only.
Some trading view features like risk based position sizing are not available on gocharting. However gocharting provides orderflow charts and special charts like Renko to Lite users as well, while tradingview does'nt. They also charge extra for Renko and other special charts.

Gocharting is Indian owned, based in Luxembourg. Tradingview is UK based.

Even in this age of Internet and meritocracy, many freelancing sites do not admit Indians or pay Indians (also people from other developing countries). For example sites like Medium and Constant content. Sites like Constant Content take application fee but reject articles. Many Indian writers continue to write on Medium in the hope of getting monetised someday, but they are not going to do it.

It's time for us to have our own answers to everything that the West provides. Unfortunately there isnt a single social media site from India yet.

Last edited: