DownLoading Complete Symbol List From Yahoo Finance Website

hi everyone iam new member in this forum .Ihave been watching this forum &found it quiet interesing. first of all let me tell u that i am not an expert like other members And not a active trader just a curious person likes to take part in some good discussion.
regarding symbol list of nse & bse comp for metastock i am attaching afile with extension .txt here. All u have todo is copy these files in c:/progfiles/equis/downloader . then change extension .txt to .sym .Run the downloader create new security. in create security dialog gofor symbol lookup. in symbol lookup dialog pull down first dropdown box here u will find recently copied files select any one. in symbol list select any to create multiple securitis at atime hold ctrl or shift key and select any no of securities press ok. in security dialog after setting first date press create . thats it all your securities will be created.
thanks to every expert in this forum contact me atmy email id is [email protected]

Hello,

Is there a script or program or method to take latest list of script codes in Yahoo. Especially, new scripts are getting added almost the other week.

Thanks in advance.
Vijay Nair

Dear John,
Thanks For The Good Spirit Of Sharing Things, Perticularly Ur Knowledge. I Too Am A Novice In The Field And Keep Coming To This This Sit For Such Tips.though I Knew The Method (as Given In Metastock Help), I Still Find People Wanting In IT AND APPRECIATE UR GESTURE.

God Bless And Regards.

Junky

karthikmarar

john123 said:
... regarding symbol list of nse & bse comp for metastock i am attaching afile with extension .txt here. All u have todo is copy these files in c:/progfiles/equis/downloader . then change extension .txt to .sym .Run the downloader create new security. in create security dialog gofor symbol lookup. in symbol lookup dialog pull down first dropdown box here u will find recently copied files select any one. in symbol list select any to create multiple securitis at atime hold ctrl or shift key and select any no of securities press ok. in security dialog after setting first date press create . thats it all your securities will be created.
Hi John

Thanks for the lists. I created the list of securites with the new symbols. Then I tried to download the Historical data form Yahoo site. I am using Hyper Trader's Plugin for downloading data form yahoo directing using Metastock Downloader. But the programme downloaded History of few stocks only. Is it that Yahoo is providing History for selected stocks only....or... any problem with the plugin. Any Idea?

regards

karthik

karthikmarar

Hi wastej

Yahoo has resumed providing Historical Data for selected stocks.. for example try the following link for historical data of ABB
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=ABB.NS.

For most of the NSE shares they have three months data. But for selected shares they are providing data from 2002/2003. They have historical data for very few BSE shares.

regards

karthik