Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi zerodha,

pls clarify about price and trigger price.

For example,

dlf cmp - 137

i want to buy if it cross above 138.
So i put order as:-

order type - sl
price - 138.05
tr.price - 138.05

when dlf cross above 138 .. Its not executed. Order shows "open"

how we put order if dlf cross above 138..

Pls clarify.

Pls tell, in zerodha any tamil speaking person. Pls give their mobile number or email id

thanks
Guru,

In your case what could have happened is when price goes to 138.05, your SL buy order gets triggered and a limit order to buy at 138.05 is sent to the exchange..

If the market goes up in a hurry, 138.05 can become a limit order..

There are 2 things you can use:

1. use SL-M, in which case if trigger is hit at 138.05, a market order to buy is sent..If sl-m not enabled for u, send an email to [email protected]

2. if you are using SL order, keep trigger at 138.05 and keep a higher buying order, so keep limit order at say 138.5 or something..

But SL-M is always the best way to do this.. Check this blog for more http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/stop-loss-orders-limit-market

Brill

Hello zerodha and TJ friends,
i don't trade F&O and trade only cash intrday trading so I want to know that Rules of section 44 AD is applicable for Cash intraday trading and will i get the notice from IT? and should i fill the ITR-4 because i am trading only intraday in cash ?

Thanks
Zerodha kindly clarify above. I am also a day trader in cash only.

Zerodha

Hello zerodha and TJ friends,
i don't trade F&O and trade only cash intrday trading so I want to know that Rules of section 44 AD is applicable for Cash intraday trading and will i get the notice from IT? and should i fill the ITR-4 because i am trading only intraday in cash ?

Thanks
When you are trading in cash for intraday, it is considered as speculative business, but it is still a business. So if you are a person who is actively trading cash, you still need to use the ITR-4 and 44AD also applies...

The thing with cash intraday trading is that since it is speculative, losses can be set off against only speculative gains and not against any other business income..

Hi Sachin, any more highlights about the winners of your Challenge?

Since you are talking to people, what pattern do you see.
Are people who are winning have an alternate source of income, or do they solely depend on income from trading?
Also, Whats the ratio of Intraday traders to Swing traders?

I know these stats may not be available except thorugh verbal communication with the winners, hence you may be knowing these things.

Also, Please take a look at the PM I have sent you.

columbus

Price Ladder

Price ladder default value is 0.05 with volumes at that price.
This may be OK in case of some OPTIONS.
But it is not highly warranted in case of NIFTY or BANKNIFTY because
the change ,often seen is more than ONE point.( In PRICE LADDER it amounts to 20 places).
Why can't you introduce a PRICE LADDER of ONE POINT.(You can drop volumes).
The finer the sampling interval means more chances of false signal.

Many people on this forumn love to paint the negative picture always , to all negative people on traderji , stop crying and work hard on your trading skills only way to success in trading to to have small failures 1st then you improve on them , i dont know any successful trader who has not failed , if youll give up go to a corner and keep quiet dont infect other , sorry for the strong words but what i have said is true and painful to hear.
dude, no one is being negative, that is very very positive thing, u have to have tht breakup to get immensely wealthy, otherwise trading wld just be like accounting, u get me?

i would not be interested in this vocation EVER if say half the ppl made it

small failures at first??? i already accounted for tht in my estimate, even majority of the pros will fail AFTER being successful, this is FACT not negativity.

AND its good, otherwise no one could aspire to make a 1000 crores say in this field .............. trading is the final frontier, mostly everyone successful gets to it, either thru money managers, self trading or w/e, with so many ppl coming in, im for the dead money in the field

Vik, answers to your questions:

India is still not the place where you can let an algo run completely automated because of the liquidity issues. I'd suggest, keep it semi automated, see how it goes and let us know when you want to completely automate it..

Thanks for all those replies, keeping the spirit of the thread alive.

Actually i dont use algos or EA's or anything, i look at price action, and since the shape of the candle, break pts etc, change ....... cause in TDP they are pricing all the ticks at the same price as one tick and in UDP each tick is unique, just tells me what to expect of the data.

Personally, i dont think a program can trade this market at the retail level, even if they have the same speed, HFT is different to from algos, its just the best servers tht front run ur orders, no piece of code can react to human emotions, arbs is a different story, but then access to speed capital becomes a big edge.

I like the amibroker charts, i think the speed caN suffice for me w one click
)NISM ),

Anyway thanks, i ll shoot u an email in a week (on vacation), going to start on Zerodha first week Sept.

Cheers!

I find Nicky Taleb (Fooled by Randomness) quite useless for any kind of trading knowledge, don't know what people see in the book other than some mild entertainment.

My last post derailing the thread, apologies,

It provides a construct, it lets u know that, what u think has been profitable for u the past two years, might be just luck, like a disclaimer to trading

depends on what u think is useful (has no bolinger band, candlesticks etc, has nothing technicaL, ie this book will not show u how to pick winners lol), but i think it should be required reading for any aspiring trader.

Cause a lot of us are fooled a lot of the time in this game.

P.S. How many trades sample size would u suggest is enough to validate ur still perceived edge? 100, 1000, 10,000? No one in the world knows the answer to that question. Some ppl think backtesting for 5 years, or 10 years can substitute a forward edge .... who knows? The context again is, a lot of us are fooled. THIS is good to know when u enter a profession tht can wipe u out for life.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.