Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Don't open an account with these guys - they talk of Rs 20/- flat but have many other hidden charges which will be simply deducted from your account.
What hidden charges ?? Please explain in detail. I have been their customer for 3 years and haven't really seen any hanky panky in accounting ..

Raghuveer

Don't open an account with these guys - they talk of Rs 20/- flat but have many other hidden charges which will be simply deducted from your account.
There are no hidden charges. I am customer and I have not seen or heard of hidden charges.

Zerodha put a brokerage calculator on their website for all to use.
Please post a contract note so that we can all see what hidden charges have been deducted.

You joined in January 2015 and have 4 posts so far and in 2 of these posts you praise and recommend RKSV. In one post you accuse Zerodha of hidden charges without giving any details.

VJAY

Yes yes, will post the contract note.

Surprised, there are so many Zerodha company people posting here...
If anyone here talked good about zerodha not means he his company guy..:D
raghuveer is one of respected member of TJ....

columbus

Earlier ,I saw change in quotes after 3.30 in PI.Today I faced
a reverse problem ,that is ,quotes stopped at 3.29.30pm.These is as per your
clock only.

Yes yes, will post the contract note.

Surprised, there are so many Zerodha company people posting here...
Will wait for the contract note posted by you here. Make sure that all the verifiable details are posted so that we can query zerodha about them, if necessary.

I have had issues with zerodha and continue to have issues, but accounting/hidden charges etc. aren't among them.

Hi friends,

This is a petition initiated by Nithin Kamath which is given in zerodha monthly updates email. Please support this.
Me too still a loss bearing trader and fall under 8% profit... Do support.

Here is the link to sign petition
https://www.change.org/p/minister-o...m_campaign=Updates+at+Zerodha+-+February+2015

Here is petition details.
Exclude Business of trading in securities and derivatives from Section 44AD
Nithin Kamath
India

Section 44AD requires books to be audited if the profit made in a financial year is less than 8% of turnover while trading on Indian exchanges. This causes unnecessary burden and an eventual non - compliance by most small retail traders and investors

Firstly, turnover in reality is not the contract turnover but the sum of settlement profit and losses. So if 100 x Nifty is bought at 8500 and sold at 8510, the turnover is Rs 1000 ( the profit made on this trade) and not Rs 1710000 ( 8500x100 + 8510x100). Sum of all such profits and losses make up for the total turnover in a financial year.

Trading on exchanges is unlike other businesses. It is not a mainstream profession, and most people who participate have other businesses or jobs.
Unlike other businesses, turnover and profits are not co-related. A significant majority of traders (over 95%) make profits lesser than 8% of the turnover generated.

Problem

Because of Section 44AD, 95% of the trading population who are mainly middle class and below, and who don't trade the markets professionally are forced to maintain books of accounts and have them audited by a CA. The cost of auditing paid to the CA (between Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000) is a further burden to the investor/trader.
Ignorance of Book keeping, and not being able to afford the audit fees, most people end up not declaring their trading activity while filing Income tax returns, taking an even bigger risk without realizing the repercussions in case of an IT scrutiny.

Petition

Section 44AB (audit required if turnover more than Rs 1 crore) ensures that anyone trading the markets professionally has to maintain books and have it audited by a CA.

But Section 44AD is causing unnecessary burden to the retail, small investor and trading community, further shrinking the already minuscule retail participation in capital markets.

By excluding trading in securities and derivatives market from section 44AD, you will not only be helping grow the Indian capital markets, but will also help exponentially increase compliance of the small investor/trader while filing IT returns.

Regards.

hello i would like to ask some questions.i am a zerodha member from 8 months
is there any limit on how much money can i keep in my zerodha account?
second question is should i have to pay income tax on profit?

To day I received a mail from zerodha (all the zerodha's customer should have too)

//Greetings from Zerodha! We've partnered with TradersCockpit.com, a cloud-based Technical Analysis website based in India to offer you a better trading experience.

TradersCockpit has some features which we've listed below:
Advanced Charts: Live Cash/Future/Options Charts (Minute/Day/Week/Monthly Candles)
Technical & Fundamental Screeners: SMS and Email alerts on saved screeners
Huge watchlist of 500 scrips and tools like GANN Square of 9, Fibonacci, Pivots calculator for important daily levels
Options Module: 50+ ready-made option strategies, custom options strategy builder and much more

Strategy Labs: Create Trading Strategies/Systems, Backtest and Optimise EOD and Intraday Trading Strategies

Receive Buy/Sell Alerts on sms/email/web for your Live Strategies and Screeners
They've made an introductory offer for all Zerodha users:

Take a subscription for one year of service and get an additional 3 months free.//

Does this mean THE END of Innovations to Pi software that branded as "India's most advanced trading platform by Zerodha"

What tradersCockpit provides is what was expected of Pi and much more, to be what it was claimed to be, as "India's most advanced trading platform"

Just wondering