Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Are you admitting auto-square off sometimes does not work ? Please immediately you need to fix this software bug.

This is going to be dangerous if a user purchased 1000 barrels of crude oil using leverage .....somehow/accidentally he missed to square off ....auto-square off failed at 6 PM on expiry day .......bingo.

He has to supply 1000 barrel crude oil ....omg ...its scarey :)

please fix this bug at the earliest.
MP, :) .. Crude is cash settled contract..So no delivery happens of the underlying..

That apart, small issue with NOW yesterday for equity MIS square offs.. We have spoken to NOW and fixed it... That said, the onus is still on the trader to square off positions for which he has taken leverage..

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I have a question. Suppose I buy 1 lot Nifty Futdx at market price and MIS order.
Next I want to square off the position by selling 1 lot Nifty Futdx and I press F2 to sell and by default its NRML order and without changing to MIS if I place a Sell order at say 20 points higher than my buy price and this NRML order is executed.
Now when I check net positions by pressing F11, I have two orders 1 buy as MIS and another sell as NRML order.

How can I convert executed NRML order to MIS or vice versa and what is the procedure to do so..
Also if I convert executed NRML as MIS will this square off my open positions as its met with equal qty buy and sell even before auto square off time at 3.20 PM

Thank you.
@shri, you got the basics right..

You can convert either, just to ensure that both entry and exit is either MIS or NRML...

To convert, you can either do it from trade book( but if it is a trade carried from yesterday you can't) or else use the admin positions f11. Click on the position you want to convert and then click position conversion..

Zerodha

Dear Friends,

The festive season is here and the National Stock Exchange has decided to have a special live trading session for all Gold ETFs on this auspicious occasion. We at Zerodha have decided to gift our customers a brokerage-free day for Dhanteras - this means that you can buy/sell all the Gold ETFs you wish to on November 11, 2012 without having to pay any brokerage for your trades.

The Market will be open from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM (only for Gold ETFs - nothing else will trade on this day)
More information is available in this link as per the NSE circular: http://nseindia.com/content/circulars/CMTR22063.pdf

Here's wishing all of you a very Happy Diwali!

Team Zerodha

columbus

Dear Friends,

The festive season is here and the National Stock Exchange has decided to have a special live trading session for all Gold ETFs on this auspicious occasion. We at Zerodha have decided to gift our customers a brokerage-free day for Dhanteras - this means that you can buy/sell all the Gold ETFs you wish to on November 11, 2012 without having to pay any brokerage for your trades.

The Market will be open from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM (only for Gold ETFs - nothing else will trade on this day)
More information is available in this link as per the NSE circular: http://nseindia.com/content/circulars/CMTR22063.pdf

Here's wishing all of you a very Happy Diwali!

Team Zerodha
Persons doing trading in F&O are eligible ???

Zerodha:-

Out of the 6 I guess only 1 is short position and that too just a very small quantity..But Guru, please square off these positions on your own before 3.10pm on NOW and before 3.20pm on Zerodha Trader..

sir,

thanks for your reply..

ztrader square-off is based on now software or its different square-off time...
(if nsenow has problem of square-off (in future), it will reflect in zerodhatrader... or its different)

on 5th november ztrader squared off correctly?

pls reply

thanks

megapixel

Source:http://articles.economictimes.india...1_physical-gold-gold-etfs-gold-coins-and-bars
Gold ETF

Benefits: Gold ETFs provide an opportunity to investors to accumulate gold over a given period of time. Since it can be purchased in small quantities, one can plan the procurement as per future requirements, say, for the marriage of children, etc.

Moreover, there is no risk of theft and one need not worry about the storage cost (as in case of physical gold) because such units are held in demat or paper form. In the case of physical gold, one ends up paying extra for making charges as well, but there is no extra charge applicable in gold ETFs. When needed, one can exchange them in multiples of 1 kg units of 0.995 purity.

Besides, unlike gold coins and bars, for which most jewellers offer only an exchange and not a buyback, gold ETFs can be sold at transparent prices across India. Even in terms of taxation benefits, gold ETFs are way ahead of the physical gold. No sales tax, VAT or securities transaction tax is applicable on gold ETFs. As units of such funds are traded like stocks on the exchange, it is eligible for the long-term capital gains after one year, unlike physical gold, which is eligible for long-term capital gains after three years. Besides, unlike physical gold, investors don't have to pay wealth tax on gold ETFs.

Drawbacks: Most of the above-mentioned advantages come at a cost in the case of gold ETFs. A small asset management fee is charged by the fund house, so the return is slightly less than the actual increase in the gold price. Moreover, there are additional costs involved at the time of buying and selling in the form of brokerage or commission. Another drawback with gold ETFs is liquidity; some ETFs are illiquid, which impacts their buying and selling flexibility. Hence, investors should consider this as a factor while investing in gold ETFs and should stick to funds that are liquid.

where to check ETF price listing ? any link ?

megapixel

Hi Zerodha

If I buy 2 lots NIFTY CE and 2 lots NIFTY PE to form an Option Strategy , how much brokerage I have to pay ?

Query 1
Can I purchase this in one trade paying 20 Rs as Brokerage ?

OR
I need two separate trade here spending 20 * 2 = 40 Rs ?

checking out if there is a possibility to save brokerages in Option Strategy.

Query 2
Also ....Is there any separate Order Entry screen to build Option Strategy in Zerodha Trader ?

Status
Not open for further replies.