Zerodha's NestPlus charts wrong by miles !!!

Yes, I had to remove the pic, as the max uploads Traderji is allowing me is 100KB. I had to remove my last file (which I didn't want to) to upload more screenshots :(

Yes, should this be escalated with MCX? I have to figure out how...

sach007

Impatient Trader
Yes, I had to remove the pic, as the max uploads Traderji is allowing me is 100KB. I had to remove my last file (which I didn't want to) to upload more screenshots :(

I think first you can escalate this with ZERODHA.... thr their COMPLIANCE OFFICER....

I think this is the right channel... I mean it should go thr channel.

I am not much aware about the PROCESS.... others who have much about knowledge about.. can help here.

sach007

Impatient Trader

Pankaj you can upload the PICs.. on other IMAGE HOSTING sites... and LINK them here....

No need to UPLOAD to TRADERJI....

Or USE LIGHTSHOT... its great tool.

Upload the images on an external website and paste the link here. Check my signature for instructions.

I think first you can escalate this with ZERODHA.... thr their COMPLIANCE OFFICER....

I think this is the right channel... I mean it should go thr channel.
If Zerodha can do something about this situation and compensate him I will be really surprised and i will personally give a award/prize to Zerodha for being the best broker in the world.

But we all know this is not going to happen. They will brush this issue aside by giving some excuse saying something like it is beyond our control and it was your risk to put on the trade.

Best thing he can do right now is get a decent data feed and set enough room for SL.

sach007

Impatient Trader
If Zerodha can do something about this situation and compensate him I will be really surprised and i will personally give a award/prize to Zerodha for being the best broker in the world.

But we all know this is not going to happen. They will brush this issue aside by giving some excuse saying something like it is beyond our control and it was your risk to put on the trade.

Best thing he can do right now is get a decent data feed and set enough room for SL.

I dont know how you are KEEPING your GUN on ZERODHA...

You can CHECK on EXCHANGE that TRADE is HAPPENED.... and its been VERIFIED on MCX..... so even it is ANY BROKER... if such thing HAPPENING with a EXCHANGE... no BROKER can do anything... this is MY view.

I think....as the TRADE is HAPPENED in REALITY....

One should make a COMPLAINT thr' ZERODHA... and ZERODHA should FIRMLY FOLLOW this FURTHER.

And what is question of DATAFEED comes.. here....?

COZ even OFFICIAL VENDOR... GDFL... data also NOT showing the PRICE at which TRADE is HAPPENED at that time...but the REALITY is TRADE is HAPPENED.

I have written the details and snapshots to Zerodha, and requested them to investigate and then take it up with MCX. I am not asking compensation, but have asked them to take this up so as to retain Trader's Confidence.

sach007

Impatient Trader
I have written the details and snapshots to Zerodha, and requested them to investigate and then take it up with MCX. I am not asking compensation, but have asked them to take this up so as to retain Trader's Confidence.

Yes Pankaj.... thats the right approach... at this Moment...

Raghuveer

This is a well known situation. Trader puts SL at x but SL is hit before chart reaches x. Data table shows x plus or minus 1 or 2. This situation has also been discussed several times. See Zerodha thread for one such discussion (don't remember link).

As per my understanding of explanation given by Zerodha: For example if 10,000 trades take place in a given second, exchange does not transmit to brokers/vendors all 10,000 trades that happened. Less than 10,000 trades are transmitted, say 8 thousand (again for example). The 2 thousand trades not transmitted can contain trades at any price, usually within 1 or 2 points of high/low for that second/minute. This is a fundamental limitation of exchange, not of any Data table/Chart of any broker or datafeed vendor.

Can exchange transmit ALL data? Can brokers/data vendors forward ALL ticks to trading terminal/chart? Can retail traders like us handle ALL ticks (bandwidth and software problems etc)? Any one knows ??

A first step is for exchange to provide updated intraday 1min OHLC at eod.
A second step is to update intraday 1min OHLC at every 5min interval.
Eventually updated OHLC every 10 seconds or so.

Until then we should expect occasional SL hits within 1 or 2 points of data shown in chart/table. Options get hit like this the most as they are the most volatile.

My knowledge is very limited, someone more knowledgeable is welcome to point out mistakes and give more info.