Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

If this is about Z5, then it seems to run ok for me in Linux. Its not very good for charting though and we are waiting for their inhouse software - Pi which will hopefully support Linux.
@Zerodha - Does Pi support Linux?

You can consider using some online chart like icharts on linux + Z5 for ordering. i think icharts should work as they use java plugin but i have never used it.

Else use ZT/Nest on windows. Nest isnt very good either but works and has more stuff than Z5.
Hi, I'm also a dedicated Linux Mint 17 user & dread going back to Windows for anything. So, is their web platform stable enough to trade smaller timeframes? Typically, I deal in pending orders so I hope I'll be able to work with the web platform, what do you think? Does it work well with Firefox in Linux? I don't mind getting a MT4 package for my charting needs but Zerodha's web platform should at least be stable enough to do trade-related stuff efficiently.

How about the mobile version? Or should I get a tablet? Any recommendations?

If Zerodha cannot have linux version of Pi, atleast they should have their experts upload a workable pet/pack with WINE.
@ Zerodha, any chance of this happening?

Zerodha

To day I received a mail from zerodha (all the zerodha's customer should have too)

//Greetings from Zerodha! We've partnered with TradersCockpit.com, a cloud-based Technical Analysis website based in India to offer you a better trading experience.

Does this mean THE END of Innovations to Pi software that branded as "India's most advanced trading platform by Zerodha"

What tradersCockpit provides is what was expected of Pi and much more, to be what it was claimed to be, as "India's most advanced trading platform"

Just wondering
Suresh, some of the existing users of traderscockpit wanted the bridge similar to what we have for Amibroker, and hence this tie up. We are strengthening our technology team, so no need to worry on if we are stopping work on that front.

Zerodha

Hi, I'm also a dedicated Linux Mint 17 user & dread going back to Windows for anything. So, is their web platform stable enough to trade smaller timeframes? Typically, I deal in pending orders so I hope I'll be able to work with the web platform, what do you think? Does it work well with Firefox in Linux? I don't mind getting a MT4 package for my charting needs but Zerodha's web platform should at least be stable enough to do trade-related stuff efficiently.

How about the mobile version? Or should I get a tablet? Any recommendations?

@ Zerodha, any chance of this happening?
Z5 is good for placing orders, but charting is definitely not great... Z5 works on tablet as well. There is a separate mobile app which works quite okay as well.

We are a few weeks away from launching our in house web app Kite(which will double up for mobile as well). Check one of the screens with some dummy data:

Snake.Head

Will it support candlestick ?
Z5 is good for placing orders, but charting is definitely not great... Z5 works on tablet as well. There is a separate mobile app which works quite okay as well.

We are a few weeks away from launching our in house web app Kite(which will double up for mobile as well). Check one of the screens with some dummy data:

Snake.Head

Yes definitely, Mountain, line, candle and bar, 80+ indicators.
Looking forward to kite more than PI.

@Zerodha Only request for kite will check quote stream keep flowing into it.
I have found that with most web chart quote stop after sometime.You have to refresh
By looking at screenshot it looks like you guys using tradingview/chartiq api :thumb: Smart move to cut down development time.

LivetoTrade

Please also consider to supplement it with "Manja" - i mean, strong threads, lesser downtime :thumb:

hello zerodha please answer my queries.
i would like to ask some questions.i am a zerodha member from 8 months
is there any limit on how much money can i keep in my zerodha account?
second question is should i have to pay income tax on profit?