Canara bank's canmoney.in

alroyraj

Hi,

This post has some very useful information about canmoney. Thanks to murthy and sunny1. I am thinking of opening an account with them. I am new to this and would be doing intraday trading. I have few queries:

1. Does canmoney allow short selling. what are the charges for it?
Yes it does. Chrages are the intraday brokerage rate @ 0.05 in option 1 brokerage scheme.
2. If I do margin trading with 5k per day, how much extra do they provide -20 k or 25k ?
With capital of 5k you can trade upto 25k because exposure is 5 times.
3. I am looking to do intraday trading with 5k per day, which brokerage plan should I go for ?
Option 1
NORMAL BROKERAGE OPTION (NBO)
4. How important is the software platform compared to the web-based one?

If you are trading at home and have a net connection or at your place of work with a personal laptop then a software is ideal otherwise go with the web version. Software version has typically streaming quotes and is faster in executing orders.

Also one more thing the minimum brokerage per share aggregate is Rs 20.Say if you trade several times in a particular share and the total brokerage in that share is less than Rs 20. Then minimum Rs 20 is charged.

Last edited:
First of all thanks to Sunny and Murthy for creating this informative thread. I have two questions.

First is, does Canmoney allow trading in all the scrips ? I have heard you can trade/buy only in 166 scrips. See these compressed links http://bit.ly/cwNJ7x http://bit.ly/aTYt34

And the second question is do they charge "special brokerage", like Angel, Motilal and Sharekhan et al, for stocks which are trading at say 100, 40 etc or under it ? Please answer the second question with example, supposing that you are buying a stocks which is trading at 9 Rs then what would the brokerage ?

Thanks

murthymsr

First is, does Canmoney allow trading in all the scrips ? I have heard you can trade/buy only in 166 scrips. See these compressed links http://bit.ly/cwNJ7x http://bit.ly/aTYt34
You can trade Intraday in the listed stocks only. However, you can buy-hold-sell any stock.

And the second question is do they charge "special brokerage", like Angel, Motilal and Sharekhan et al, for stocks which are trading at say 100, 40 etc or under it ? Please answer the second question with example, supposing that you are buying a stocks which is trading at 9 Rs then what would the brokerage ?

Thanks
There is no special charges for low priced stocks.
Visit: http://canmoney.in/ >> Products & Services >> Brokerage for more information.

As I did not trade in low priced stocks, I cannot give an example.

Hope this info is useful.

alroyraj

Thanks
Minimum brokerage (aggregate) per day per share is Rs 20. Thats what the CanMoney rep said. Its not like in other brokerages where the min brok is charged per order or per low priced share.:clap:

Last edited:

alroyraj

it is actually min. brokerage per trade.. not per share...
For Sharekhan, Geojit , RK Global and India Infoline but not for Canara. I enquired on the first day itself.
I spoke with the Bangalore main branch main guy.
These days I trade is one share actively just to check the rates first.
Unless you have traded this and seen seen them charge Rs 20 per trade, I think its min @s 20 per share.I was fresh out of having done a similar trade on a sub Rs 100 share, and the foll day I visited Canara, so was pretty thorough.
I asked him like say I trade IFCI which trades around Rs 50.
Buy some shares of IFCI
Buy 20 (No) X 50 (CMP) X 0.05%= 0.5
Sell 20 (No) X 52 (CMP) X 0.05% = 0.52
So Total Brokerage is = 0.5 + 0.52 = 1.02 or minimum Rs 20.
Hence brokerage is Rs 20.

I am trying to opt for on line trading
with canara bank
but after visiting taderji.com
now i understand that
canara bank's canmoney
are not providing 'online tading patform'
having all facilitys of
higher speed
online charting study

for begners of day tading
it is difficult to gerate high turnover
i suggest
instead they should allot good 'online tading platform'
on fee based
thank you

Today morning [28.08.2013] I tried to open canmoney.in and the site did not open, I was shocked as I was not able to post some trading scrips offline.
Canara Bank boasts of SOME TECHNOLOGY that they themselves don’t understand. Apart from the IE older versions, the trading platform does not open in explorers like FIREFOX , GOOGLE CHROME ETC. In

IE if you are using WINDOWS 8, you wont be able to trade in IE also.

The new trading platform opens in Firefox, but the Back Office does not open. The streaming is slow and often hangs. You cannot switch over here and there. For trades in BSE and NSE the commission and other charges are different.

Like other brokers , who charge singe i.e for both sale and purchase, they charge only one commission for same day trading, canara bank charges both sides.
If you talk to their helpdesk, all the guys are manning it or the guys who manage it don’t even know the basics of trading. They themselves don’t have a trading account and have ever traded in the stock. How can they compete among professionals

CANARA BANK EXPECTS its members to have OLD OBSOLETE COMPUTERS AND OS as it happens to use we think. In the recent shift over in the trading site
THEY OFFER FRQ’S. ARE WE SO BAD THAT WE ARE TECHNOLOGLY STARVED. SEE THEIR SITE, EVEN AN Amateur will design a good platform. CANARA BANK is STINGY , but it should be stingy where it should be like SPENDING FORTUNES ON ITS EXECUTIVES TRAVELLING , UNNECCESSARILY PARKING THEM HERE AND THERE, WRITING OFF LOTS OF BAD DEBTS JUST LIKE THAT AND AGAIN GIVING LOAN TO THE GUYS WHO HAVE ALREADY BLED THE BANK.

See the SHARE PRICE OF CANARA BANK, it will reach two digits shortly. CANARA BANK TRADING PLATFORM MAY BE OK FOR THE NEW TRADERS USING OLD AND RICKETY COMPUTERS WITH OBSOLETE OS.

It is a very average platform I have seen.

Today morning [28.08.2013] I tried to open canmoney.in and the site did not open, I was shocked :confused: as I was not able to post some trading scrips offline.
:confused:
Canara Bank boasts of SOME TECHNOLOGY that they themselves don’t understand. Apart from the IE older versions, the trading platform does not open in explorers like FIREFOX , GOOGLE CHROME ETC. In IE if you are using WINDOWS 8, you wont be able to trade in IE also.

The new trading platform opens in Firefox, but the Back Office does not open. The streaming is slow and often hangs. You cannot switch over here and there. For trades in BSE and NSE the commission and other charges are different.

Like other brokers , who charge singe i.e for both sale and purchase, they charge only one commission for same day trading, canara bank charges both sides.

If you talk to their helpdesk, all the guys are manning it or the guys who manage it don’t even know the basics of trading. They themselves don’t have a trading account and have ever traded in the stock. How can they compete among professionals

CANARA BANK EXPECTS its members to have OLD OBSOLETE COMPUTERS AND OS as it happens to use we think. In the recent shift over in the trading site

THEY OFFER FRQ’S. ARE WE SO BAD THAT WE ARE TECHNOLOGLY STARVED. SEE THEIR SITE, EVEN AN Amateur will design a good trading platform.

:rofl:

CANARA BANK is STINGY , but it should be stingy where it should be like SPENDING FORTUNES ON ITS EXECUTIVES TRAVELLING , UNNECCESSARILY PARKING THEM HERE AND THERE, WRITING OFF LOTS OF BAD DEBTS JUST LIKE THAT AND AGAIN GIVING LOAN TO THE GUYS WHO HAVE ALREADY BLED THE BANK.

See the SHARE PRICE OF CANARA BANK, it will reach two digits shortly. CANARA BANK TRADING PLATFORM MAY BE OK FOR THE NEW TRADERS USING OLD AND RICKETY COMPUTERS WITH OBSOLETE OS.

:confused::rofl:
It is a very average platform I have seen.