Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

HI KSP please post you photo with adreess proof with ID card 10 th and 12 th marksheet agreement of your house and electricity bill your birth certificate also income tax return , registration of marriage if u are married

Other wise ZERO DHA WILL blame me that i have made another ID asking for same query

Any one on this forum if ask margins he blames me for it saying i am the only one with diff Id from now on I have decided to ask the person prove his existence if he asks for margins :clapping:

DO u also want to sell options by the was u know as of now accrding to zerodha i am the only peson in the world who sell options against Demat stocks:rofl:

people are annoyed when tough questions are asked
Dude,

:confused: I never said we don't provide margins, we do.. Not an online module thats it..

We have 100's of clients who use this facility. They send an email to pledge, we do it and in turn they get margins to do whatever..

But we try to be 100% compliant, we cannot take a pledge unless the stock is already in the demat.. If other brokers are practising this hmmm.. then I guess they are not compliant with NSE rules..

Zerodha

Zerodha,

One day I am receiving ECN the other day I have to request for it. Not getting ECN from you is a regular facility of Zerodha now. Please do something.

It's irritating to shout and send mails to you daily for ECN. :mad:
There were 2 days in the last 10 when we had an issue with email server, but otherwise there should be no issue. If this is pertaining do let me know..

Zerodha

@Zerodha,

Today is the my first day with Zerodha Nest Trader. I noticed a serious flaw in it. When I logged out and re-logged into the terminal, all the previous entries in tradebook and orderbook are disappeared.

This prevents us to modify or cancel orders.

Please do the needful ASAP.
This could be because you were not logged in properly, can happen when there is internet fluctuation..

When this happens click ctrl + P, go to general, and click reconcile

summasumma

Hi Zerodha,

Can you pls provide the link which helps in knowing the margin-requirement for going SHORT in STOCK OPTIONS before entering the trade?
I am using nowonline.
If its available in backoffice or now.exe also fine. Pls let me know as i dont want to enter write option without knowing the margin requirement for that expiry/strikerate...

Thanks,
...summasumma

Hi Zerodha,

Can you pls provide the link which helps in knowing the margin-requirement for going SHORT in STOCK OPTIONS before entering the trade?
I am using nowonline.
If its available in backoffice or now.exe also fine. Pls let me know as i dont want to enter write option without knowing the margin requirement for that expiry/strikerate...

Thanks,
...summasumma
Login to the Zerodha Backoffice. There you will find the link "SPAN MARGIN" on the right hand side in Download section.

In the Backoffice main page itself, go through the "Margin Policies" listed under the "Zerodha Information" section.

Alternatively the margin policies is also available at "Zerodha Policies & Procedures" available under "Zerodha Policies" on Zerodha Download section (https://www.zerodha.com/download/index.html).

Last edited:

comm4300

Login to the Zerodha Backoffice. There you will find the link "SPAN MARGIN" on the right hand side in Download section.

In the Backoffice main page itself, go through the "Margin Policies" listed under the "Zerodha Information" section.

Alternatively the margin policies is also available at "Zerodha Policies & Procedures" available under "Zerodha Policies" on Zerodha Download section (https://www.zerodha.com/download/index.html).
SPAN margin has the margin requirement for Futures. Assuming that margin is same for options - there is certainly some difference when it comes to OTMs and far OTM option strikes.

One way of knowing the margin is by using what if analysis [Alt+W key] in NOW/Ztrader. But, you'd be able to do it only at EOD to know margin for overnight position.

NOW used to show our net position and M 2 M profit /loss in view position window. In Nest Trader I did not see any Net Position window......we have to see the orderbook, and from that we see buy position/ sell position and Net position.....also it does not show profit/loss till all positions are squared off...

Is there an easy way to see net position and M To M on that position ?

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Do long positions get squared off too, in case MTM loss falls below Span Margin or total margin available?
Lets say, I have 30k in my MCX account and I buy Oct Crude at 5450. Assuming Oct Crude is at 5000, that leaves my MTM at Rs.45000. What happens in a scenario like that? Position gets squared off by Zerodha or you send reminders followed by your musclemen to collect the outstanding ;) ?

NOW used to show our net position and M 2 M profit /loss in view position window. I Nest Trader I did not see any Net Position window......we have to see the orderbook, and from that we see buy position/ sell position and Net position.....also it does not show profit/loss till all positions are squared off...

Is there an easy way to see net position and M To M on that position ?

Smart_trade
I thought F11(Admin Positions) shows all positions including MTM in realtime. There is a column called MarktoMarket under Net Positions which shows all positions for current day and open positions from previous days with MTM. Previous days MTM can show some arbitrary figure based on current days opening price, but intraday MTM are accurate to the paisa.

TradeBook(F8) also shows TBQ and TSQ along with Buy Avg and Sell Avg with Profit/Loss MTM for the current day.

Status
Not open for further replies.