Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Got mail from India Info line- Flat 9.99 per order(Equity,currency ,commodity,F&O)
No pre-paid fees or volume commitment
Only STT, Regulatory Charges, Stamp Duty and Service Tax will be applicable
No other conditions apply!

Zerodha -- re-look at your rates,platform and charting else expect mass flight from you.
Hello svasudevan05,

Below is the link about IIFL offer.

http://iifl.in/about-us.html

It says the platform provided is web based and not desktop based.
With web based platform, the charting quality is a question mark ?

If you have used their web based platform, please provide insight regarding platform and charting experience

Enjoy,
CArnot

Strange reaction.. ZT not connecting if started from metro start menu in win 8.1. only running if started from desktop shortcut or origin.... :D
Want to know the reason? Right click on both the icons, select properties.. and look at the "Start in:" field details across the two :D

Even i was facing the same issue when I was running it from the start menu.

Zerodha

Guys, we had sent an SMS today asking all those not able to update NEST to [email protected] .We are hoping that everything settles down completely by tomorrow. We have been clogged by so many people asking us to install NEST for them and they wanting to stay online, hence our phone lines are forever busy. Our guess is that there is just a small bunch of people who have to upgrade.

Guys, we had sent an SMS today asking all those not able to update NEST to [email protected] .We are hoping that everything settles down completely by tomorrow. We have been clogged by so many people asking us to install NEST for them and they wanting to stay online, hence our phone lines are forever busy. Our guess is that there is just a small bunch of people who have to upgrade.
I did all the necessary installation 2-3 days ago right when we were first notified, but still faced various issues.

1) Frequent crashes
2) Incorrect charts, showing different data at different zoom levels.

Finally I copped on to the charts at economictimes.com and resorted to shutting down my PC twice a session just to cool me off.

Edit : Sad that the clients had to wait till midnight to hear something from you.

Jai Mata Di

We are hoping that everything settles down completely by tomorrow.
Dear Zerodha,
Is there any plan to correct database of PI with live direct data import to PI(with automatic backfilling) now? :thumb:
Nest Chart is a complete mess(you already know that).
Hope you do it soon as your data server is already up. Still Pi is not usable for trading..

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

I still get this error even after reinstalling ZT/NEST 3.11.2 [multiple times now] : "User cannot login; Reason: Disconnected from NEST system". Support ticket number: 373833 :(
How to solve? follow this procedure.
1. Right click on the shortcut (either on desktop or start menu) where you are facing this problem -- likely when it is in the start menu after installation
2. select properties of this shortcut
3. Check if the folder information exists in "Start in" field. If it is empty, then you face the above error.
4. If it is empty, then update the folder path like indicated in the attached picture

5. Enjoy!!

Attachments

megapixel

I had a weird experience today.

I gave a After Market Order today morning in Z5 .

AMO order did not show up in order book .

I thought may be order did not pass through and some issues in the software...I left it and I did not put order second time.

At the evening I got SMS from NSE confirming that order has been executed !

Immediately I logged into Mobile platform and now I got to see order and its status shown as completed.

I am doing investing ...and so its not much damaging to me ....but definitely intraday trader will be in big trouble for this type of issue.

Zerodha , please look into this issue. I am posting this for your convenience .

Jai Mata Di

Got mail from India Info line- Flat 9.99 per order(Equity,currency ,commodity,F&O)
No pre-paid fees or volume commitment
Only STT, Regulatory Charges, Stamp Duty and Service Tax will be applicable
No other conditions apply!

Zerodha -- re-look at your rates,platform and charting else expect mass flight from you.
If you have already opened an account with them, tell us the transaction charges for various segments(as they are hiding it ;)).
There is a flashing message on their web site, u don't need a calculator, lowest brokerage ever. :lol: I doubt, it might be the best way to hide high transaction charges.:D

Give some print screen of their web charts & terminal also(although very few professional trader use web based terminal because they are much slower :p).

Happy Trading.
Cheers.

H.C.

I do not know the circumstances under which Zerodha thought about making their own Trading platform.

They had always stated that a client can trade with both. Which means they are not really braking away from Omnesys and NestTrader and NestPlus.

If that was the case why did Omnesys change the NestPlus to NestCharts?

There are other brokers who provide the NestTrader as trading platform. Did they too changed the NestPlus to NestCharts? Does any one know about this?

Or is this change NestPlus to NestCharts ONLY done for Zerodha customers?

If I am not wrong, I think this could very much the case. Either Omnesys got pissed off at the idea of Zerodha creating their own terminal and cut down what they offered as free to Zerodha

OR

NestCharts was a necessary creation TO WORK ON Zerodha Servers.

Previously NestPlus charts where working on data from Omnesys servers. With the "critical update" applied, the server was changed to zerodha's. This is evident from the fact that ONLY nestclient.ini was changed with the new server paths.

I can't understand what went wrong with the new server setups. But it is fairly evident that the team that did it doesn't know what factors should be considered for setting it up correctly.

The last date on the Pi charts is Dec-05. 8th and 9th data is missing.

The net result is messing both the terminals. This lead to another issue. Everyone started calling them for trading -call-in-trade. This chocked their phone lines too.

It is naive to say that they didn't expected that a considerable number of customers to login to the new servers. They have something like 30,000 customers and they should have expected everyone to login at the same time and designed the system for such an eventuality. And only about 1000 customers where given the Pi terminal.

Even if we accept the lapse of server chocking, what happened to the 8th and 9th data?

So I can only assume that there are more than one issue and the team who where installing the servers did not anticipate any of that.

Everything now depends how fast they can correct their server issue.

May god be with them.