Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Ok. One more query on the same topic. Will the span calculator work only for the Nifty's futures and options' segment or will we be able to use it for currency, commodities and so on's futures and options also?

If yes we can, then will it show the margin requirements of these segments also on the overnight basis? Will the 40% intraday margin rule apply to these segments as well?

Thanks
It will work for all.. For currency no leverage.. For commodities, leverage given is 2 times(50%)

Zerodha

How do I add the spot NIFTY under Zeodha? Under what name is it listed? I can only see the NIFTY future under the NFO tab..
You can't add nifty index on marketwatch. You can add it on the index box.

Press ctrl +I, you will see a white box on top of marketwatch. right click and select show indices dialogue , Right click on the index you want to add and say add index...

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Today I made a short sell of few stocks using MIS order.. I expected the positions to get auto squared off at 3.20 pm but it did not happen..Can I please know the reason. When and for what price will the stocks be bought in an auction..

Can you please throw more light on the auction process. Does is happen during the market hours? The stock will be bought at market price? what is the penalty?how much margin will be blocked till the short sold stock are bought in the auction.
Ideally the onus is on you to square off any intraday position if you are short margin, we typically do it for you, but the onus is still on u... The auction process usually takes T+3 days and will happen based on the price on the T+3 day..

Zerodha

hi,

today my 6 positions not auto-squared off... these are short positions .. when it will be squared off...??? this is software problem ?? any fine ???

pls reply

thanks
Out of the 6 I guess only 1 is short position and that too just a very small quantity..But Guru, please square off these positions on your own before 3.10pm on NOW and before 3.20pm on Zerodha Trader..

Zerodha

Like me....Most of you tracking the post will be disappointed after what I am going to say now....I just called up Zerodha support today to confirm the launch of ZT mobile and guess what I was told.....Hold on to your horses guys...ZT mobile will not be launched atleast until 1st week of January :mad:...so those who thought the launch is this week have become April fools, a good six months in advance.....

Like I always say, Zerodha is worst when it comes to learning from its mistakes....yet again they have given a promise which is not going to be fulfilled...and they are doing that after every 2 weeks, since last one year....

Zerodha/Sachin, any comments?
Guys/Girls,

We are just waiting for exchange approval, it is like waiting for an interview call for a govt job.. It can be any day.. I have spoken to the guy who told you this and he probably was trying to be safe by giving you a date far away.. Have spoken and advised him not to give a date.. It could be anytime now..

Guys/Girls,

We are just waiting for exchange approval, it is like waiting for an interview call for a govt job.. It can be any day.. I have spoken to the guy who told you this and he probably was trying to be safe by giving you a date far away.. Have spoken and advised him not to give a date.. It could be anytime now..
Basically he was right then, doesn't look like we are it will be until 2013.....and I appreciate that he was conservative and not over committing the dates...Infact Sachin, I would say you need to learn from this from him...:D

columbus

Problem is with MTM.It should be (LTP-OPEN)*Lot.

Mostly I deal with Options ,which is hardly few hundred rupees.
Even if you take LTP as ZERO (for example sake) ,MTM can not be in lakhs for single lot.
Some times my MTM is shown as more than -2,50,000 Rs.I will post a
screen shot later on ,as I squared my lots.

I never faced this problem in NOW.

megapixel

Zerodha To Do List
-------------------
Zerodha Trader HTML version.
Zerodha Mobile Platform.
Zerodha Bracket Order facility for Equities.

guys add to this list If I missed anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.