Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Let's quote an example. I have 2 l shares. Let's say haircut is 20 %. So I will get 1.6 lac limit for trading and I don't have to close positions intraday. I want to buy 4 lots nifty. I can do that and hold till expiry? No xtra charges?
Yes, no need to close positions intraday. But you need to have some cash in your account to cover for any MTM losses.

The cost of pledge/unpledge per stock is around Rs 55. No charge other than that.

Zerodha

This is a strange complaint, niftyexceltrader. For all their faults, I haven't heard or seen any financial golmaal from Zerodha. Please post the details here and then let's hear from Zerodha about it.

Please understand that a lot of members here are using Zerodha's services, including myself, and find your accusations unsettling. Do us all a favor and post the details.
I guess a lot of you have been trading with us for over 4 years to know that something like this cannot happen. Can't really comment on this without the client ID.

Zerodha

@Zerodha ,
1.In 60 day challenge so far , what was the maximum gain traders achieved ? i.e 100 % , 260 % etc....
2.If my challenge ends in June 15 when will the results be published ? only in July ?
3.How many days does it take to credit the brokerage to the trader's a/c once the challenge period over ?
Thanks
1. Will share this soon.
2. Takes around 2 weeks.
3. Same around 2 weeks.

columbus

Mostly 2nd half of this Monday (4/5/15) PI was down.I closed my positions
using your WEB application.Was this faced by others also?I just could not

gunavadhi

Hi zerodha and other seniors here.today i placed a SL-M sell order for SILVER15JULYFUTURES at 38290 for 10 lots when the market price was 38320.The price came down and when price went to 38260, i checked my tradebook.2 lots sold at 38288.thats all.when i checked my order book it says 2 lots traded and remaining 8 lots order is OPEN.then i cancelled that order and again placed a sell order and got the remaining 8 lots sold.what im assuming till now is if i place a SL-M sell order at 38290, when the price reach 38290 the order is placed as market order.if it is correct then 10 lots should be sold there or if the rate jumped to 38260,then at least at 38260 which i seen.but that not happened here.so how i should place the orders? pl help.

bpr

Hi zerodha and other seniors here.today i placed a SL-M sell order for SILVER15JULYFUTURES at 38290 for 10 lots when the market price was 38320.The price came down and when price went to 38260, i checked my tradebook.2 lots sold at 38288.thats all.when i checked my order book it says 2 lots traded and remaining 8 lots order is OPEN.then i cancelled that order and again placed a sell order and got the remaining 8 lots sold.what im assuming till now is if i place a SL-M sell order at 38290, when the price reach 38290 the order is placed as market order.if it is correct then 10 lots should be sold there or if the rate jumped to 38260,then at least at 38260 which i seen.but that not happened here.so how i should place the orders? pl help.
you are right . the SL-M should have executed all lots regardless of slippage.
Lets see what zerodha replies.

in pi charts volumes of past days is wrong in 5 min charts it is showing volume as 1000 on 17/4 12.30 candlein nifty ft how is this possible all the volume figures are lesser than right. pl corresct this data:annoyed: