Canara bank's canmoney.in

Hi!
Can any body explain me the different columns in day trading guides of canmoney?

Secondly, I think they have revised the brokerage charges, charge on both legs & in full percentage. What is the effective brokerage (with tax & duties) for intraday/delivery & future without any option i.e. normal plan?

Sunny, I read somewhere you trade in future, can u pls guide me little bit about it.

Thanks

Sunny1

Hi!
Can any body explain me the different columns in day trading guides of canmoney?

Secondly, I think they have revised the brokerage charges, charge on both legs & in full percentage. What is the effective brokerage (with tax & duties) for intraday/delivery & future without any option i.e. normal plan?

Sunny, I read somewhere you trade in future, can u pls guide me little bit about it.

Thanks

R1, S1 , R2, S2 ARE SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE LEVELS , AND OTHER RSI , MOV AVERAGE ETC. ARE TECHNICAL TERMS
THERE LOT OF THREADS IN THIS FORUM ABOUT THESE YOU CAN SEARCH & READ.

i HAVE NOT CHECKED THE EXACT BROKERAGE WITH TAX & DUTIES

FUTURE : WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS???

murthymsr

Hi sunny,

My CANROYAL logs me out exactly after every 30 minutes. Suspect it to be a server forced log out. However Immediate login is possible. What is your experience?

This may have a bearing to the settings within the TradeAnyWhere application.

Thanks for your valuable sharing of experience.

murthymsr
Hi sunny and all,

However, I have to add now that it has not happened in the last few months, may be an initial problem. Looks like their system is stabilized.

And Happy new year 2010.

murthymsr

I have opened canmoney account a month ago an i feel it is good and till now have not faced any problem.

But i have some doubt in Order term

I am using only Day till now
What is the use of EOS and IOC here and how to use ?

Please help

murthymsr

I have opened canmoney account a month ago an i feel it is good and till now have not faced any problem.

But i have some doubt in Order term

I am using only Day till now
What is the use of EOS and IOC here and how to use ?

Please help
Hi
Welcome to Traderji & to CanMoney.

Is your package web based or software based?

IOC means Immediate Or Cancel. The limit order is executed Immediately, if a matching order is found. If a matching order is not found immediately, it will be cancelled (otherwise, the order is kept open till end of day). I do not know how immediate (How many seconds or minutes) is this immediate. Of course, so far I have not placed this type of order.

EOS is an order type available in BSE only, and I have no knowledge.

murthymsr

Hi,

This post has some very useful information about canmoney. Thanks to murthy and sunny1. I am thinking of opening an account with them. I am new to this and would be doing intraday trading. I have few queries:

1. Does canmoney allow short selling. what are the charges for it?
2. If I do margin trading with 5k per day, how much extra do they provide -20 k or 25k ?
3. I am looking to do intraday trading with 5k per day, which brokerage plan should I go for ?
4. How important is the software platform compared to the web-based one?

murthymsr

This post has some very useful information about canmoney. Thanks to murthy and sunny1. I am thinking of opening an account with them. I am new to this and would be doing intraday trading. I have few queries:
Welcome, ujjwal to traderji.

1. Does canmoney allow short selling. what are the charges for it?
yes, you can go long or short.

2. If I do margin trading with 5k per day, how much extra do they provide -20 k or 25k ?
3. I am looking to do intraday trading with 5k per day, which brokerage plan should I go for ?
Visit:
http://canmoney.in/Brokerage.asp

for brokerages and the complete web site for all required info about CanMoney. The 3-in-1 linked account is very convenient.

4. How important is the software platform compared to the web-based one?
The trading software is not essential to do trading, though it is of great help. With the web version itself, you will get portfolio view with live quotes.

I use the sw version and do not have much experience with the web version. I have very rarely faced problems with CanMoney and the HelpDesk is very supportive when needed.

And finally, one word about the trading with just 5k per day. The amount may be too small and will not allow you to carryover positions overnight.

Fell at home to ask for more info, if required.

Please be careful and all the best.

murthymsr

murthymsr

What is overnight position carryover?
If you buy/sell a future like minifty in the morning and do not sell/buy the same to close the open position before end of trading of that day, the position is carried over to next trading day.

If there is a substancial gap up / gap down in the next day's opening, your 5k is already spent up to buy the future and further margin amount will be required.

But if you close all positions before end of day, this situation may not occur. But if there is a major movement by evening opposite to your position and you feel that next day's market condition may be in your favour, you may like to keep your position open.

In certain unexpected emergencies like power failure before your closing your position etc., overnight carryover of position may take place, even if you did not intend to carry forward your position.

I have written in a matter of abundant caution, which one has to take, particularly those with low starting capital.

All the best.

murthymsr